All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Neymar will be 30? He also happens to be very injury prone so I don’t know, currently he is the 3rd best after Messi and CR but I don’t see him maintaining that position 2 years from now.
    As for Mbappe, it is a possibility, a big one of course but personally I think Vini is more talented and once he is more polished he’ll be the better of the two. The kid is already unplayable while he is this raw, imagine what hell do with a little more experience?

The issue here is that I think he has much bigger potential than you do, I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say hell be the best once his finishing is polished, we’ll have to wait and see; for both of our sake I hope i’m right.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Neymar will be 28 when Vin is 20. As for Mbappe, he is amazing talent who already produces on top level for years now - and he is 20 at the moment.

We don`t disagree in terms of potential. I think Vin has Ballon d Or capacity. We disagree in terms of when he will hit that. I would say more towards mid twenties rather than in matter of two years. But if he does already in two years, that would be amazing.

Eddie repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Neymar is only 26? I thought he was older for some reason.

Anyways hopefully 2 years from now both Mbappe and Vinicius will be wearing our colors then it wouldn’t matter which of the two is better. ;)

4. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Called for Brazil Squad

Deep Pal, S1na, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Training with Neymar should be very beneficial to him.

Edit- nvm, Neymar won’t be there.

6. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, Richarlyson and Firmino are there too for help him with his shootings.

I was going to talk about G.Jesus too, but...Nah, haha

Drouchk repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yea Jesus needs to work on his own shooting lol.

S1na and Anders2555 repped this.
  8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jesus is miles ahead of VJ with respect to shooting abilities. What's wrong with it

9. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gabriel Jesus is absolutely hated on Brazil after Word Cup, and me is not a exception, haha

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guardiola has chosen him ahead of Kun at times for City.

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No goal scoring instinct. Despite being the best performer of the team, he'd end up being new Robinho if he doesn't improve shooting abilities

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is exactly what i was afraid of when he wasn't playing. That he'll eventually play, and despite being a kid with about 7 months in Europe, if he wouldn't be perfect, people would pretty much quit on him or feel like that's all he offers.

At the moment our game plan is pass it to Vinicius and hope he can do something. The last time any of this was happening in Madrid with a player this young was with Raul.

Serengeti_Boy, 2Magia2, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    His short comings with shooting wouldn't be so bad if we had a goal scorer in the team.

He also does not play as a goal scorer either. A lot of the time he puts himself out wide and is happy to stay there. On counters he will bust a gut to get forward but I seldom see him running in the box off the ball.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, shows maturity and a team spirit, but it would be nice to have him be more selfish in certain situation. Especially when the ball is on the other side of the field, I would love to see him making more runs into the box.

He just needs to be coached on his shooting.Hopefully it is something he will improve on for next season as I want to see this guy continue to start.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good comparison.

Raul's first game, he missed many sitters.

Raul in his first season had 10 goals in 30 apps (which wasn't that bad at that time for a 17 yo). I think Vinicius can reach that by the end of the season.

temesgen and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Vinicius is much tougher mentally than Robinho was, he is driven and determined to be the best even at 18, there is about zero chance he ends up like Robinho.

Btw Robinho was great at finishing.

16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, those are some terrible misses lol. If Raul was starting for us now he would've been booed off of Earth.

Eddie, 4x4s, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Higuain probably has a similar reel too. Finishing comes last, it is less about shot placement and more about slowing the game down, realizing how much time you have to make a decision, and being comfortable on the pitch.

Eddie, 4x4s, madridista_hr and 1 other person repped this.
  18. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Get Ruud in to give him the old “ketchup” chat.

19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Thank god for high definition.

Eddie and temesgen repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    These videos are ridiculously compressed. If you would watch football on a good CRT set at regular resolution, and then in HD on a low budget standard screen, you would really miss out on anything.

21. Anders2555

Anders2555 Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Aug 23, 2018
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

I insist, in exactly 1613 minutes completede as a profissional player, Vinícius has 3 more goals than Neymar and Gabriel Jesus in same moment, also, him make less shots for score these goals and has a higher porcentage of sucess in his shootings attempts.

And leave us as the scoring leader of team in 2018, 10 goals and 5 assists in only 5 months, and, in 2018 he scoring 16 goals in total (accounting Flamengo + Castilha + Real Madrid) he know how make goals, i believe he still not totaly confortável in this new role, he'll be fine, It's a matter of time for him to find his scoring instinct again

-Reivax-, YOUNGSTARS87 and Drouchk repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

In this video the difference between us and Barca is made apparent, Look at how many bodies they had in the box when we attacked, almost every shot we've taken was blocked by one of their defenders, they built a wall in front of Ter Segen in contrast we usually had 3 people going against 3 of their forwards while our midfielders stroll back casually lol.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I have stated this multiple times to no avail.

Those who love narratives will continue to follow the hot take ones.

Anders2555 repped this.
  24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    madridista_hr, Anders2555 and Drouchk repped this.
  25. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Missed a golden opportunity against Ajax until he got subbed out in 35th minute.

Vinicius seriously needs to improve his finishing.

Only 3 goals after taking 75 shots in 26 games...