All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Shut him down for the season.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The kid wants to play, desires to make his NT squad and is motivated and you think the answer is to kill his motivation by sitting him indefinitely?

No way that backfires.

If you want him to lose confidence you will keep him from playing.

Anders2555 repped this.
  3. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he's fully recovered why hold him back? It's not like we have crucial games coming back, or amazing players he will have to start over

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No to rushing him back.

If he's fully recovered, then yes to helping him get into the national team for Copa America.

gladiator guti repped this.
  5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he'll have plenty of time next season on the bench to rest. he should want to play so Zidane will see first hand what he can and what he can not do.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite keeps saying he wants to see him play before deciding to pick him for Copa America. ZZ is saying he needs more time.

8. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That Tite needs to watch him play more to decide if he takes him to the Copa, says enough about him as a coach.

PigBenis, madridista_hr, Ssr9 and 5 others repped this.
  9. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea his insistence has been weird but there are also rumors that Nike and the Brazilian FA have already decided Vini is gonna be the face of Brazil team during the tournament. Marca said the FA already told Real they'll be taking him.

10. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Again no Vini in the squad for tonights game..

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If he's ready he should at least be getting substitute minutes to build his confidence again.

12. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Yeah man. He trains for more than a week now and they said he already was ready against Bilbao but I don’t know. Hopefully he’ll play the last 3 matches so he’ll get a Brazil call up.

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Zidane said he wasn’t ready and that he didn’t want to risk him.

ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  14. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Ah okay. Then I missed it, indeed better not to rush him if he’s not ready.

Drouchk repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yea he also said that we’ll see in regards to next game so I think that’s when we’re likely going to see him.
    I want to see a line up with Vini and Brahim from then to the end of the season.

Halycon, YOUNGSTARS87 and ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  16. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Damn that would be nice. Something different than Bale/Asensio or Vazquez.

Drouchk repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yep once I got a taste of wingers that can take the ball and run at people with it successfully I never want to go back:D I forgot what that felt like.

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not ready for what. Isco and Marcelo were clearly not ready to do anything that involved running and he had no quarrels with putting them on the field.

We don't need to win any of these games. While not an ideal situation overall, this is a tremendous opportunity to give young players starved for minutes a chance to grow their game on the field.

What does Zidane do instead - he doubles down protecting "his" guys and excommunicated any player who dared even challenge for a place in the team at the expense of "his" guys.

19. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think that Zidane's plan has always been to return Vini at the Bernabeu, it would be away easier for him thus returning from injury in home with support from the crowd

20. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    he means not fully fit.

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we are not competing for anything and Marcelo and Isco were "allowed" to play themselves into shape (although I'm not sure they have even been able to do that with the generous playing time they were provided).

It is extremely rare that by March the team has nothing left to play for but the club has missed a huge opportunity by not using these matches to get the less experienced players onto the field.

In short the club has now failed at failing.

22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    According to Zizou himself, Vinicius is ready to play, which means you can expect to see him tomorrow. It feels like ages since we last saw him.

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope to see him too but with ZZ you just never know what’s going to happen right now

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He said this about the kid "Vinicius is very good and he is important in this team, especially for the future, he deserves to be here, he has been injured and we have to be calm".

So I don’t think there is a reason to be pessimistic about this. Zizou played Achraf and Vallejo in crucial CL games in the past indicating he ain’t afraid to use the youth provided they deliver.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    When Zidane plays Vinicius it will be another terrible narrative which dies like how Zidane hates Brahim, doesn't play youngsters, doesn't rotate, etc etc.

Deep Pal, HZinho and Drouchk repped this.