All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alvaro Benito Was saying that he looks like a completely different player, afraid, full of self doubt and second guessing which creates mistakes.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And after this he recovers the ball on our half then tries to release the ball and sends a pass directly to a Valladolid player. He was simply terrible yesterday.
    I fear he feels under too much pressure playing under Zidane which was not happening with Solari

Stiliyan, S1na, Nathanial Essex and 3 others repped this.
  4. BjornH

BjornH Member

AC Milan
    Norway
    Mar 25, 2019
    Norway
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If Zidane have plans to use James they might send Vini on a loan spell, but it start to get late for that. I`ve a notion Vini won`t get enough minutes when Hazard is back he is left side winger too.

Serengeti_Boy and Modric-87 repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Because he was close to Solari on a personal level, he felt comfortable playing under him, this is why I advocated for Vini to go out on a loan this year and come back when he is more mature not only in regards to the aspects his game lacks but also as a person.
    Zidane’s insistence on playing him out of position isn’t helping as well, he’s setting him to fail, not deliberately but the results are the same.

6. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
  7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is not true. He tried to ignore the question because they asked him about both James and Vini and he elaborated about James but forgot to answer about Vivi so the reporter reminded him and he said “well.. he entered the game, our entire 2nd half was bad so that’s what happened” -
    IMO he was not pleased but was trying to be political with his answer as usual.

natenate101 repped this.
  8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were saying this already last season. No way should we be counting on this kid to be the guy rescuing points game in, game out.

He really needs to develope his game on the right side along with the finishing. He didn't seem so raw, like how is it he can't dribble on the right.

Anyways looks like this is the lineup.

Hazard/Vin --- Benz/Jovic --- Bale/James

Kroos/Isco --- Case/Valv --- Modric/James

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You forgot Lucas

Modric-87 repped this.
  10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will be a sub as that his his best "position." Keeps his seat warm, decent first touch and lots of hustle.

I think even Zidane realizes asking him for even 45 minutes of good football, is asking too much.

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We took them to early from Brazil. In case of Rodrygo i would loan him to Primera side with clause that he must play every match. As for Vin, story is more complicated considering loan could heavily negatively impact his emotional well being considering he was not just part of the squad last season but also actually performed. But then again with Hazard back and James + Bale staying, his minutes will shrink drastically.

Fcked up situation.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He was initially on the left when he first got on, and he switched with Bale when the Jovic sub was made because Zidane wanted Bale on his natural foot to put in crosses for Jovic, which almost converted to a goal right away. He wasn't better on the left, and to be honest, he isn't doing the fundamental things right that are not relevant to the position he plays.

One thing you notice and I'm not sure if this is tactical instructions or just him, but he doesn't move off of the wing. A lot of times, he passes the ball back and just stands there, doesn't bother making a run to open up space for the full back.

Anon., madridista_hr, Stiliyan and 4 others repped this.
  13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’m aware that the position swap isn’t the only reason he’s struggling, what I’m saying is that when you add that on top of every thing else( lack of confidence, eagerness to impress ) it doesn’t help. It’s poor man management on Zidane’s part.

14. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's incredibly bizzare to me having to watch Bale completely disappear on the left and Vinicius struggle badly on the right and Zidane not suggesting they switch sides. As basic as it gets really.

Doni and Eddie repped this.
  15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd argue it's just simply a lack of tactical awareness on his behalf (as that should be basic knowledge for even players on amateur level). He's really a player that is significantly ahead of the curve on the ball, but lacks quite a bit in the off the ball part of the game. Gonna be a difficult but (hopefully) educational season for the kid and I believe he'll succeed in the end, love the kid!

Zidane05 repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t know if Vin “performed” last season, I personally wouldn’t say that, he was a spark in a dead looking team, a slow underwhelming team, he brought some interest, but his issues remained the same, his decision making and his finishing , the fans were anxious for something ,anything, to lift the gloom and he brought that “feeling”, not so much tangible results though,

This season, he is asked to deliver more, we need to win, we need those points right from the start, he’s not getting a chance as a relative unknown halfway through the season this time, more is expected, he has direct competition in his spot as well, maybe too much pressure as people now definitely expect him to at least make some kind of a difference, bring that “spark”, I hope he can get it back, early days yet.

Anon., MiamiNative0722 and temesgen repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Zidane brought on Jovic.

He was simply trying to get Vinicius and Bale to provide service to the middle using their stronger foot. It actually almost paid off early.

Jovic seems limited, so he is going to need heacy service in order to effective.... at least that what it looks like at the moment.

18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinnie needs to be loaned out. With James and Bale staying, his minutes will be limited and he need constant meetings because he has a lot to improve.
    the technical ability is there, but the location awareness, off ball movement and finish are not a real madrid level.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think Bale disappeared on the left, far from it. He was involved, but his role changed.

I don't where Vinicius is playing matters right now. He needs to get his head straight, get that joy back in his game, and stop over thinking on the ball.

HZinho and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't watch the game, but guys you should just chill a bit. It is only 2 games into the season and the kid is fighting against higher expectations based on his superb performances last year.
    He will get over this either with a great game or when the expectations lower by such performances and he starts to play his game. I believe it will be the former and I am sure that we will need him a lot this season.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly

22. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Many players in North American sports drop their form in the second year. It is called "sophomore slump". It isn't his second year in professional soccer, but you know what I am saying, right?

CivilProtection and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    he is game start to annoying me, He must prove himself and learn to pass and not to dribble all the time, hope that Rodrygo is better.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    If he is in a sophomore slump he should not be the go to guy by Zidane to try and fix a tie game. Imagine the pressure..granted he handled this superbly under Solari when he first entered the pitch to replace Asensio.

The first sub should have been Jovic.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1168843192051130368 is not a valid tweet id

-Reivax- and MiamiNative0722 repped this.