All I Do Is Vin Vin Vin - The Vinicius Jr. Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by RM or None, May 23, 2017.

1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Uncle Flo got his revenge by driving up Andre Gomes fee. :D And he's complete shit.

2. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have no idea how to pronounce his name, so I'll just call him VICIOUS!

3. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Not sure what you mean?

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barca wanted Danilo as Alves replacement. We signed him.

9Qui repped this.
  5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Exactly. It's obviously a bad way to conduct transfers.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane05 repped this.
  7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda puzzling but I hope it all works out.

RMSocrates, 4x4s, Eddie and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Random thoughts:
    -- Pele also made his professional debut at 15. He was the league;'s top scorer at 16. he won his first WC before he turned 18
    -- Maradona also made his professional debut at 15. He was making TV appearance for his skills since he was 12.
    -- Raul was 17 when he made his debut with us.
    -- Nuri Sahin also made his professional debut at 16. We know what happened to him.
    -- Ronaldo was 16 when he was with Brazil at USA 1994.
    -- Ronaldinho made his debut with the NT at age 16.
    -- Lamptey was tearing up the Belgian league at 16. He was still very good at 20 with PSV.
    -- We know what happened to Freddy Adu.
    -- Lee Sharoe made his debut at 17 for Man Utd in 1988, He became a star. By 1990, Giggs also made his debut also at 17 and would push Sharpe out of the lineup eventually.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Vinicius' agent: He chose Real Madrid for their project

"Barcelona offered more money than Madrid, the player would've earned more"

"But we arrived at an agreement with Madrid because the player preferred their project more. Some people believe that he chose Madrid for money, but they are wrong.

"Vinicius only concentrated on the sporting aspect and Real Madrid's position in the negotiations was better in that regard."

The agent, speaking to Golboesport, said that Madrid's recent signings were a factor in the 16-year-old's decision.

"Varane, Ramos, Casemiro, Asensio, Marcelo," he said. "They all arrived before the age of 22 and they're all very important players in the first team now. Barcelona sign players who already know the team plays, except in Neymar's case, so it is more difficult as can be seen with Arda."

On Vinicius playing for Los Blancos next season, the agent said: "Madrid can sign players like Mbapee. We've got to see the player's development this year and what Madrid will need next summer. Then we'll know when he goes there.

"Vinicius will go to Madrid with his whole family. Such a young lad will need to be surrounded by his own."

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/05/25/5927231422601d8a4e8b45d5.html

He has few other clubs were willing to match our offer too. Explain's why Pep is so butthurt.

[​IMG]

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  11. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    We needed a RB and he was easily the best RB available at the time, or are we changing history now? Beating Barca to his signature was just an added bonus.

This transfer in question is completely different, we signed him not just because of his talent, but to make sure Barcelona doesn't get the next Neymar as well. We don't have any need for a player that plays his position.

12. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius, Odegaard, Asensio, Ceballos, Mbappé, Theo, Jesus Vallejo, Hakimi, Marcos Llorente, Valverde and Kovacic.

Crazy.

Shay Z and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hopefully Mbappe soon. There is a clear change in policy by buying best young players early. We were in for G. Jesus and Isak too.

14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #65 saadomar, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    I don't know if it's worth it to complain about Danilo. He came in for Carvajal in the CL final, which we won. He came in for Carvajal when he was injured in the worst time possible in La Liga, and Danilo did a serviceable job. In neither of those cases was he responsible for any bad losses. So as much as I drum up Danilo being way worse than Carvajal (which he is), I don't complain when he does come in to do a good enough job to save our hides. Sure, Nacho might have done the job as well, but it never hurts to have a full back who can slot into both flanks and simultaneously is a big F U signing to Barcelona.

We complain about Coentrao being way worse than Marcelo, but we forget than in La Decima run, Carlo trusted him to protect our left flank against Bayern. And for the most part he kept his end o the deal. Even this season when we played him against minnows, he gave us no reason to complain. He's not cooking up a storm and admits he will be replaced freely, so it's hard to complain about these guys.

As much as we whine about how Coentrao and Danilo are both way under the level of what Real Madrid requires from it's players, we're forgetting they're our Backups. And they've both been pretty professional about where their standing is within the team. Theo Hernandez is coming in for Coentrao, and I'm sure Danilo can be replaced by Nacho should we deem his performances unacceptable. But for now, they're both adequate.

Real Madrid has money. Florentino likes to splash the cash. I'm past complaining about transfer prices anymore. The amount of inflation in it will eventually bubble and cause some ludicrous business deals (which is happening already). But that's the way it is now thanks to insane TV deals, Sponsorship and Tycoon money. Most of us thought Kaka was a fantastic deal when we got him even at his price point. Look how that turned out. These things will happen.

Anon. repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody can deny that Vinicius Jr.'s price that RM paid is pretty much an overreaction to losing out Neymar to Barcelona. It's hard to tell if we're wrong about this yet, but time will tell. With High Risk comes high reward. Hopefully we luck out on this. Pep is certainly salty about our acquisition. He swooped in for Gabriel Jesus too, and that probably pissed off Florentino even more.

Let's also keep in mind that we're moving on James Rodriguez, who we thought would've been a big draw for the South American crowd. We're looking to replace him now, and I guess Florentino threw his chips in with a 16 year old. I guess since he helps make the money, he can choose how to spend it.

My personal take: I hate spending big on unproven talent. I take no pleasure in seeing the crazy Mbappe prices and Vinicius Jr Pricing. We got James when he was a World cup golden boot winner. Neither of those two players did anything close to what James did. Yet we're spending disproportionate amounts of money because we're desperate to keep this team loaded with young talent.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I've never seen him play and i don't know much about him. It seems like he's way to young for such an amount of money, let's hope it works out. I have to be realistic and think that there's so many things that can go wrong in his development.

Mimadridsta, RMSocrates, Halycon and 2 others repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It certainly can. High risk, high reward. And at this pt we dont even know the full scope of the potential reward.

Usually agents could lie about stuff like this but they say Barca offered more for him but RM merely met his release clause. The selling party favored it because it keeps him in Brazil for another 2 yrs so they're getting their money up front. Whereas Vinicius Jr prefers it because he likes our "Project" of working with young talents these days more.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    TBH i have a hard time seeing their party reject more money for the project. It's just cliche talk after signing with a club. The same thing was said about Neymar when he "chose Farca" over us and then it turned out Florentino didn't sign him because he said Neymar would be too expensive.

RMSocrates, Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sure he said all that just to cover his butt. But in reality, he probably would've went the extra mile to sign the more refined product had it not gotten so murky. With Sandro and co. going all out cartel level dealing on purchasing Neymar. There's a limit to how much Florentino is willing to spend, but generally his threshold is pretty high. It's likely they're saying all that merely to kiss up. It's the way things are done these days.

"X team would've paid me more, but I went to Y team because it suits me.". When in reality it's all about the cash money $$$.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not even thinking about him until he puts on a Real Madrid shirt. It's a weird deal, but with players like Griezmann soon to be worth 120 mil. or so, clubs that look into spending less will look into spending more clever and make risky moves. I said a while ago that the i don't see us having these kind of summers where we sign multiple superstars in one summer.

I'm quite sure of that.

Mimadridsta, Anon., Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    We are not changing history, you are. We had a canterano performing and we bought the most expensive player ever in a final contract year, a defender even at that, to demote him. We overpayed heavily for Danilo to prevent him from taking over from Alves in Barcelona.

Even though he doesn't look that way, Danilo was bought as a first team player to contribute immediately. Of course the Vinicius deal is different.

I hope this desperate Hail Mary pays off. I already have massive expectations for him. :)

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It won't make or break the club either way. Sure, the transfer costs a ton of money, but i'm sure the wages are a joke for now. If we pay 20 mil. for a player that doesn't work out at all an pay him 5 mil. a year, after 2 seasons we are pretty much at the same point that we would be with this kid before he even plays a game for us.

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    That you can waste money in other ways is a weird way of justifying wasting money in this way.

Halycon repped this.
  24. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    High risk, high reward deal. Let's hope this works out.

Good luck Vinicius!

Mimadridsta, RMSocrates, raven3k and 2 others repped this.