Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Tuchel just renewed so no

3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What happens after reading posts
    from Juve tifosi on BS

[​IMG]

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is he going to pull a conte ?

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Damn I miss this guy!

https://www.espn.com/soccer/italian...hats-next-for-a-coach-who-doesnt-own-a-laptop

Some quotes from the article:

"Federico Tesio, one of the greatest horse trainers ever, always used to say you need to go and see the horses in the morning and watch how they move their legs. It's the same thing with players," Allegri tells ESPN in Italian. "You go and see the players and you watch how they move their legs. That's how you find out whether they're in good shape or not. Then you go inside [the training facility], you get the stats and see if they confirm what you saw or not."

"A coach has to be on the sideline. He has to breathe the game, he has to understand when it's time to make a sub or take off his best player because the team needs a different kind of player," Allegri says. "How can you see that from the stands? I've had to do it a few times and you feel detached. You're disconnected. You don't hear the sounds of the pitch. You don't look the players in the face and you have to do that in order to decide whether it's time to take them off or say something to encourage or spur them on.

"If you're not there, how can you do that? All you can do from the stands is phone the bench and say, 'Take him off,' just like the fans do. The perception is different from the sideline. They're making out football to be an exact science. If that's the case, the coach may as well go to the cinema."

It sounds laissez-faire and even hands-off, but Allegri is brain-training. He is stimulating the occipital lobe. He wants players to think for themselves and feels there's a tendency these days to teach and teach and teach without leaving any space for learning. He points to the door at the end of our meeting room in the Palazzo Parigi, the hotel that is the scene of our interview. "If the players are used to going through that door and the door is locked, they'll end up banging their heads against it. If the players are used to thinking for themselves, they'll try to find another way out."

"When the ball gets to your [Cristiano] Ronaldos, [Paulo] Dybalas, Ronaldinhos, [Clarence] Seedorfs or [Andrea] Pirlos ... I have to put the other players in a position to get the ball to them, and once they have the ball they decide what to do with it, what the best decision is," Allegri says. "My son is 8, and every now and then we go on YouTube and watch the great players, the amazing things they do in attack and in defence, because football is art. In Italy, the tactics, schemes, they're all bulls---. Football is art and the artists are the world-class players. You don't have to teach them anything, you just admire them. All you need to do is put them in the best condition to do well."

The focus should lie in polishing up a player's fundamentals, improving his reading of the game and making him think: all the simple things that are actually hard to teach, let alone master, like defending, which Allegri believes Italians have been made to feel ashamed of. Then comes the organisation.

phat and juveeer repped this.
  6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If they call him , he has to go back unless he wants to give up the 8 million Euro they are paying him. I'm sure he is loving making all that just to hang out with Ambra.

[​IMG]

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    IF that were to happen I would not mind at all. I don't think its going to happen though, at least not right now.

9. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Why exactly was he sacked

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was not sacked. It was a mutual agreement according to both sides.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never understood that line. Why would anyone “mutually agree to leave”?

It is either Allegri who wanted to leave or Agnelli who wanted him gone. I don’t believe that’s a mutual decision.

Maybe it was mutual for Andrea to tell Max, shut up and leave and we will pay you your 8 million and if you don’t keep quiet, you won’t get paid! I can see how that’s a mutual decision.

12. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri: Mr. Agnelli, I need to have more say in transfers and who you bring in, as well as who you sell.
    Agnelli: That's not how this works here at Juventus, Paratici and Nedved evaluate the market and will discuss players with you. Ultimately, it's Paratici and Nedved.
    Allegri: I insist! I've had to "figure it out" all 5 years here, if not I may have to weigh my options
    Agnelli: Well that's fine, but Paratici and Nedved evaluate the market and decide who we buy/sell/loan. If you aren't ok with that any more, maybe it's time to move on.
    Allegri: Ok, I guess it is. Grazie

I'm guessing mutual agreement went like that? :thumbsup:

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #315 falvo, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Its more like this:

Agnelli -

"We know you can win scudetti and the coppa italia but we want the Champions League so bye"!

Allegri-

"Ok I'll take the 8 millions and hang out with Ambra"!

gumbacicc repped this.
  14. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    It was Paratici and Nedved who wanted Allegri gone. Agnelli wanted him to stay but eventually gave on the advice of those two.

juveeer repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Still don’t get why anyone would want to fire a guy who wins all those trophy’s in 5 years. It makes no sense and winning the CL is a crap shoot and a pipe dream.

If it’s not broke , why fix it?

16. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How on earth would you know if that's true or not

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Ask Real Madrid if winning the Champions League is a crap shoot. Juve had every right to move on from Allegri who lacked the type of approach that is fundamental to winning Champions League. Where they screwed up was not arranging to bring on a manager of equal or greater quality before letting Allegri go. It was poorly thought out and executed.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #320 falvo, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Real Madrid has won many European Cups while Juventus historically has two in their history.

Just because Real , the only team in Europe won all those CL’s doesn’t mean Juve can or will , for that matter. They are two entirely different teams, nations , leagues and scenarios.

Allegri got them to two finals which is better than any other manger can claim. Only Lippi and Trap won it all in a different time, 35 & 24 years ago.

19. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, things just started getting stale with Allegri in my opinion. Those first 3 years were great, with good soccer being played. The last 2 years, something was off with the team, not sure why.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe so but everyone seems to be complaining even more with Sarri at the helm.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Sure things were stale when the scudetto was clinched with weeks to go. At this point last season, we were not tied for first. We had 20 wins and 3 draws at this juncture last year. Napoli was the nearest opponent at 16 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses.

Dante repped this.
  22. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed

23. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, Agnelli said as much in one interview. Look it up if you want to.