All-time women's international football results

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by mcruic, Jan 1, 2010.

1. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of attempting to collect details of every single women's international match ever played (date/venue/match result/match type). I mean, going further than FIFA's list, which does not contain all of them (and also has some there which are not played by national teams).

I'm at around 1,300 matches so far (from 1965 up to the end of 1993) and expect to have around 6,300 by the end of 2009's matches. If anyone has complete lists of their women's national team games, I would be really grateful if you could send them to me, especially for the middle-to-low ranking teams.

2. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i got all results of China from 2006 to now. do you need it?

and before 2006,i don't get all by now.i am searching for that.

3. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Thanks for your help. I am mainly looking for matches before 2000, because I have most of them after 2000. I have a few questions about China before 2000 - it might be easier for you to find if you can read Chinese.....

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    All of Norway's basic results can be found here, starting with their first match in 1978:
    http://www.fotball.no/System-pages/TabellTermin/?tournamentId=39900

Dating back to 1978. I don't think any of them list any rosters, but results, usually goal scorers, etc. They also don't say if the match is a friendly/WCQ, etc.

Also, between 1995 and 2007, someone has all their match info listed, including rosters, location and what kind of match it was:
    http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~steinl/football/stat.htm

Truthfully, I have more information on my HD at home, but I haven't gotten around to listing it/posting it somewhere yet. But it would be just rosters, notes, etc. All the results are above.

5. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Thanks again.

Most of the 'big' football countries like Norway, Sweden, Germany, etc. will be fairly easy to get results for, but it is always useful to have another list to check my games against.

I do have a few questions about Norway though which you might be able to answer....

1) - In October 1981, BUL Oslo travelled to Taiwan to take part in the Women's World Invitational Tournament. Several newspapers reported them as simply "Norway", but a little bit of research shows that it was the club team who took part, finally finishing 4th out of 14 teams.
    In December 1984, there was the 3rd edition of this tournament in Taiwan, and again, a Norwegian team took part. However, I have not been able to find any information on what kind of team this was (perhaps BUL Oslo again?)
    I am also missing one of their results (15th December 1984 v Australia national team).

2) - In 1988 (March or June) and 1989 (March), a Norwegian women's team won the "Grand Hotel Varna Cup" in Varna, Bulgaria. Most participants were club teams, but I have not been able to find which club represented Norway. Bulgaria and Poland apparently sent their full national teams to both events, which were played indoors, but apparently on a full-sized pitch.

3) - In April 1994, Norway again sent a team to the Bulgarian tournament. In the group matches, they played against Latvia and Hungary (national teams). They won the group, then lost to the host club (Grand Hotel Varna) in the semi-finals. They drew 1-1 with Latvia to share 3rd Place on 9th April 1994.

Any help with the identity of the Norwegian team in each case would be very welcome.

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The identity? As in rosters, or do you mean what club went?

Let me ask around and see what I can find. There's a good chance I may not find any of this online (meaning no proper sourced material) but I can ask around. Some of the players that were probably in those tourneys are still around.

7. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    thanks Boni Lass,I got more about Norway.

but...i haven't got any offical schedules for China.

today, i got some matches of China before 2000,AFC cup from 1986.,Asian Game from 1990,Algarve Cup from1996,all WWC and Olympic Games.and some friendly matches(this may the most important,but...)

and after 2000,it's more easy .

8. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Thank you. I meant what club/clubs went. I am not collecting information on rosters. I am trying to do something that is possible for EVERY match, so just the date of the match, the venue of the match and the match result are all I am recording.

Chinadaiyi - I have a few questions so far about China....

1) - In January 1989 there was a friendly tournament in Xiamen. I have all the results and dates.

The following teams played: Fujian and Xiamen (2 local Chinese teams), China, Japan, Finland and Philippines. I want to know - were these last 4 national teams? I read somewhere the Philippines team was called "Makita Power Tools" - is this a club team?

2) - In April 1990, a 'China' team went to Bulgaria for the Grand Hotel Varna Cup. Was this the China national team or a club team? China played 5 games.
    16/04/90 - China 3-0 USA U-19
    17/04/90 - China 1-1 Renova Budapest (Hungary)
    18/04/90 - China 1-1 France
    20/04/90 - China 2-0 Canada (Semi-Final)
    21/04/90 - China 2-0 France (Final)

3) - In April 1991, 'China' again played in the Grand Hotel Varna Cup. Again, was this the national team or a club team?

Their results:
    02/04/91 - Soviet Union 1-0 China
    03/04/91 - England v China (unknown - probably was not England national team)
    05/04/91 - China 3-1 Romania
    06/04/91 - China beat Japan (result unknown, 9th Place match)

4) - In August 1990, there was a friendly tournament in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia.

China, China B, North Korea and Soviet Union played. I am missing 2 results.

20/08/90 - North Korea 0-0 Soviet Union
    20/08/90 - China ?-? China B
    22/08/90 - China 6-0 Soviet Union
    22/08/90 - China B ?-? North Korea
    24/08/90 - China B 0-1 Soviet Union
    24/08/90 - China 1-0 North Korea

5) - In October 1991, China went to the USA

04/10/91 - USA 1-2 China, in Oakford
    12/10/91 - USA 2-0 China, in Fairfax

I also have 2 other games, which do not seem to be official.

06/10/91 - USA 3-0 China
    08/10/91 - USA 5-0 China

Do you know anything about these 2 matches?

6) In August 1986, China played in a tournament in Tortona, Italy. They beat an Italian club team 2-0 in the final. They also drew 1-1 with a West German team. I am not sure if any other national teams were at this tournament.

9. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    1):
    2-3):it's national team.
    4):it's metioned,i will try again.
    5):the 2 offical games,i got the different results.it's exerices matches.these year,China go to USA every year,and play some matches,offical and exerices.may the same.
    6):it's may a tournment, USA,China,Japan,Brazil.and....
    20/07/86,China 0:2 USA.(1:2?)
    24/07/86,China 1:1Brazil.
    25/07/86,China 0:3 Italy.
    26/07/86,China 2:1 Japan.

it said in July,1987, a club team(Changchun) went USA,and played with Norway and Sweden Canada.

yes, i got some important schedules for you .i hope you may get some answers.you may pick some you need.this is from 1986-1991.
    http://football.sport.org.cn/nzqs/nzsj/2004-04-20/nzsj32i161i9649.html

but only Chinese.can you do that?

and more :

http://football.sport.org.cn/nzqs/nzsj/

10. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Thank you for the links Chinadaiyi

12/10/1991 - Fairfax (USA) - USA 2-0 China
    [1-0 Kris Lilly 5', 2-0 Michelle Akers-Stahl 11']

04/10/1991 - Oakford (USA) - USA 1-2 China
    [0-1 Sun Qing Mei 46', 0-2 Sun Wen 60', 1-2 Shannon Higgins 69']

Yes, this was a different tournament. There were 6 teams - USA, China, Brazil, Italy, Japan and Mexico.
    After this tournament was finished, China played another tournament, also in Italy.

11. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Chinadaiyi, do you know anything about this?

"Chinese team finished their Taiwan trip on January, 22 with three wins"

This is from the year 2000. China beat Nigeria 3-1 in Hong Kong on 16.01.2000. It seems that after this they went to Taipei for 3 matches (probably on 18.1, 20.1 and 22.1). The report does not mention the opponents (Taiwan/Chinese Taipei national team or some club teams?)

12. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I managed to find this on another site, sorry. They only played club teams.

18.01.2000 - Jin Wen Institute of Technology 1-5 China
    20.01.2000 - Taiwan Sports Institute 0-3 China
    22.01.2000 - Ming Chuan United 0-1 China

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    1. More than likely it was Asker, as they were the cup winners that year, although it could have been Sprint/Jeløy.

2. No clue.

3. As a friend pointed out elsewhere, this was most likely the U-20 team, as mentioned in this Swedish interview:
    http://svenskdamfotboll.se/index_ne...&category_id=0&parent_id=0&arcyear=&arcmonth=

(Yes, it was talking about the Swedish team, but it would make sense that Norway would follow suit.)

Had any of these been the senior WNT, the NFF would have stats on it. But because it seems the first two were club teams, it all comes down to whether or not someone remembers something about it. Sadly enough.

14. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Hi there - I've been doing some 'research' in old newspaper archives (not open to everyone, but students can access them) so can answer these queries about Norway reasonably well now, if you're still curious.

Yup, this was BUL.

Was BUL again. (Source: Aftenposten Aften, 27 December 1984, page 10). I can't help with information available on this tournament; the newspaper article was more in the style of 'what you did on your holidays' ;)

These were full teams - Norway wanted a spring training camp in the days before artificial grass - but with one caveat; the indoor matches were, at least in 1989, eight-a-side with 2 x 30 minutes. There's quite a lot of data on the Norway matches available if you want it.

Another Norwegian club, Bøler, also entered the tournament in 1988, but had poor results.

This was the Norway U20 side. Sweden U20 also took part in the tournament, according to contemporary Norwegian reports. Here there is even some data online already: Norway U20 (1994 season)