All Red Kit for the U.S. vs. Latvia

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Ringo, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from Logan's revenge:

Word is that for their final match before heading to Germany for World Cup 2006, the US Mens National Team will be sporting an all red, "Don't Tread On Me" uniform as a send off. This is the May 28th match in Hartford again Latvia. That match will be on ESPN2 at 6pm.

2. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
  3. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    7 pm game time

4. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    awesome...a year ago on that same date, USA lost to England, is that right?

5. Nerazzuri

Nerazzuri New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    St Louis
    Sadly, I feel this red kit will lead to one of two possibilities, neither of them good.

1) The US will wear this new red kit, and it will be brilliant. It will be far superior to the current white and navy kits. Every US supporter will want to see this kit more, because it will be universally agreed that this is the best kit Nike has ever produced for the US.

Sadly, Nike will decide that these were a "One time only" arrangement, and we will never see them again. However, seeing how popular the response was, Nike will decide to sell these on ussoccerstore.com.....for $119 a piece (or, you can get one with "Adu 9" on the back, for $149).

2) This kit will be absolutely horrendous. Eevryone will hate it, it will be a complete eyesore, focusing on the "Don't Tread On Me" campaign and logo, and will be vaguely reminiscent of a U-13 rec league team. So many supporters will rush to BigSoccer in order to bash this new piece of crap, that this site will actually crash from the heavy volume.

Sadly, Nike will somehow come to think of this response as "positive," and decide that the US should wear this strip for all World Cup clashes. As the team's biggest sponsor, Nike leans heavily on US Soccer, and gets them to comply.

6. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm hoping for option 3. it is a one time shirt this year and the players will throw all the shirts into sams army and a battle royal insues to grab one

7. forza inter

forza inter Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Middletown, ct
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yo ill be at that game, cant wait to see this

forza inter

8. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

9. Remember1950

Remember1950 New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Sonora
    Yeah I heard about this. Sounds like a one time deal to me. I don't understand why they can't give us a third kit that includes a red shirt and blue shorts. It seems simple. It seems obvious enough that the Sammers are all in red, but Nike and U.S. Soccer seem completely oblivious.

10. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Perhaps this?

[​IMG]

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our USSF should always break out a Red U.S.A. top when we play Costa Rica at home. Thus the Ticos are out of their traditional top and into their Away white.

If you were there for the U.S.A.-Ticos WCQ at Arrowhead in April of '01, where Wolff bagged 2 but was only given credit for 1, Sam's Army was packed as usual in all red. The Ticos supporters were in the upper bowl and in all red. The C.R. NT was playing in their traditional Red/Blue/White look. An of course the normal soccer crowd outside of Sam's Army was in white or something else ya know.

Thus, if Nike is willing to create a solid red 3rd kit for our boys than impliment the use of a red top wisely. As a Texan, I would like to see U.S.A. vs Los Ticos down here in Houston for a WCQ. That way the good guys can wear a Red/Navy/White kit, a la our Texas State Flag, and force the Ticos to not feel so "supported" when both sets of die hards are all in red. Also, other matches in the Southern States could be granted the optional red tops. WQC in Birmingham and Legion Field would be another special place for U.S.A. red. Look at the Alabama State Flag...if you're gonna play there USSF, bring the red top.

12. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    If everyone goes crazy over the new kit, whether its a one time thing or not, Nike rack em up in many stores! We are living in an era of classic/throwback/alternate/special edition jerseys....bet that up! ;)

P.s. Being a jersey fan, cannnnnnnnooooot waayyte!

13. supershark

supershark New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    From Ohio, now Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats not it...i work in a soccer store and we already have this shirt and it is really heavy cotton...i cant imagine nike making them wear something that isnt sphere dry, like the new shirts, that they have been pouring down our throats. it will also be end of may, which my guess is that the temp will be moderate to warm, so heavy cotton will probably be out.

14. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he was referring to the design scheme, not the material.

If that's the basic design, with that shield, I'm buying one, no questions asked.

15. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

sounds like you can go buy that shirt right now whether they wear it or not.

16. wooglin12

wooglin12 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if this is sarcasm wow it is the thickest ive ever heard....

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ???

why would you think he was being sarcastic? I thought he was very helpful. :)

18. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many matches was the retro kit worn for? Its still for sale. So they will prolly keep it out there for awhile.

19. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    The retro kit was nice, but why the 3/4 length sleeve ?

20. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Brother! You are correct sir... the design scheme is exactly what I was referring to. Had we been in need of a rugby shirt for a good scrum, well then... look no further for a finer material.

I love the badge on this shirt and was hoping they would at some point put it on a real jersey. This should be interesting.

I am with you SACHSEN... my money is in the post!!! :D

21. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Because we're not Costa Rica...

22. Remember1950

Remember1950 New Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Sonora

Yeah a red shirt and blue shorts makes our women's team Costa Rica. :rolleyes:

23. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

I love the south. statments like this make me all warm and fuzzy inside. such pride.

24. actionjackson215

actionjackson215 New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    There are actually some rumors going around that the kits that US team is wearing now will not be the kit they wear in Germany. It's possible that the US team will have new uniforms for their 3 send off games, one of which might be this red jersey being spoken about.

25. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    where are these rumors going around?