Alfredo Morales

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Maxvall

Maxvall Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Lima
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    bigredfutbol and neems repped this.
  2. Maxvall

Maxvall Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Lima
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  3. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    welp, this gonna be hard. gaghalter's #1 Keeper could get less minutes than Fredo.

4. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Morales won't get a shot as long as Michael Bradley can still walk on grass.

Marius Tresor and yurch10 repped this.
  5. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it all boils down to reputation the kid got, true or not. It all started with JK, he tried him, didn't do bad but didn't do better than to replace either MB or Jones so back to the box of spare parts he went. and the following coaches follow on that.

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #31 LouisZ, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    The problem with your analogy, none of them (CP, WM or Adams) played for Fortuna. Any average player is good to look at when playing with top quality players. I remember a few early games were CP looked terrible with our national team but we knew he was better than that. I suppose you have to keep things into perspective.

7. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    While avoiding picking up the phone to call any of our young dual nationals (Araujo hasn't heard from him, and is open to playing for Mexico as well), I bet Egg is pricking his Morales voodoo doll, hoping he gets benched or injured. If he puts in another starter/rotational starter early league season, it's going to make picking Trapp and Bradley a lot more difficult in the eyes of the medi...wait, never mind, they won't care or ask any questions...

Maxvall and Marius Tresor repped this.
  8. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    "Any average player is good to look at when playing with top quality players" is not always true. Often "average" players are shown to be not up to it when placed on a quality team.

9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. Having Alfredo in a crappy club team or with second-string USA team is not going to give you a true picture of the player's potential. Of course, there are exceptions, like Zlatan Ibrahimović but then, he is not your average player.

10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Any player that advances beyond their "crappy" team does because it is clear they are better than they players/team they are on. That's the whole point.

11. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Using your logic, all starting players from top teams should be in a national team since they are top players at their position on top teams. I don't think all are. My guess is only 75 percent of top teams players are also national team players. So, my guess is a good average player can be part of top team because of other factors.

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Um. What you claim here has nothing to do with my logic, or even my statements. I've said nothing of the sort. That that's your interpretation is ... interesting..

But we are talking circles, so we can leave it at the obvious fact we disagree.

LouisZ and superdave repped this.
  13. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    2:30-2:50, are you kidding me?

can you imagine a fresh Morales coming in as a sub at the 60 mark vs Mexico? We win.

Instead we had to endure Bradley getting smoked like a traffic cone...…...Again.....

Marius Tresor repped this.
  14. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    wow what a clip

he must've done that a dozen times last season...oh wait that was his one assist...all season lol.

highlights are wonderful they really are and I am sure the guy is a great player.

At some point though regardless if he is going to be a difference maker with the us he should be a difference maker with his club team. The idea that he can't elevate his team at all because they suck but that he'll magically make josh sargent the best striker in concacaf just doesn't make sense.

superdave repped this.
  15. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    Oh and I can imagine him coming in at the 60 min mark...no I can't imagine a player who isn't a difference maker being the difference.

what you didnt answer is once morales comes on...how does the us score because in the end...thats the problem.

16. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    #41 #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Bundesliga Performance for 18/19:

Morales- 1 goal, 1 assist, for 1,525 minutes for mid-table team

Bradley- 0,0,0
    Trapp- 0,0,0

Point is the other players aren't currently good enough to hold Morales socks let alone even play in the Bundesliga.

We cant win if the other team has it so easy to dominate our "quarterback" or midfield "boss" and gives them back the ball so easily.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  17. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    good one but bradley and trapp also don't have near the amount of mistakes in the bundesliga that morales had last year.

they combined all season for ZERO bad passes, turnovers in the bundesliga last year thats amazing really.

I hope morales gets a callup so then we can move onto the next great hope. Just curious is tyler adams out? I mean just drop him from the team entirely?

18. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Outside of Adams and Morales and excluding Bradley and Trapp, what is the pipeline for the #6 position in the US pool? It seems worse than left back.

19. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    bradley
    trapp
    adams

its deeper then they are at a lot of positions if you think about it.

I mean...name the 10's

9......altidore..zardes...sargent maybe lol

rw...boyd...morris...lol

lw...arriola...weah...lol

the issue with the usmnt is that they are barely one deep at some positions and then you are in on the guys that we have to hope turn out to be players.

20. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Canouse. After that we enter Perry Kitchen level.

21. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    What about the two young guys for Dallas? Isn't Servania starting now? And is it Cerillo? Many seemed to be high on him early in the season, despite not making the WC squad.

I don't know these guys outside of the U20s (Servania looked fine, nothing special). Gotta be better options than Kitchen level though?

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    We'd need to see more of Servania, he's played only about 630 minutes at MLS level. Cerrillo has more minutes but I don't think he's impressed yet.

23. Maxvall

Maxvall Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Lima
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  24. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    My feeling is that different players "show" differently based upon their play/style. Some players rely more on a team environment, using the team and relying on the team. Others much less so.

25. Mahtzo1

Mahtzo1 Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    So Cal
    At least we are now one deep. It wasn't that long ago that we weren't even one deep....we didn't even have guys of Zardes', Arriola etc quality starting.