News: Alexi Lalas body slams UNMNT and Arena

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ipass, Sep 11, 2017.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    According to the last meme that was circulating social media in México, neither do they. But I tell you what, having home base in Columbus or some location like that, with time (and of course the right 11 and coach), Conmebol would take serious precaution whenever visiting.

[​IMG]

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    There's an old proverb, "no matter how much you scream at a goat, it's not going to learn to sing."

Alexi is screaming at the poor goat here.

jnielsen repped this.
  3. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Member+

Jun 21, 2001
    Until Michael Bradley ceases to be a automatic starter, no amount of screaming will solve anything. If Alexi calls that out specifically and actually asks the question, then he is contributing but he didn't.

Soccer journalism is still an embarrassment in this country. Every single journalists pens in MB and Howard still before anyone else.

yurch10 and manq360 repped this.
  4. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given how the USSF loves giving our opponents home-field advantage, I'm really skeptical of that ever happening.

5. manq360

manq360 Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the newly acquired Portland Timbers, Larrys Mabiala, who was born in France and has played in the Turkish and French leagues gave an interview yesterday before the Timbers' game. It was interesting because it goes along with what has been said about our team, not only by Lalas, but by BS members. I am paraphrasing, but basically he said he was amazed at the lack of urgency and movement in the players. This, of course, would translate to the MNT as they are, as of now, mostly MLS guys. Very interesting interview.

juveeer, sXeWesley and TimB4Last repped this.
  6. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd be rooting for us everygame. At that point we would need wins in Columbus though. A few ties vs Colombia/Uruguay would not even help us qualify that much.

As we know it only takes one bone headed coaching lineup to set our GD back too(Playing Wondo/Beckerman against Argentina)

7. ipass

ipass Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Definition of grit: The '94 team getting out of the group stage and only losing to 1-0 to Brazil (eventual WC winners).