All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well I just do not understand your reasoning on why you find it fun.

Yes, the transfer is a big gamble in my opinion, I agree. But, I am willing to trust the management who have recently brought us Asensio, Vallejo, Varane and Casemiro amongst others.

And I hope he makes it. Despite claiming you care now, just a minute ago you were finding it fun to see him fail.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #102 Saeta Rubia, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    I don't remember anyone touted to be the best Brazilian talent of his generation playing in Spanish lower division tbh. Before, they used to go to Ukraine, Russia or Turkey if they didn't live upto expectations and now there's the option of China for crazy fees. Vinicius is showing flashes against professionals at the age of 16. And has good physique for his age. He could end up being 5"11-6 ft by the time he's 18.

Zidane05, J-Mezzy, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  3. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Based on clips i have seen, he is raw as it gets - which is normal for 16 year old. At this point this is gamble.

4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I am not too optimistic here simply because our club does not have a good history with Brazilian attackers.
    I know is silly but that is how I feel, for x or y reason it just does not work for us or has not in the past.

manofsteel repped this.
  5. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Being the best Brazilian of his generation based on what? YouTube clips of him dribbling past U16 players?

6. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    People like you are going to shit all over it already. Same with Odegaard. Some posters just want to keep reminding us that he is bound to fail. Give them chance. If they do make it then there was no need for your negativity. If they don't make it, you will come out saying "see everyone, I was right I knew they were useless", which nobody will respect anyway.

I understand not being a fan of the money spent, but you won't get much support here sitting there willing him to fail.

7. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    My whole point is that our academy produces a lot of talent nowadays, yet we keep overspending on youngsters. Well, as you pointed Odegaard as an example, he joined us at the age of around 15(?) and we offered him a huge contract. This season he played some games for this Dutch team and he was, let's say, average, considering our expectations of him. I don't say he won't improve, as he is still young, but I wouldn't call someone as a "negativity spreader" if he points out the obvious.

Same goes for Vincius, I have nothing against the guy himself. I'm just against spending more money on someone who has barely played professionally, than many of our squad members cost in the transfer market.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Odegaard cost as much as Casemiro who was an unusual signing. Mariano Diaz has a huge contract despite only having 3rd division experience at 23. Club will have different strategy based on talent.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember people complaining about Casemiro at Castila saying he'd stop Jose Rordiguez progression. Fast forward Casemiro is one of the best DMs while Jose is hardly a first division player. One or two academy players out of hundreds pan out. Club also invest in them since childhood. Only foriegn signings get scrutinized. But many of them end up playing in first division like William Jose. Diaz, Fed looks promising at least to be first division players. Vinicius is the only exception in terms of cost rest are low risk signings. Kind that is worth it for one Casemiro.

10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You weren't pointing out anything obvious. You keep going back to try and change what your original point was.

Also, I for one am happy that the club is out there scouting for the brightest young talent. We can't just sit here hoping that the next generation of world class players are all born in Madrid and end up in our academy.

11. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard cost peanuts, €3M I believe (although his salary is significant for castilla). The whole footballing world was after him, just like they were all after Vinicius. Odegaard's struggles aren't an indication that he was a bad signing, but rather poorly managed. He trained with the first team but played with Castilla which brought squad harmony issues and he didn't really click with him team-mates. Not to mention being in a foreign country at 16 without speaking the language is difficult. He can still pan out, but the way we're handling Vinicius is much better IMO. Leave him at home, let him develop like he would have without signing for Madrid and bring him when he's ready. Wish we'd just left Odegaard in Norway.

J-Mezzy, S1na, Mimadridsta and 4 others repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Odegaard's main issue was his dad. He insisted the player trained with first team before agreeing the deal. He also wanted a job in our academy. I hope he can turn it around in Holland.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Do you know what "fun" means?

J-Mezzy, Mimadridsta, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  14. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Yup. For example, we are making "fun" of Barcelona for spending around 65-70 million for Paco and Andre Gomes. I'm afraid this is going to happen to us soon if we keep overspending on kids. :)

15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    They are Barca's players ,not ours .

Why would you be bothered about what other people have to say, clearly all are a level or two below us .

We over here are a bunch of overly optimistic supremely positive people,hence we were able to go through the dark ages of being knocked out in the R16 every year , six times in a row , being the butt of jokes , being ridiculed by fans of all the other clubs , and look where we are today :)

We just won the twelfth, liga as well and all you could think of was to shit on a 16 year old kid , hoping for him to fail ?

Don't try to become a Jeremy ( unless u are ) , you will find everything difficult otherwise .

Not being preachy or scornful, just passing on things which will help your stay over here a memorable one.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I apologize if I sounded ultra-negative then, I didn't mean it in that way. Just trying to express my opinion on the topic. Tbh I wasn't really bothered at first to post on this thread, but as I saw people being actually happy because our new 45 million signing hit the crossbar for the first time on his pro career, I was like "c'mon men.. we are better than that". Anyways, I am waiting to see his progress and I hope he proves me and every doubter completely wrong.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    That was an audacious chip btw.

All the clubs were willing to pay that kinda money, now that we have gambled, we can only hope him to become a good to a great player.

The way the market has been inflating,I guess, even in a worst case scenario, we will be able to recoup that money in 2018.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Do you know what the difference is between "making fun" and "fun"?

Doesn't look like it

19. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    BTW who is Jeremy?

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Yup.... His original point was that he takes pleasure in our team's failures.

Noted.

This point is lost on people who use his signing as some sort of evidence of us throwing money around. His salary is high FOR CASTILLA. Its not like this deal is bleeding the club dry or that its some monumental bust from which we won't recover. Both are utterly false.

xRamos4 and AriGold repped this.
  21. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Our teams failures would be losing the final two games of this season for example. I would be dissapointed, but never one of these guys "Ronaldo out he is shit and old"/ "Zidane is shit Carlo was better" etc etc.

If you count the development of one player as a "team failure", you clearly can't understand what "y Nada mas" means for us...

22. manofsteel

manofsteel Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 9, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Dude go find some gf instead of counting every word someone posts. Seriously.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Yup.. I'm the one who doesn't understand. Ok.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You think it's impossible to have a female partner and post on a forum simultaneously?

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deals like these (players age 16) should be kept quiet by everyone until the club/player are comfortable to announce it or they reach a certain age. Too much pressure on the player with media attention and already people are looking at everything he does.