Pirlo Officially Appointed New Coach - Allegri/Sarri Out!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It is 34 scudetti.

When we went through our dark age, the management screwed it up royally. The coaches were blamed for the two 7th place finishes but it was the club structure that let us down. Agnelli took over as president, he hired the right folks to manage the club (Marotta, Paratici & Nedved) and was able to recreate the culture that was present at Juve when his father and uncle were in charge.

gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #252 falvo, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Emphasizing my point even more! Fiorentina, Napoli, Roma and Lazio could only dream of a figure like this.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because they have owners that love to squabble, whine, bitch, moan, you name it. Instead of actually putting their money where their mouths are they will complain about the Northern clubs. Build your own stadium, take control of your team, build a winning team, then from there you'll make even more money. At least Roma is trying, what are the others doing? Nothing but complain about Juve.

gumbacicc and juveeer repped this.
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh and in other news that actually has something to do with Allegri, word is that there's an agreement to extend his contract to 2020.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #255 falvo, Apr 26, 2017
    Della Valle, Lotito , Sensi all complained and still do because they don't have Agnelli's money and never did. I think Francesco Sensi was close to Berlusconi at one point but nothing like the Agnelli family. Same can be said about De Laurentis. They are all small potatoes by comparison.

Back to Allegri, I'm willing to bet he will have been fired had he been coaching Palermo, Messina or Catania.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The Agnelli family is rich, no doubt about it. But Juventus is a corporation on the stock exchange and is run on its own. J Stadium was being built during a period when Juve was at its worse. It is not as if the Agnelli family is pumping its own money into the team. Others have had money but have squandered it on bad decisions. Many are the whiners Dante spoke of.

juveeer repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #257 falvo, Apr 26, 2017
    Whatever you want to call it, no other owner in Italy and especially southern Italy can compete with the wealth of their corporation. Even Berlusconi and Moratti had to sell their teams to Chinese outfits and Roma to an American company.

The rumor when I lived in Italy was the only reason Massimiliano Moratti was in charge of Inter was because his family deemed him too stupid to run their other businesses. for this reason, they let him have the team so they would keep him out of everything else. I think Berlusca had to sell Milan because he had too many lawsuits against him.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Napoli could build a new stadium or at least renovate this one with the Higuain & Cavani money

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #259 falvo, Apr 26, 2017
    Have you ever been to Naples? Its not as easy as it seems. I can assure you since I know a thing or two about how construction works in Italy (and its even more of a nightmare in the south) , its a miracle they are playing at Stadio San Paolo.

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The Agnelli's may not be pumping money into Juve directly, but Exor does so its practically the same thing

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand bureaucracies with getting approvals and all that, but its a shame for a country known for its Architecture! Stadiums are holding Italian football back, even though its been in resurgence last 3 years. It could've become popular faster than it is now.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not that easy, there are a lot of financial regulations they have to abide by.

juventino13 repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #263 falvo, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Aside from the bureaucracies and financial legal (and illegal) obligations put forth by a city that clubs have to deal with, there are so many different obstacles no one abroad would even begin to think about. I dealt with it first hand when I was in Florence and it was a nightmare. Naples is even more difficult to get things done.

Just to name a few of things I had to deal with...architetti, catasto, il comune di Firenze , sindacati, avvocati, geometri, imprese edile, progettisti, Misericordia, belle arti, il comune della toscana, muratori, lega ambiente, la chiesa cattolica, preti , suore, francescani , le mazzette (paying under the table)..just for starters.

I didn't even bring in the fact that there is literally no infrastructure , organization or what you had to pay the local politicians or mafiosi (take your pick) and many others who wanted a piece of the pie. This all happened from 2000-2005. At that time things in Italy were bad but it's even worse now than it was them. If I didn't live through it, I would never have believed it.

In America tutto funziona in Italia no.....

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh I know that, but I'm just saying that when money is injected into the club its usually through Exor

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How often has that happened? Exor does not have the ability to just pump money into the club. There may be stock options it can undertake. But it cannot just write a check.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They still would invest in Juventus before Napoli , Fiorentina, Lazio or Roma. Another reason on how Juve is a great storied club especially when you compare them to everyone else.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  18. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Dante notice i was his biggest supporter til Cardiff....then gave him a few chances but last year's Barca, Tottenham and RM games showed he doesnt learn and he doesn't improve. Even with the world's best player at his disposal now

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    juveeer repped this.
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He has done well, but if this team falls well short of expectations in Champions League after adding Ronaldo, then yes, his job should be in question. This is a conversation to be had in the spring.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus has won two European cups in its history. One was against Liverpool in the Heysel Stadium disaster and the other on pk's 22 yars ago. The odds aginst winning another are slim. If they get to the semifinals, then maybe they have half of a chance but I wouldn't count on it.

25. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The odds are 6-1 3rd choice but in my book Juventus are better this year than both Man City the favorite and Barcelona 2nd choice.

gumbacicc repped this.