Alfredo Morelos - Rangers F.C

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jun 19, 2017.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  2. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    We probably won't for a while. Most of those days, I would think, will be used to start preparing for the Olympic qualifiers. Or at least they should be...

Non-fifa day friendlies will not put us above Uruguay...

crzdcolombian and HomietheClown repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My initial reaction is that in theory it’s a great idea to give our domestic guys games on non fifa days, so they can get used to playing NT games.

but in reality there may be push back from club teams to release players and financially the costs may outweigh the revenue generated from such games.

Mexico can probably pull it off because they have two gold cups they compete in every WC cycle so they can rotate and play with two different rosters.

Brazil is a futbol factory where they mass produce players like Vinicius Jr every other month so they can pull it off as well.

With that all said, with Europe doing these new type of games that aren’t friendlies, conmebol should think of something creative to make friendlies more important/exciting.

Azucarero and Bomb8 repped this.
  4. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not saying beating their domestic league NT will make us better but they are the country to top. Before we can fight with Brazil for #1 we need to be a clear #4 in the region and knock out #3.

I know Brazil v Argentina have non fifa days games. Think Paraguay v Bolivia as well. We need to find a NT to be do that with as well. In the past it was Mexico which I don’t mind but in our region I say Uruguay unless for Distance we go Venezuela route. Which doesn’t have a strong SNT or league.

6. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He just needs to keep playing like that, eventually someone Will notice.

pibe10 repped this.
  7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think he is already noticeable. I would be extremely surprised if he won't have offers from better leagues in the summer.

kromekote repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Epl. So does he have 27 goals or 31? Was it 27 before the 4 goal game?

I mean with 27 and Gerrards recommendation. What if Liverpool gave him a shot :)

9. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I believe he now has 27. 15 in league, 4 in Betrfed cup, 4 in FA cup and 4 in Europa league.

Surely people are aware of him by now, Scotland is right next to England and he's the top scorer there. The Scottish league is covered by he English media.

crzdcolombian and Azucarero repped this.
  10. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He will definitely have people sitting up, he scored in Europa League and Gerrard being his coach and saying good things will help. At worst I'd bet you'll see a lower table English side move for him, but I'd rather he go to Spain.

kromekote repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    IT may be a step backwards for him if he goes to a mediocre or bad team in the Premiere League.

Hopefully a better team in another league takes a chance on him.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He goes to the EPL and does well. More of their clubs will be willing to buy from our league or Colombians in general.

This can also open up Scottish league. Before him I don’t think any remotely decent player would accept a move to Scottland.

13. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Not in terms of career, the Scottish league is really bad and you can't expect big teams in good leagues to take a chance on that so the progression is almost always to a better league and the EPL scouts the Scottish league more then any others since its within Britain.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #264 HomietheClown, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    It all depends on how he does but going to a team like Burnley and not doing anything but look average could be a step backwards in his career compared to playing in a top 5 team in other countries.

15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah I"m not saying that a better team or league isn't a better step then a EPL team that doesn't attack much, but a shitty EPL team is not a step back from where he is now at all and those are the clubs that tend to dip into the scottish league.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In the sense you are talking about it is a step above for sure.
    In the sense of his career and possibly being called up in future National team games it may be a step backwards if the team sucks. Unless he is the lone bright spot.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How many goals does Cucho have this season?

Lot of places are like when and can Cucho, James and Quintero be on the field at the same time :)

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Cucho is a semi different story. He has been in the process of the youth teams and has actually done something in his debut.

But I see where you are going with this.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Only difference is Cucho is younger and isn’t owned by Huesca so their final destination next season is meaningless. His actual owner who owns many teams can loan him again or bring him back.

If a small team in England gives him a shot and they get demoted. Most likely another Epl team will pick him up in a year if he did well and for much less. Just needs to put it in his contract

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think that is the only difference.
    As good a player Morelos is becoming I don't think his skill level is at the same level and as you point out with Barrios his temperament could be a deficiency on the pitch too.
    But in theory if he plays well and keeps his head in the game he will be called up and considered no matter where he goes.

21. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I disagree. 1st of all, Morelos has come up thru the NT youth teams (just like Cucho). Morelos, who I recall was a stinker in youth squads, has only improved. He's not that kid anymore. Furthermore, one could make the easy case that the SPL is a weaker league, just like the previous Finnish league experience BUT he's not just scoring a few goals here and there. In fact, those 'lower' ranked leagues can be really sloppy and tough to gain any consistency, yet he's smashing records/play where he goes. To say that his skill level isnt at the same level as Cucho is denying the reality that we have another very young 'gem' to enjoy in the coming 2-3 WCs and that Morelos is performing at a very high level. He has all the merit at the moment to have a spot in March.

pepinointer and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho is deemed as a special generational talent here so of course Morelos is not in his level

Cruzifero repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cucho hernandez NT

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #274 HomietheClown, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    There is nothing to disagree about.
    I am talking about youth team with Reyes currently which is a connection to the National team since he is in the staff. That and he actually scored for Reyes in the friendlies

No one is denying anything pertaining to gems. I said he is doing well and is making it hard not to be called up in March if you would have read my previous posts. I just see a bit more skill and versatility from Cucho like playing as a winger and also as an attacking/ creative midfielder for instance.

Morelos looks to be best suited in the #9 position from what I have seen and we have better options there. And playing along side other strikers really has not been good for him or Rangers.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    No one said anything about special generational talent except you in this post.
    And Morelos is not at his level in my opinion. But if there is a logical argument that he is at his level I will be open to it.