All Rocks 2017-18 Intent to Continue

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, May 8, 2017.

1. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    It is that time of the year to get a sense of who intends to return to play in the All Rocks drafted leagues next season.

We have 2 gameweeks and 2 games left this gameweek until the season is over. Still to be determined are the relegations and promotions among our leagues and the winners of the various season long intra league competitions.

Besides expressing your intent, please call our attention to any manager who checked out and didn't participate for a substantial part of the season.

Thanks to all for another great year.

Someone started another thread to discuss possible changes to Small Rocks. Please express your opinions on possible changes in that thread.

Finally, if your email and/or contact information have changed since we organized this season, send me a Private Message with the correct information.

As we get into late June, we'll post our official organizing thread for next season.

For potential new managers who want to be considered for manager vacancies next seasons, I suggest the following: 1) Read the two All Rocks sticky threads at the top of this forum. 2) Send me a Private Message with your First and Last Name, where you are from, your BigSoccer Nickname, email address, phone number, and your proposed team name.

Aviators, Manager "Hal", intends to return next season, and I think we've done enough to stay in Small Rocks..

2. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Despite my extreme tardiness (that is probably generous !) in doing the Rothmans Medal - Bigger Boat will be back ... and hopefully not in Dust League !:sick:

3. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Sasha Juniors looking to make their return to Small Rocks.

4. Rgatt09

Rgatt09 Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Rafalution will be back

5. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well I'm still debating ..... Issues in small rocks as some people don't like the google spreadsheet .... Yes I dropped off by doing that & forgot the thread on here & i'll take the punishment but unless everybody is on board with the google doc ... it is useless. Others shouldn't have to come behind & update the spreadsheet due to others laziness.

I have also been approached by a work colleague on a different format game that uses the FPL site but no draft involved. Once I catch up on the rules I will decide which method will be easier for myself in the long run.

6. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Let's discuss inactivity and why we request every All Rocks Manager commit to stay active the entire season.

If one or two managers out of an 8 - team drafted league are not active, then the swoop for the hot players and the new players in January is only competed among 6 managers, making it easier for those managers to build powerhouse teams that have an advantage in our intra league cup competitions.

One of our hallmarks has been to develop "virtual" relationships among the All Rocks managers who look forward to competing against each other season after season.

Occasionally, a veteran All Rocks manager may go inactive due to what's happening in his/her life: For example, a new child, change of jobs, etc. When one of our veteran managers does go inactive, they usually give an explanation and if they want to return, then they have to start in the Dust League.

That's why, in addition to promotion and relegation, and in addition to managers who choose not to return, we have several openings in our All Rocks drafted leagues from managers who went inactive for substantial periods of time during the season, putting their team on autopilot.

For this year, we have 5 managers who were inactive for substantial parts of the season and if they want to return, will have to start in the Dust League:

From the Very Small Rocks league, we have two veteran managers who went inactive:

Ben Giveth & Benteke, currently in 6th place in VSR, made NO transfers this season, didn't even use a wild card and fielded the same team from GW 4-36.

bleech_dawgs, currently in last place in VSR, only made 1 transfer this season, in GW3, used no wild cards, and had the same team, captain, and vice-capt from GW 3-36.

From the Sand League, we have one manager, Eternal City FC, even though he made 10 transfers in the first 10 GWs, went on a walk-about from GW 11-36, fielding the same team, captain, and vice-captain.

From the Dust League, we have two veteran managers who went inactive:

Dynamo Teso only made 4 transfers all season, did not use a wild card, and had his team on autopilot.

AFC Ku only made 8 transfers, in a few clumps, and none since GW 20, from whence his team was on auto-pilot without any use of his bench, other than auto subs, and the same designation of captain and vice-captain.

There were 4-5 other managers who were not very active in the transfer market, but did take advantage of some of the wild cards and did actively manage their team, switching bench players and their captain and vice-captain designation. Some of these managers went inactive for 6-8 gameweeks, but still showed a commitment to the All Rocks' leagues.

7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. Morrison8312

Morrison8312 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Weymouth for next season. I haven't made a ton of transfers lately, but have been active. Planning a wedding, work travel, etc got in the way

9. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will be back

10. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glorydaze will be back. Looking forward to a little break and then getting back at it.

11. Journeymen

Journeymen Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will be looking forward to next season, in some kind of larger rock named league I believe.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  12. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    I am in for next season

kopiteinkc repped this.
  13. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    FERGY RED NOSE2 will be back next season

14. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Despite inactivity over the last couple of GW's (which is going to cost me big time), ChrisSuttonsSlippers will return.

15. Norm Coyle

Norm Coyle Member+

Jul 14, 2015
    Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stormin Gunners will return next season, relieved that my sophomore slump season is almost over. My third season will be the charm:thumbsup:

16. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    It might be good to also post your team name because some of us don't know all the BigSoccer nicknames correlated to the All Rocks Teams. Just a Request! And glad you're returning.

17. pato2384

pato2384 Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Morning Glory is in for next season

18. bobfest

bobfest Member

May 13, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bad draft, questionable moves, moves not made quickly enough, scads of points left on the bench, captaining the wrong players week after week, Friday changes. Relegation. All that could go wrong did go wrong. And I'm glad everything went wrong in one year. Next year will be better.

Real Newark will be back next season and will finish in the top two of Very Small Rocks.

DrHeckle and lobomojo repped this.
  19. CRIBMAD

CRIBMAD Member+

Jul 16, 2015
    LIVERPOOL UNITED KINGDOM
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Congrats my friend - i will be joining you there well played

Journeymen and kopiteinkc repped this.
  20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Hoping the same, you definitely made it squeaky bum time for me down the stretch and this last GW especially, as my year featured the same elements you mentioned; plan to see you up year after...well if i manage to learn some lessons from this near death experience...

21. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC St. Pauli is back

22. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Look forward to competing, just need to be more competitive.

In to win the All Rocks Title (from Very Small Rocks) once again; with a New Team Name of course.

:cool:

DrHeckle repped this.
  23. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm glad you'll settle for 2nd place..... to New Team Name.

24. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Fixtures are out.

Gameweek 1: August 12th, 2017: