All of the jerseys - ranked - now you can play along!

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Buzz and I created a survey that asked a select group of people to rank the 29 FC Dallas/Burn jerseys - and the results were posted yesterday - here.

Now you, too, can participate.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5Y666RZ

2. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was really awesome, I had fun doing that. My rankings turned out really similar to the ones if the article with one glaring difference: Take all the jerseys with "wasabi", tie them to big blocks of concrete, and dump in a lake and laugh as they sink to the bottom. I don't understand the wasabi-love. That is an awful color and should never show up on anything anywhere.

ElJefe repped this.
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to feel that way but maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's acquiring a taste for it but I now like those a lot. I fact that white first year jersey is now top 5 for me. I think the wasabi goes better with white or black than red though where a little bit is the way to go. There are a bunch I don't like. A lot are the red and white stripes. Any other color combination would have been better than the peppermint look. I agree with Peter that red and black would be great, while red and navy would be right there with it. The FO deduced people didn't like the stripes but in reality they didn't like the red and white strips especially horizontal with it's where'e Waldo and peppermint connotations. They really missed their chance for an iconic look. Others I don't like are several around the middle years that look like practice jerseys. This year's I'm mixed on. Probably won't know how I really feel until years go by.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My top three:

1. 2001-02 home
    2. 2003-04 home
    3. 1998-99 home

The current home shirt came in around #5 or #6, and I have it as the best of the FC Dallas shirts, mostly because I came to hate the hoops. I ranked the 2005 gray road shirts much higher than the rest of the panel did, and the best of all the road shirts. It was simple, clean, and contrasted well with all the home shirts in the league.

I didn't really get the huge love for the black third jersey from the rest of the panel. It was good and I had it somewhere in the middle of the pack, but it was a black shirt that the Burn wore once at home. Big whoop.

5. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    actually, there is a great origin story about the black jersey from Andy Swift. We will tell it in a future episode of the KickAround.

Pegasus repped this.
  6. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. I now know that my Burn jersey (shown in my avatar too) is a 2003-4. I think I waited until then to buy a jersey because it was the first one without a weird collar.
    My understanding of the "wasabi" was that it was supposed to be like a shade of old gold. I just thought it was odd.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Our best Burn era jersey...

[​IMG]

Our best FCD era jersey...

[​IMG]

8. Tywin Lannister

Tywin Lannister New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always wished they'd used a real pegasus but that black nazgul horse is my second pick. Team fortunes changed when the mascot was switched from that regal horse and rider to a much smaller horse. I don't really like the bull as it isn't original.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We could've had some really cool logo re-dos that included a nice Pegasus...

upload_2018-9-20_14-38-29.png

Pegasus and Tywin Lannister repped this.
  11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. That's great. Also, just love having something unique. Is there any other team that uses a Pegasus as it's mascot / emblem? Cool thing is in Dallas it actually fits. Too bad stupid Nike had to make it rad. Had it been more the ordinary one maybe it would still be here.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's still not an excuse for the Hunts to drop it. Nike made everything over-the-top, counter-culture style when the league launched. We could've kept a great, beautiful, unique symbol of the city and just made it look simple and classy (exchange the fire for wings). Instead we get regurgitated "Texas" stereotypes to try to be a "Texan" team instead of something more local.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think had it not been the fire breathing crazy one it may have become beloved and they wouldn't have dropped it. Who knows? Didn't someone on the internets make a badge with the Bull facing the Pegasus? If not that was a good dream.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I seem to remember that too. I think there's a way to incorporate both in a badge but I think a clean looking, simple badge with a kick-ass looking Pegasus would be the tits.