All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Was watching some highlights of his this season and couldn't help but cringe at his end product at times. Truly needs to work on that.

I actually don't fear for Vini's development under ZZ as others. Sure he played more minutes this season compared to what he'll probably get next year. But people need to stop thinking Isco/Asensio/Vasquez are going to retain their golden status or even be here next season with Hazard coming and Jovic possibly coming. We need to make sales to finance the changes we'll make this summer regardless of what those guys say about staying.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can't force a player to leave the club. If they want to stay, they'll stay.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Hopefully Zidane pulls a Solari and leaves those guys off the roster so they get the message, like he did with Bale.

4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you think it helped with Bale? do you see him asking for a transfer? or any club making offers for him?

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Its a little late for that now that the seasons over and either way Zidane already did this with Ceballos, Llorente, Reguillon. Totally cold blooded.

If we have to start next season with Zidane benching players to force them out end of year, then we will be in for a long ride and lots of trouble.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    That is the only thing a club/manager can do to force a player out.
    I believe there is nothing more there.. if players are under contract they cannot be forced to leave..
    The idea, as Zidane has said several times, is that these players are professionals and should seek to play somewhere else because that is what they do, play, and not sit on the bench.
    If all they want is a paycheck then we will have to pay until their contract expires and for the coach to not rely on them anymore costing us unnecessary expenses.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He’ll have to because of overbooking with Hazard + another top forward coming onboard ..

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes but that might mean Vinicius and Rodrygo have to go find a new club because there's a huge chance that Zidane goes with what he knows (Lucas, Asensio, Asensio) and Zidane is not going to feel pressured by an over booking he will totally bench the superior player (See James, Bale).

9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Asensio played nearly 3k minutes in Zizu`s last season while having CR7, Bale and Benzema.

4x4s repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Asensio is already talking about next season on social media and interviews.

With our current roster + Hazard I think Zidane will start Asensio or Lucas Vazquez along with Benzema and Hazard.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you're asking me, Bale might consider looking at his offers, finding nothing that pleases him and simply sticking around.

If the team does well without him, he can always leave mid season like other disgraced players have, especially with other teams that are potentially having a bad season looking at him as a "right now" solution, but if the team does bad, there's always the chance of a managerial change and a change of fortune for him.

Florentino sounded extremely careful with his use of words about Bale so that situation is very much in development.

12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Well Bale its more about his wages being too big. Isco and Asensio wont really have a problem getting similar wages elsewhere

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Depending on what happens with Jović, i would bet on Zidane pulling out Hazard - Benzema - Asensio. Not exactly thrilled by that.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Radio Marca had a segment and former Real Madrid youth coach (the one we sacked after his negative comments about the club) said there's no way Zidane will play with two strikers (Benzema - Jovic). It's going to be an attacking trio with Hazard, Benzema and another player. Also a lot of talk of Benzema drifting wide to the left and Hazard occupying space directly in front of goal.

For me we need another player for the right flank, possibly around mid 20s,experienced and solid overall.

15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Hazard as a false 9 makes sense depending on the game.

16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    So we will have pseudo striker playing as a winger, while winger as false 9. While still having zero presence in final third - specifically box. Funky times ahead.

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You do understand that "if" we sign Jovic (or any other #9), Zidane will absolutely destroy their career to preserve Benzema's.

The guys who left or never came already knew this (Higuain, Mbappe, Aubameyang, etc.).

I mean you can't even come here willing to be a backup because the minute you play well and put a little pressure on Benzema, you will have made an enemy with the coach.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Higuain never played for Zidane, Mbappe's issue was Bale, and Auba... he was begging to join.

Serengeti_Boy, Varnagel and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously that was a stupid post.

Kroosinator and Prit Javier repped this.
  20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Except Zidane wanted another forward - Mbappe in 2017 already, when he had CR7, Benzema and Bale in squad. Two years later, there is no CR7 and Bale is leaving this club. We need a forward - striker.

p.s: The issue of Mbappe was not Benzema. As for Higuain, i would say that bigger issue than Benzema was CR7. As for Auba, club probably deemed him not to be such added value and decided not to pursue it.

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This issue has been the same since Higuain left. No adequate backup and that has cost us ligas (except 2017 when surprise Morata was coming off the bench in the form of his life).

But Zidane would rather lose with Benzema than win with anyone else. It is what it is.

22. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are people assuming he's going to come off the bench next season? I guess my first instinct was that Hazard would play the left and Vin on the right. If we're starting with Asensio or Vazquez simply because they're left footed, I'd be pretty floored. Although, Zidane has been known to be stubborn with certain players he doesn't think fit (James, Morata etc).

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Right now I don't know what Zizou is going to do with the right wing. Maybe he doesn't even know yet.

I am leaning towards thinking that Vin is going to hit the bench.

Lyra repped this.
  24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Zidane wanted another forward in 2017/18 already. Kinda defeats your whole rhetoric. Don`t ya think?

Or do you really believe that we will go into a season with: Hazard, Benzema, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Asensio and Lucas?

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think he will start Jovic, Benz and Hazard if we get those two signings. Someone made parallels with France lineup of Grioud, Griez and Mbappe. Or could be like his own 2016-17 4-4-2 with Jovic replacing Ron and Hazard replacing Isco.

Prit Javier repped this.