Alfredo Morelos - Rangers F.C

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    gol y asistencia de Morelos hoy contra Dundee, con esto ya lleva 28 goles y 13 asistencias en todos los torneos.

Azucarero repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ALGO NO NORMAL independeiente de la liga...sea extranjeros o locales.

ryu79 and kromekote repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    On Fire.
    Was named man of the match I think by Scottish Television commentators.

4. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Welp, It wasn't an assist but a parry from the goalkeeper. I wouldn't Count It.

Bomb8 and pepinointer repped this.
  5. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was unlucky not to score more goals. The keeper did a couple of good saves.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #281 HomietheClown, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Steven Gerrard was interviewed a couple days ago and he was really lobbying for Morelos to get called up for Colombia because he thinks he deserves it based on his form.

He also mentioned in the same interview that he has not received any phone call from Queiroz-even though he did ask for his number.

You would think if Morelos were going to be called the ckub manager would have heard it by now right? Unless it is down to him and some other players like him, Santos Borre, or Borja...
    ... and Queiroz is waiting until the very last second to make the decision.

That or Reyes just does not like him and is telling him not to call him.
    (All pure speculation on my behalf I will admit.)

7. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's understandable why Gerrard wants Morelos to join the NT as Rangers is trying to sell him.

I can also understand if Queiroz wants to wait until the last second with certain players as he doesn't know much about them. The starting XI is quite easy to choose, even for Queiroz, but it gets complicated after that. Even us here on the forum have disageements, and we have followed these players for a long time. It think Queiroz should call Morelos.

pepinointer and HomietheClown repped this.
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Morelo, Zapata, Falcao and Muriel are my strikers for March's friendlies.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i would add borre......

pibe10 repped this.
  10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Completely forgot about him...[emoji2357] Agree.

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As i said before.....Scotland is also a determinal factor about morelos behaviour and temper..........in another league he wont have too many red cards and problems......

1102618986246782976 is not a valid tweet id

12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Horrible.

13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh yes but i dont dislike leicester option

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What are they trying to say by calling her a mattress haha. Also how didn’t they get kicked out of the stadium or fined.

Dortmund is great at developing players. But either would be great. Just 20 million for him seems crazy considering where he is coming from

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's only the Scottish league, don't expect for transfer fee of 50-70m. And since Rangers bought him for 1.5m, I'd say that they will make a huge profit on him.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that is what I mean the Scottish league isn't good. Getting 20 million is insane for what is basically English 3rd/4th division

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No no, now you are overreacting to the other side. They aren't Barca nor Millwall.

19. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I Guess there's something that isn't being told here... I think that he Will have a release Clause of around £25 million, so that Rangers can secure some money and there's probably a percentage of the Transfer for Morelos in there to sign this extension.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think it is in his best interest to stay at the club. He has been saying all the right things and doing all the right things and has become a fan favorite. Another season would be perfect for him.

If he does go hopefully it is to a team like BVB and has a better career than Ramos had there.

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I dont think he needs another season at SPL. First and foremost while Gerrard has improved the team tremendously, this is likely also a short stop for the coach before he heads to a bigger league, which will bring with it lots of the typical uncertainty. Rangers is also financially strapped and without the sale of Morelos the club can't afford to attract better talent and therefore this 2nd place sitting is as best as they may be able to achieve.

Had Rangers won this year's SPL (no way they're catching Celtic after today's tie), and have a chance to play in CL next year I could maybe see a ray of reasoning to stay put but there's really not much more that Morelos can learn from staying at SPL 1 more year. You can only play Aberdeen so many times. I think he would be up to the challenge.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He may be up for the challenge but starting all over again in a new league with a new manager, within a new environment would not be ideal. Especially if it is a totally different country he goes to.

But some players can flourish bouncing from team to team and it would all depend on where he goes. Hence, I said a team like BVB.

23. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah I agree, he's done well there but its a weak league and the team is not exactly set up have a trajectory that would be good for Morelos.

He's going to have to leave at some point and he's basically shown everything he can in the surroundings he's in, another season there wouldn't be able to raise his profile but could drop it if he falls off a bit. He's done really well right off the bat, no reason why he couldn't adapt somewhere else, even if he couldn't all things considered another year there is a waste without the Champions League and like Kromekote said Gerrard is gone first chance he gets.

Bomb8 and kromekote repped this.
  24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #299 HomietheClown, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    I guess we see it differently.

If he is as good as people say he is then the drop off won't be that much especially if Gerrard stays for another season.

Starting all over again at a new place could be detrimental for his career especially if he wants to be called up for friendlies and qualifiers next year.

If he is on the bench at Leicester or is scoring no goals at Burnley he may be thinking to himself he made the wrong move. Especially if the fans turn on him.

If he scores goals at Rangers (even at half the pace he is this season) and shows he is still a solid contributer he may be called up in an instant. And he loves the fans, he loves the environment, he loves the club and he loves being the big fish in a small pond.

I don't think it is an easy decision and as I said it all depends on how he does if he does go to the new team.
    I am just speaking from my perspective and I think the situation he is in today could be beneficial for him at least another season instead of the instability of packing up his bags every season.

25. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think he has proven himself in Scotland as much as you can already, one more season at Rangers doesn't change anything in that sense. A move to a new club always involves a risk (so does staying), but he has to take the risk some day. I don't know about the NT but club career wise it makes no sense staying. Now it's time for him to prove himself in a big league, even if being a big fish in a small pond is quite entertaining for everyone.

kromekote and pepinointer repped this.