all the news that's fit to print...about milan

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I figured we could have a news section to show articles not related to transfers fro goal.com, channel4 or whatever news or pseudo-news source you want.

here's a blurb i wanted to post that i read on goal.com. of course, it's not surprising coming from me, that this is about pirlo, a player even i admit i like probably a bit too much. :eek:

Baggio: Pirlo Is World Class

i figure this might be better than just posting random threads about single news events, maybe?

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's always nice to see Baggio come out of his shell and comment on calcio. He's like the JD Salinger of calcio. After retiring he took himself completely out of the calcio world.

Pirlo is world class, and he learned from the best.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was reading today and seedorf said that he blames the situation on politics, which I thought was interesting for a couple of reasons. at first, i thought he was just sucking up to berlusconi :D, and that could have played a small part as they are friends i'm sure, but as i read his comments more deeply, some point started to emerge and i have read it elsewhere, is that it almost seems that calcio is in the midst of a civil conflict between organized groups and then the police. which is why this situation is so much harder than it is in england to "clean up." in england, there seemed to be clear-cut "good" guys, the government (ick, i can't believe i wrote that but i am just going by the perceived narrative) who could kick out the bad, so to speak, but if you have almost in some ways, waring factions, and there is no clear-cut "good" or "bad" and this is a reflection of a societal problem and frustration, then this could be much harder to fix, i fear. from a selfish perspective, one could just say, "well, fine, just take your non-calcio grievances elsewhere," but then again, who am i to tell some people when and wear to get attention for a situation that they feel is more than calcio or sport, but involves them and their families' lives.

so, question to those who have a better finger on the pulse of everyday life in italy, am i even close to the mark or am i way off (which is a distinct possibility)? it just seems to me, that there is something there that is deeper than the england hooligan troubles, especially considering some of those troubles went abroad, but italy rarely has trouble abroad, but has tons of it at home. anyways, just curious, cause it is so depressing to see serie a at it's low point, and after such a great few achievements in the past 16 months, in a world cup for italy, ballon d'or, fifa and other awards for cannavaro, and a european cup victory for milan, which has quite a few italian protagonists, and yet all people can talk about is how much trouble the league is in and how far it has fallen. :(
    serie a is already having trouble recruiting players and this isn't helping.

cheers

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    I got a question about Milan's schedule (because there has been problems in Argentina about Boca's)

the Milan website says:

12/09/2007 Reggina - Milan
    12/16/2007 Livorno - Milan

However, Milan will be traveling to Japan on the 6th of December. Am I right to say that the games will be rescheduled?

They also have a Champions League game on the 12th (day before their semifinal game) which might interfere but not so much since Milan should have qualified before the last game

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  6. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

they cant have a champions league game on the 12th.. the last game of the group stages is on the 4th..

and we only play in japan on the 13th so it shouldnt be a problem

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    i must have read wrong then

an no you have a game the 13th and the 17th (if you win on the 13th)

and even if its one game on the 13th, it would have a huge effect on the game on the 16th as it's in Japan

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    here's kaka scoring a nice goal for brazil.

[youtube]AHpqcoUgG10[/youtube]

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  12. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/nov19p.html

for milan, we have three players who are eligible for the calcio "oscars."

pirlo is up for best italian player with totti (the favorite to win), and de rossi

kaka is up for best foreign player with ibrahimovic and mutu (this will be close)

the winner of those two awards are then are up for best overall player, i suspect since serie a players are voting, and given what he did in he league last year, that totti will win, but who knows, maybe kaka will bring it back to the san siro

also, nesta is up with materazzi and mexes for best defender.

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is it just me or does he look a little hefty?

15. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    that was the point... that was from the Ronaldo XI vs. Zidane XI match yesterday

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Clearly, Ronaldo is done! I don't know why everyone is living in the past
    about his greatness. They guy is loaded and obviously not missing any meals.

17. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    omg, he has a gut and a slight double-chin forming lol. :eek: oh man, this is not good.

18. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    WOW, he looks bigger than Rosie O'Donell...
    If that's how he looks when he's about to start for us, we're in a serious trouble - who would let him get to that point?! :(

Unless, camera adds 40lb...

19. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow... so much for "looks like a model" and it was the "thyroid problem"

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  21. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. L.Vorenus

L.Vorenus New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    NJ, USA
    First Baggio, now Rivera. Everybody loves Pirlo (Scroll down a little for the part about Pirlo.)

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
  25. jpick