All CONCACAF team

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bmo180, Oct 10, 2012.

1. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    It doesn't say whether or not there was an option, I give you a bunch of links saying there was, a bunch of people wouldn't just say that for no reason, and Tottenham has been looking to sell him forever so its not that hard to believe.

Again I didnt say "HUGE" lol. He was one of their best players, they tried to buy him in 2010 but MLS does not let go of players easy, and Landon is happy in LA. Unlike Galatasary w/ Gio in freaking Turkey, Everton wanted to buy Landon after what he did for them

2. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    It's the same article quoted by different outleta who don't provide sources.

I gave you links straight from Tottenham's website.

As far as Tottenham wanting to get rid of Gio, again, if they wanted to get rid of him as early as spring off 2009, they would've included options to buy with his loans.

Gio didn't want to transfer to Gala and it didn't matter since there was no option to buy anyway. He was only there to get game time and be ready for the WC. This was also a reason why Levy didn't include an option to buy with the Gala loan since they wanted to make more money off his sale after the WC.

He certainly was one of Everton's best players when he was there on loan, I watched a bunch of his games.

Watching you roll in the mud trying to explain why Everton didn't buy him is funny since they could've easily bought him if they truly were interested in him.

"he loves LA"
    "MLS doesn't let go of players easily"
    "meehhhh"

LOL @ this guy......unbelievable

Talisman repped this.
  3. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    so you watch him play and you dont think they wanted to keep him? They tried to buy him LA asked for too much, they bring him back on loan again, they obviously like him. Everyone who knows anything about MLS knows how stingy they are with selling star players to Europe..He started almost every game he was there for and Moyes loves him. this argument is pointless since you are such a blind homer. Gio has had a bad club career, get over it. You say he proved himself because of 1 good short stint in La Liga, while Donovan hasn't proven himself with more games in EPL, where Gio failed. lol whats the point of talking to someone so biased

4. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    LOL you really have a problem with reading comprehension.

The reason Everton didn't buy Donovan is because they knew the EPL season lasts 9 months not seven weeks and he simply wasn't worth the risk. You can sugarcoat it however you want or trip all over yourself looking for excuses.

A guy who failed at Leverkusen and Bayern Munich isn't worth whatever MLS thought they could get for him.

It's the same reason Sevilla didn't want to fork out the money for Gio, they just weren't sure if he could produce long term which is why they offered Spurs a loan deal with an option to buy.

Just so you understand the facts, Gio scored more goals in ONE game than Donovan did through his two loans stints at Everton and his time in Germany.

Oh yeah.....Gio is also seven years younger than Donovan.

Keep drinking the koolaide

Talisman repped this.
  5. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    No I think you are just butthurt that you cant read, you've already proven you are the king of incomprehension. Im not tripping over excuses, Im stating facts you moron.

O rly? do you work for Everton or something? Cause there is nothing to back that up, but a bunch of quotes about how they loved Donovan and tried to buy him but couldn't afford him. Sounds like YOU sugarcoating and tripping over excuses why Donovan is not as good as Gio. yeah Im sure they dont want the guy who walked into their starting lineup, was one of their best players, and that they brought back again :D

LOL you are hopeless, keep living on 3 goals that Gio scored 5 years ago :ROFLMAO:

Again you say I cant comprehend but you keep bringing up age and goals 5 years ago when I am talking about who is better right now hahahaha GTFO of here

6. El_Tri89

El_Tri89 Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Earth
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is painful to read.... Landan had a good stint in Everton. Gio hasn't played too great in recent years for his clubs, and really has only his self to blame for it. In international level however Giovani has been great and is only getting better now under Chepo. Landan has had a great international career as well. Who would I take now? I would take Gio. Seeing both Gio and Landan play at the international level, they are both great but Gio just has raw talent and great dribbling skills, not to mention some of his goals have just been things of beauty.
    However that is just my opinion, not to take anything away from Landan as he deserves major props for propelling the U.S forward.

7. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan is a very good player, he has the highest soccer IQ of any US player. He see's things other American players cannot, but he's lost some pace and has peaked. This isn't a knock, just the natural life cycle of a player, age, wear.

Gio is younger and has struggled to find consistency in his club career.The talent is there, you can see it when he plays for Mexico. A stable club situation will benefit him and Mexico.

...In my defense and BrianInVA repped this.
  8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** what you all say (specially the 2 trolls arguing against each other) but Dos Santos and Donovan do step it up when they put their National shirts on, so they would make my list regardless of club form.

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnson or Salcido at Left back IMO (I know Salcido plays CDM now but still). If not then there is that kid from Honduras Izzaguirre I believe is his name.

RB is a big ?????? for sure.

I guess we could move Johnson to RB, then Salcido or Izzagirre as a LB.

Howard by far the #1 GK hard to argue against him (some people may say big games or something).

Hard to argue against the Moreno-Maza combo, maybe people could make a case for Felipe Baloy. It would be nice to have a guy with a little more speed, but finding the skill/speed/size combo is hard.

CMD - I guess it depends if you want 1 or 2. It seems that 2 is normal so Bradley is the obvious choice for 1 spot, I guess that the other spot is up for grabs, I used to like Wilson Palacios, but he is injured very often, so I personally do not have a clear #2 CDM.

RM/RWM, I like both Donovan and Dos Santos here, I guess I would give 45 minutes each.

LM/LWM, I guess if you want to go all out attack you go Vela or Ruiz, but I would put Guardado here. (or I can go home team hommer and pick Marco Pappa former Chicago FIRE :p ).

CAM/ 2nd striker. I think this is clear with Dempsey (at least last year Dempsey).

ST - well last year this was clear and Chicharo was #1, now is harder, I guess going by current concacaf elimination Pescadito Ruiz. I guess it depends, do we want a pure Finisher, if so then Hernandez, if we want a big target then Altidore or Jones. (both of them do not do well when they play for their NTs).

So I guess for me.

----------------------Howard
    Johnson - Maza- Moreno (or Baloy) - Salcido (or Izaguirre)
    -----------Bradley--------????-----------------
    Dos Santos (or Donovan)-----------------Guardado
    ----------Dempsey---------
    ------------------?????------------------

with Inform Palacios and in form Hernandez as 1st options for the question marks.

10. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    actually could do this:

----------------------Howard-------------------
    Cherundolo------Maza-----Moreno------Fabian
    ------------------------Bradley--------------------
    Donovan--------------Gio----------------Guardado
    --------------Chicharito----Dempsey----------------

Bradleys not really a 6 but this works in all the best players imo

11. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I like it.

It would be fun to see how this team would stack against an AFC or CAF all star team.

12. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ----------------------Howard-----------------------
    Cherundolo------Maza-----Moreno------Izaguirre
    ------------------------Bradley----------------------
    Gio------------------Vela-----------------Guardado
    --------------Chicharito----Dempsey---------------

13. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It ain´t even close between the 2 of them right now, but whatevs

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit I had Gio starting/spliting with LD when he was riding bench at Totenham, so I grade them more for what they do with the National teams more than what they do (or not do) at the club level.

15. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So now that he is going to become an important player at Mallorca with some gold around his neck...........;):)

16. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd switch Peralta for Hernandez. and your ??? could be a nice fit for Chaton Enriquez or Herrera. Other than that, book it

17. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about Chaton Enriquez.

18. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    [-------------------------Howard-----------------------
    Cherundolo------Nosworthy-----Mariappa-----Izaguirre
    Gio------------------Vela----------------Mcanuff
    --------------Chicharito----Dempsey---------------

"Things dun change"

19. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    -------------------------Howard-----------------------
    ???--------H. Moreno-----Maza--------Guardado
    --C. Vela------------------G2saints----------------Dempsey
    --------------El King de England---Chicharito---------------

20. B2TO

B2TO Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Dallas / Monterrey
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    -------------------------Corona-----------------------
    Cherundolo---H. Moreno---F. Baloy---Torres Nilo
    ------------------Bradley---Zavala-------------------
    --G. Dos Santos-------Dempsey-----------Guardado
    -----------------------O. Peralta--------------------

MetroChile repped this.
  21. bmo180

bmo180 Member+

Jan 25, 2012
    -----------------Howard--------------
    Dolo-------Moreno----Maza---Fabian
    --------------Bradley-------------------
    --------------Dempsey/Vela-----------
    Gio---------Chicharito-------Guardado

too many attacking players but hard to leave out any of them

22. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Let's reignite this thread :)

23. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Member+

Jun 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    --------------dempsey----chicharito------------
    campbell---------guardado---------dos santos
    ----------------------bradley-----------------------
    layun---gonzalez(L.A.)---brooks----johnson
    -----------------------guzan------------------------

24. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    After his WC and his last two years in Spain, I cannot see putting anybody ahead of Navas in goal.

25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Memo Ochoa and/or Tim Howard though.