Alex Ramos to Pachuca

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by socal23, Jan 26, 2015.

1. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Tab's son is taking the plunge down south...

Alex Ramos ( @alexraaamos ) 19yo son of U.S. U-20 coach Tab Ramos has signed w/Pachuca, @RichardMotzkin has confirmed

Retweet
    Favorite
    More

[​IMG]

• [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    11:14 AM - 26 Jan 2015

USAMEX10 repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They have one of the best youth systems in Mexico and play their younger players. Is Ramos good? Has anyone seen him play?

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are the stats from his sophomore year at Iona. Nothing particularly impressive:
    [​IMG]

Tom Collingsworth and Hararea repped this.
  4. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I play roller hockey at his Dad's place (Tab Ramos Sports Center) and my girlfriend went to high school with him (she graduated earlier then him though)...

That's all I can offer. He's never been capped at a youth level, right? How the hell did he land this contract?

Winoman and bsky22 repped this.
  5. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His college profile say he's played with the USA U14s, but nothing after that. I am also interested about how he managed to get this deal with not a great resumé.

6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His dad is Tab Ramos, assistant coach of the US national team, youth technical director, coach of the U-20 team... duh.

chrome_vapors repped this.
  7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

Thank you, Simone.

;)

8. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Judging from his Iona stats I doubt he makes it with the first team but I hope I eat crow. You gotta be a top prospect if a guy his age gets minutes let alone starts there. (MEX U20s Lozano/Gutierrez are starters there btw)

Jsean repped this.
  9. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    good luck to him, in pachuca we take the u17 an u20 tournament very seriously so hopefully he can help us win a cup. pachuca scouts must have seen something good from him or else i dont think they would have sign him only because of his dad. what i want to know is why did no mls team go after him? maybe mls scouts look for something different than mexican scouts?

Jsean repped this.
  10. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you mean Simeone?
    [​IMG]

11. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    It's still early, but I got my money on this being the most interesting post of this thread.

Jsean, GiallorossiYank and Winoman repped this.
  12. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that he has a Mexican passport.

13. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Nice of Tab to not call up his own son. Unlike that asshole head coach we had.. What's his name?.. Bob Bradley..?

14. Majin

Majin Member+

Arsenal
    Mexico
    May 7, 2013
    Zacatecas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He was born in Mexico

(TxT) and Jsean repped this.
  15. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    They mentioned this 2 weeks ago during the telemundo broadcast of a Pachuca league match. They also said that he wasn't the only one, and 4-5 other youth American players were picked up (most likely kids with dual citizenship).

Anyway those who are questioning the merits of the player are spot on. Pachuca have been known to make signings for purposes unrelated to actual talent.

16. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Speaking of which, is there an "Edwin Lara to Pachuca" thread? If so, I couldn't find it. He's a much more interesting prospect, although he recently stopped playing for our U17s and started playing for Mexico's.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  17. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Alex Ramos is now apparently with Leon, or at least he played 20 mins their U20s today.

Tom Collingsworth and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  18. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Registered with Leon Premier (Segunda Division) for 2016-17.

19. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ramos made two sub appearances totalling six minutes for León's Segunda Division team in the 2016 Apertura. He's now listed as unregistered.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Ramos is now on trial with SKN St. Pölten in Austria's first division:

Zusätzlich sind mit Ex-Nationalteamspieler Ümit Korkmaz, sowie dem amerikanischen Youngster Alex Ramos, dessen Vater die U20 des US Nationalteams betreut, in dieser Woche zwei Trainingsgäste mit von der Partie und wollen sich in dieser für ein eventuelles Engagement bei den Wölfen empfehlen!
    http://www.skn-stpoelten.at/de/39?entry=31241

That's from the club; here's a news organization's roundup, which lists him as a "possible" addition.

http://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussbal...che-bundesliga--transferliste-winter-2016-17/

BostonRed repped this.
  21. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Failing to impress in our U20 league is actually pretty grim. Only the players that really stand out there go on to receive first team minutes and even from those not a lot of them impress.

Gacm32 repped this.
  22. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ex girlfriend. And I'm moving back to Italy. How quickly things change...

Winoman repped this.
  23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Snip:

He left college and signed with a club in Mexico, an experience he marked as one of the most exciting professional moments of his life. He started bringing his camera to practice and recording the trick shots he was learning. Then, he noticed the videos were picking up online.

“I was like, ‘Wow, I really enjoy this, and I also enjoy the training aspect that comes with it. I can still train myself, train other players and I can showcase that on this platform,'” Ramos told In The Know.

That’s where his passion for making videos, playing soccer and training all came together.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/alex-ramos-went-professional-soccer-164711129.html

Winoman repped this.