All Rocks 2017-18 Drafted Leagues Organizing Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jun 14, 2017.

1. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And hopefully this one will lay the Golden Egg.

:thumbsup:

2. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    you don't have to lay a golden egg , just joining the Statler & Waldorf will be sufficient !

DrHeckle repped this.
  3. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I was about to use the Big Hit this week as a mini-WildCard and save my Wild Card for later. Something in my memory prompted me to revisit this thread and this discussion. I suggest someone from each league addresses the agreed ban on using the Free Hit Chip in their respective Season Threads.

4. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Another discussion in this thread was whether to switch to the FPL Fantasy Draft League.

In the end, the consensus was that some of us would try that system for a season and report. I'm glad we chose to continue with the FPL Fantasy Soccer game.

I put together a complete, ordered draft preference list by position and by number of about 250 players. I put the forwards and midfielders higher on my list to ensure I maximized my chances for players from those positions.

I was unavailable to participate in the draft live, so I fully tested the autodraft functionality with my one-time plan. I was unable to make any priority adjustments based on who else was taken. I ended up with a fairly good team.

Once the season began, I expected all the Beta Managers to actively use the waiver transaction system where, after you got a player off your waiver requests, you moved to the back of the line for your next waiver request. The waivers were the only requests that could be put in during the week and they got processed 24 hours before the first game of the game week. During that 24 hours, we reverted to a free for all and there was no game week limit on the number of transfers you could make.

The system did automatically show who was available so you couldn't select someone who was on another's team.

However, only 2 - 3 of the 8 teams in the league have regularly made transfers. I'm finding I have almost the entire free agent pool to pick from each week. With the lack of participation by many of the other Beta Managers, I find this system quite boring.

It's only halfway through the season, but color me not impressed.

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.
  5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I tried it with some other friends and the waiver system is not flexible enough for our needs - it is a poor substitute to what we have here

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.
  6. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it's great.... but then I'm top of the league.

7. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yankees is second and hasn't made a transfer (transaction) all season; nor has Kopite (Grab me a Naby), but then he's last.

:ROFLMAO:

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When I don’t play it hardly counts - a

BalanceUT repped this.