Alejandro Zendejas at Club America

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may have missed it but I think all of those complaints about JK came out of responses that they likely felt were required for JK's verbal and public diarrhea.

I don't remember anyone coming out and bitching about JK with out him providing an enormous amount of provocation. I am not saying the responses are right or wrong but I don't think they just came out of the blue with out some provocation either. YMMV

It feels like any complaints about JK have been minimized once he was rightfully muzzled last year which is another indication to me that the vast majority of what you are referring to comes from responding to what JK is saying.

===================================

The TV deal is complicated and both sides benefit from the deal (which is why they package it together) but the vast majority of the revenue goes to MLS because they provide the majority of the programming hours. No side is riding anyone's coat tails imo.

Of the $90m per year deal, $70m goes to MLS, and $20m goes to US Soccer.

Maitreya repped this.
  2. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    You know what I mean about Hernandez though, right?

The guy is probably the most athletically gifted of all the guys in the FCD youth system. And he's a left back. And the US - public lament here - could use a left back.

But Hernandez went with Guatemala and no one considers that a loss.

And Guatemala is no Mexico.

Copa Centenario is not a part of the deal though and that will make so much money even Jeffrey Kessler will be jealous.

3. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is correct, Copa , Gold Cup and World Cup are separate TV deals because they do not go through US Soccer.

Those tounrmanet TV deals go through the federations (for Gold and Copa) and through FIFA for the WC. The federations/FIFA then decide how to dole out the tv money.

As host country we get a large cut of the game day revenue, which is where US Soccer will make most of its money for this tournament but the TV money is divided up numerous ways between the federations and participating countries.

4. kba4life

kba4life Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Claremont, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great info. Anyone happen to have the info on the payouts US roster members get for this tournament?

5. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are two different items here.

1) Prize money is related to tournament revenue and how far a team places. Each team will get a certain amount of money for points in group stage, advancing to quarters, advancing to semi's etc. The further you go the more prize money the team will get. Note that this prize money goes to US Soccer, not directly to the players.

2) The players in their CBA negotiate certain items related to tournaments like this. Unlike the MLSPU, I don't think the USNSTP (the players union for the national team) releases the full CBA (at least I can't find it) to the public so I am unsure how they handle the Copa differently from the World Cup in terms of bonuses.

I believe all 23 players should make a nice extra bit of cash based on this run but I can't estimate how much with out seeing the CBA details.

6. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oscar Pareja spoke on the transfer of Zendejas. It kind of reflects why many people like him as a coach. He plays young players and opens doors

"This is a fundamental step for the Academy players and I think that [Alex Zendejas' transfer to Chivas Guadalajara] is well deserved. For the project that we are developing here, it's fundamental. The academy players need to know that they don't only have the option to play for FC Dallas like they've dreamed but that they can also be transferred to other leagues. It's their future and we respect that."

EricSunRa and Winoman repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #33 BostonRed, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Played last night in the Chivas friendly against Energy FC of USL:

Translation: Close! Overflowing @ AlexZendejas8 the left, serves to @ brizuela27_cone who seeks to put back post and goes wide.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It's nice to see both Americans doing well at Chivas.

banbaseball repped this.
  10. tippco333

tippco333 Member

AC Perugia
    United States
    Jun 12, 2015
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon if we've discussed it, but since he's at Chivas does this mean he's no longer a US international?

11. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is nothing stopping the US from calling him in. I have no idea if the same rules regarding turning down call-ups apply to youth internationals but if they do the club really can't do anything about it unless he is injured.

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas can turn down youth call-ups. It's odd, but it appears to be the rule. They can't officially deny a player a full NT call, but they can make his life more difficult... sent to the reserves, left on the bench, constantly criticized.

(TxT) repped this.
  13. (TxT)

(TxT) Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember when Salgado left Chivas he mentioned that he was essentially bullied by his teammates for playing on US youth teams which was a driving factor in his decision to leave.

So to be clear youth call-ups can be denied by clubs without reason?

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what we have heard from several journalists & coaches. I don't see that specifically covered in the FIFA regulations, but we know that they at least can deny call ups outside the FIFA window (like the U17 & U20 World Cups).

15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

16. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  17. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Made debouchy's night hell last night.

Pl@ymaker and soccerusa517 repped this.
  18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liga MX debut last night for Zendejas.

20. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #45 EricSunRa, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Alex started the Copa MX game against Tapachula last night, and was subbed off with an injury in the 31st minute.

BostonRed and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC

Started for U20s v América scored in the second minute and subbed off at the half. Final América 2 - 1 Chivas.

Tom Collingsworth and BostonRed repped this.
  22. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Since he resigned from the USNTs I am not sure why he still has a thread here. Some people want to have their cake and eat it too. I am no died in the wool nationalist but this seems to be one of those cases. He's either a US national or he ain't. Right now, he ain't. Mods please close this thread or at least state why it should remain open.

abelgeri repped this.
  23. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    This forum is for American citizens who play overseas.

Eighteen Alpha and BostonRed repped this.
  24. chrome_vapors

chrome_vapors Member+

Oct 15, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why do u care if the thread is open. Don't act butt hurt.

25. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Chivas are the bigots. If MLS had a team that restricted player involvement for any national side but USNTs there would be an international incident. Why are you defending the bigotry of Chivas and their ownership? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, is it not?

abelgeri repped this.