All Red Kit for the U.S. vs. Latvia

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Ringo, Apr 11, 2006.

1. famdawg

famdawg member at large

Dec 14, 2005
    NY
    Those Nike shirt run VERY big. The XL I have is more like a XXL...

2. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    good to know. So what color are the numbers on this shirt?
    Blue or white?

3. lpowen13

lpowen13 Member

Jul 28, 2002
    NY
    I ended up cancelling my order. They told me that they would hopefully start shipping on June 14th again. After they told me they were hopefully shipping 2 times previously I decided to just forget about it and buy the home white from the ****************.

4. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    Don't be disappointed if you cancelled.
    I got my shirt today, and I'm sorry to say that I think they are a rip off.
    Even though the tag says "authentic", this is a "replica" quality shirt in every way. It's not dri-fit, the USA crest isn't an actual patch, it's cheaply printed on the shirt, etc...it's like the cheap knock off jerseys you find in places like Mexico or Thailand.
    So Nike fleeced the hard core supporters for $80, giving us a limited ed. shirt that's worth maybe $20 tops.
    Rediculous.
    :mad:

5. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    FWIW, it's a "player issue" shirt, i.e. what the team actually wears on the field and about as "authentic" as it gets. USMNT and the MLS shirts that the players wear and were made by Nike all have printed "patches" or "crests." In the case of the current USMNT home and away shirts, the badge, Nike swoop and even the yellow details on the sleeve are printed, plus the back collar is not reinforced (like it is on the "authentic" jerseys you can buy at stores), the sleeves are of lighter construction, etc. Overall Nike's player issue shirts are of a much lighter construction and cut a little more trim, probably because they're designed to be worn about 90 minutes at most instead of over and over again. Player issue shirts do seem "cheaper" because of this.

I know this because I've purchased MLS shirts from several teams' "locker cleanout" sales and I've been lucky to get a few USMNT shirts from players themselves.

6. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
    Hey everybody, my order just shipped via USPS. I was a regular shipping order. Hopefully my McBride #20 will be here in time to sport it around on Monday.

7. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Glad you got yours. I think individual experiences are all over the map. I sent an e-mail to check on my order (which I placed on May 22!), didn't get a response. Called today, and after being on hold while she tried to check on the status of my order, she said she'd have to call me back. So far no call-back. I would love to be able to wear it on Monday. :confused:

8. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm, I would keep calling them. Let them know your concern, you would be suprised what a little bit of persistance will do. I am not saying be a di#k or anything, but let them know...

9. moonbbad

moonbbad Member

May 21, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recieved my landon donovan don't tread jersey today! I must say it was well worth the wait...freaking awesome jersey, and for sure I will be wearing it monday. GO USA!

10. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Now - Can somebody tell me why this team shouldn't be wearing these jerseys during ONE of their opening round games? - Come on - These are totally outrageous jerseys - And US Soccer would make a mint selling these

11. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    I will call again this morning, since I never received a call back yesterday. At 9:35 last night, I got the following e-mail from Marie:

"We are sold out and we are not expecting another shipment until early next week. Do you still want to keep your order on backorder?"

I placed my order the first day available, and I know they didn't sell out until a couple of days after that. This is the first I have heard of my order being "on backorder".

I am not happy. I will do my best to be nice when I call; it's the way I would want people to approach me. But to say I'm frustrated at this point would be an understatement.

12. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Yes, you would think that at $105 each, they would be eager to fill orders, wouldn't you?

13. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I placed my order three bloody days BEFORE the US Latvia match. I didn't even know what they'd look like, just took a chance they'd be good and I'd have a red jersey to wear to future matches.

No jersey yet, no notice of shipping, no response from customer service. These guys suck big time.

EDIT: Called again and got through to US Soccer. No jerseys. No idea when they will be in. No plans to expidite anyone's shipping. Very happy to cancel your order, though. I recommend to everyone that you cancel your order with them-- if you don't have your jersey now you are not going to get it until late June/early July.

Spoke to a manager there and her attitude was dismissive. She said that we should pity them because of the unexpected demand and that they have such a hard job because of so many order. I'm usually really nice all the time but I let this whiney bitch have it. Her excuses were just the biggest load of bullsh!t I've heard in months and so completely unacceptable. No focus on the customer, no ideas on how to solve my problem or make me happy. I told her that if this was the service I could expect I'd never order from them again and she said that I shouldn't and they don't want, and I quote "all this business, it's too much."

Welcome to US Soccer.

14. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga

I ordered mine on May 22 -- SIX days before the Latvia game. How hard can it be to process and ship 2006 jerseys? (They said it was a limited edition, and only 2006 of them were available.)

Yes, they are very eager to cancel orders. I want to know from USSoccer management what went wrong before I cancel my order. I plan to keep on writing e-mails and letters and making phone calls until I get a decent answer.

What a way to increase the soccer fan base in the U.S.!

15. DMunited

DMunited New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Austin TX
    I pre-ordered on the 22nd and got mine today which was great because I leave tomorrow. It looks great but I have second the people who said it feels cheap. It looks nice but is not the same quality as the white jersey by a long shot. It feels more like a knock off than a replica kit.

16. lpowen13

lpowen13 Member

Jul 28, 2002
    NY
    My DTOM jersey saga continues....

On the seventh I was told over the phone and through email that my jersey would be sent at the earliest the 14th. So I sent an email cancelling it on the 7th and went ahead and ordered the home shirt. I recieved an email today saying it was already sent so I can't cancel it. Today is the eleventh which as far as I know is still 3 days before the 14th. So Im now stuck paying 95 more dollars than I had planned. THANKS USSOCCER!

17. Soulphish

Soulphish Member

Dec 2, 2001
    West Virginia

I ordered mine on the 25th and so far have sent two unanswered emails. I am close to cancelling my order. It is sad when someone wants to support the us soccer federation by ordering through their store, but all you get is frustration and delays.

18. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
  19. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    After no response to several e-mails and telephone calls requesting information on my order, I have finally sent one last e-mail cancelling my order. Unfortunately for US Soccer, this also means they have lost a customer.

20. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A shame they had such trouble with this. I ordered mine from US Soccer without a problem, though after I received it I did get a confusing email telling me that "the following order has been cancelled due to it being out of stock" with a receipt below it showing that my jersey had already been shipped. Either way, it had already arrived, so it was strange.

21. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    Did they refund your money?

22. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Colorado
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hrm...good question, actually. I'll have to double check my credit card statement when I get a chance.

23. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Yes, it is a shame. I seriously want soccer to succeed and grow in the US, but I won't go through this kind of fiasco again. I will buy merchandise some other way.

24. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    The (hopefully) last of the saga.......received an e-mail yesterday (after I cancelled my order) advising me that the DTOM jerseys are no longer available.:rolleyes:

25. ajs44321

ajs44321 New Member

May 24, 2006
    Yea i still havent heard anything from US soccer. The only thing i have from them is the confirmation email they sent me after i ordered. I do hope i eventually get my jersey. I assume i am one of many who are just waiting and waiting