All-Time Big Soccer USMNT outrage

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by soccersubjectively, Oct 16, 2015.

1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know these boards haven't been around since day one but I was wondering how all this #KlinsmannOut rage compares to other times in BS history. Is this the most angry fans have been? I haven't been on that long but the only time I can remember anything that compares in any way - both pale - are Donovan's omission and the Strauss article.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. Bookmesir

Bookmesir Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leaving LD off the WC squad was beyond outrage for me and pages and pages of others (that "omission" thread is still open more than a year later)...my head did an exorcist 360 and if JK was near I'd have puked pea soup all over him after piddling on the rug.

Len, pichichi2010, Eleven Bravo and 2 others repped this.
  3. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Member+

Jun 21, 2001
    Bradley losing the Gold Cup did ramp up the BB hate quite a bit on these forums. It is hard to compare to now as everyone is just posting more with smartphones etc. so it is just more active in general.

But nothing will ever beat the Connor Casey vs Honduras PBP thread. Legendary.

4. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    Handling failure is one thing. Handling a fraud is something else altogether.

6. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, so BigSoccer had psychotic melt down pbp threads even before I was even a pre-teen. Would you look at that.

7. AutoPenalti

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahaha, this is just top notch.

[​IMG]

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  8. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Member+

Jun 21, 2001
    God that was a fun night.

9. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was also the nepotism thing that seemed to dominate every thread.

ChrisSSBB, Mr Martin and russ repped this.
  10. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The dissatisfaction with Bob in no way compared. It was quibbling about a lot of details here and there which added up to anywhere from always being underwhelmed by him or preferring he go at different points, namely after the Gold Cup.

With Klinsmann there has been a substantial macro level disagreement with his policies leading to a strong preference he leave for the past year, and it's really come to a head since those policies led to an all-time worst performance at a Gold Cup, and it's not gotten better since. This is the worst 10-game run in the modern era, when we thought 90's level play even was in the rear-view mirror for good. It's pretty natural that would lead to the most outrage at BS ever. This is the biggest consensus we've had on a long-term problem.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  12. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO the biggest outrage I've seen on the boards was after the first two group play games of the Confederations Cup in 2009. People were furious that DeMarcus Beasley was starting, and he made a pretty memorable error against Brazil that lead to a goal. Most people were calling for Bob's head after the poor showing. One poster went as far, as to list Sunil's email and phone number at Brown University. I can say, that I took part in the fun and left a pretty vulgar voicemail, as well as a hate filled email..................The craziest thing to me, is that Sunil replied to my email after the 2-0 over Spain.

13. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing can possibly surpass the Donovan cut, save for a match fixing scandal or other such criminal activity.

14. joe cleats

joe cleats Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciated the "outrage" of the 2010 WC roster announcement.

It was pretty much the following (immediately after our last friendly game but before the announcement):

"OMG, guys, I just saw Brian Ching at the airport!"
    "What does this mean?"
    "I don't know, but he's alone!"
    "So, like, is he cut?"
    "OMG, guys, he's crying!"

soccersubjectively repped this.
  15. AutoPenalti

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh..that must have been awkward.

16. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Wait who the hell has enough reason to hate Casey to that extent? What did he ever do? It wasnt as if he was a lock for the World Cup. At that time only Jozy and Charlie Davies were locks. Findley was a last minute replacement for Davies. A poor imitation no less. And Gomez only had a shot because of his goalscoring form in early 2010.

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One difference now is that the failure is at all levels, and it's an incredibly stark contrast to the strength of MLS.
    The threads are gone now, but the 2000 olympics threads were unreal.

soccersubjectively, russ and Mr Martin repped this.
  18. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan 2014.

MB Nepotism for a long time.

JK 2015

BB 2011.