Alexis Sanchez... so damn good we take you for granted!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NorthBank, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There we go. Subs please

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

4. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't know for a fact, but I imagine all our forwards receive some kind of goals-scored bonus.

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170327/alexis-the-moment-everything-changed

Not an earth shattering interview but does give you glimpses into his psyche. One line stood out for me, when he was talking about an injury layoff:

"I was really sad because if you take away my football you take away everything"

This must figure into Wenger's decisions to play him more minutes than would seem prudent, more than sometimes the fans would like.

8. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's been involved in 48% of our goals this season.

Yes, he's a good player, but that to me tells me how fcuking terrible our attack has been this year.

daedalus, Shen-O, Fifty and 3 others repped this.
  9. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i don't care if peopel laugh,he's one of the best players we've ever had. one of few players with the skill, technique and bollocks to excel in the Invincibles. Ozil has the technique no doubt, but would cry if Vieira or Henry, or Campbell, shouted at him for a misplaced pass.

10. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ozil carried us last season to a better result than what Sanchez is carrying us this season.

I acknowledge the caveats but if we finish more last season we probably win the league or get close. That has not been the case this year.

Shen-O and Fifty repped this.
  11. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Is this a Van Persie move? What will happen? Sounds like he will be at Stamford Bridge come next season.

Speaking to Chilean media while on international duty, and quoted in Publimetro, he said: "I am happy in London and hope to finish my contract there.

"I'd like to stay in the city but with a team that is winning things, that has a winning mentality.

"I'm 28 years old, I still have a lot of years ahead of me. I am a player who looks after himself."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/arsen...elsea-switch-170329233307#cPEyrmDCDGX0GxC6.99

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  12. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    That would be weird and another negative milestone in Wenger regime. Selling to your opponents in this top 6 era is worse than the RvP era.

13. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    'We have the money now' so I would assume that we try to seel to Juventus or another suitor. Possibly PSG. Problem is that he says he likes London. So, to me he may be just saying he is going to Chelsea unless we want to compete.

14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sanchez is not the kind of guy whom doesn't comply to his contracts. If he really wants to switch to another team, he will see first to finish his whole contract first, before taking any other move.
    And if he said he wants to stay in London, he'll stay in London.
    He also has said here in Chile that he loves Arsenal, and despite what many say back there in England over his relationship with Arsene, he says he trusts and fully respects the man, so that must have some value as well. Very likely he will not sign for any other team, unless it is from London, so if he isn't sold to another London team, he will stay another year with Arsenal, finish his current contract, and only afterwards sign for whomever he wishes to sign for.

Also very likely, if Arsenal does finally accepts to what he is demanding, that he will be very happy to renew his contract (against what many of his fans here in Chile want for him).

15. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    This could be a ploy to get more money from the PSGs and Juves.

Fifty repped this.
  16. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

interesante...

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After a rather sh1t season for our club, it's nice to see that his peers in the league recognize Sanchez's major impact.

He was one of the 6 nominees for PFA Footballer of the Year. The other 5 in this elite pack are: Hazard, Kante, Ibra, Lukaku & Kane.

It's safe to say that nobody else in our squad even came close to this list. So, well done Alexis!

p.s. That said, you have <1% chance of winning this award I'm afraid.

18. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    That would be truly horrifying if he were sold to Chelsea.

He's our best player and if he doesn't want to stay after being offered 300k per week, nothing will convince him.

19. The Angel

The Angel Member

May 24, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    At least we had a possibility of signing him earlier in the season. Now our best hope is he doesn't go to Citeh.

Well played.

20. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....or maybe Sanchez was much better last year than Ozil has been this year...largely MIA for past 4 months

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #246 NorthBank, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Yeah it's too bad the two of them rarely are at peak level at the same time. Oh well., in any case, here's what I'm hoping...

Sanchez straps up his sore thigh/hammie, just like he's done a few times w/ Chile, gets totally inspired for Chelsea at Wembley, and has a kick-butt match, without disrupting too much our overall plan or shape.

All the off-field crap that might happen shortly after that match, I'm just not thinking about right now.

22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    IIRC, Alexis was injured for 3 months last year.

23. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was injured but it wasn't 3 months
    He played in 42 games

24. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ok

he wasnt top level last year, sorry.

25. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Over 20 goals in the league and double digit assists. Going to miss Alexis more than any player in recent memory. Don't blame him for leaving though and we will wish him the best. I have no faith Kroenke pays him the money he deserve. I don't see Ozil as likely to leave seeing how poor he was this season and the Bayerns, Juve, etc not needing him.