ALERT! League-Mandated Rivalry Cup: Crew v Toronto Argonauts Co-Tenant FC | Match 27 - 8/17/19 19:30

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by chr1st, Aug 14, 2019.

Tags:
?

What will be the result of the Crew's 8/17/19 match vs Toronto?

Poll closed Aug 17, 2019.
  1. Win by two or more goals

12.1%
  2. Win by one goal

32.8%
  3. Hell Is Real Loss (aka Canadian Win (née Tie))

13.8%
  4. Lose by one goal

8.6%
  5. Caleb Porter Disasterclass (formerly Lose by two or more goals)

13.8%
  6. Got a Room: Crew allow >13 shots, Room makes ≥2 saves & Crew win (worth 2 points!!)

15.5%
  7. "Two attackers diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not mark both..." - Connor Maloney

3.4%
  1. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't we all?

2. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm feeling dense. Why is this an important specification?

3. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if you're not Italian.

TRUJDUB and Draghignazzo repped this.
  4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not Sure.png

Draghignazzo repped this.
  5. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Disregard previous. I see where you went.

6. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?

Spicy Italian sausages, hot dog buns, along with some peppers and onions.

I don't know what you pervs are talking about.

TRUJDUB and Draghignazzo repped this.
  7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that. Except I prefer sweet sausages, but that's just me.

8. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a good time to mention the annual Bratwurst Festival is in Bucyrus tomorrow through Saturday?

Robbiegoal, TKyle, TRUJDUB and 3 others repped this.
  9. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's always a good time to remind me to get some Carle's brats. I haven't been to the Bratty in waaaaaaaaaaay too long.

MLSinSTL repped this.
  10. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I hear that the Crew game vs Chicago at the end of the month would have dollar brats?

11. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gawd, this thread just got so ********ing hot.
    Dude! Welcome and enjoy the bounty of Crewdom!

mjlee22 and Draghignazzo repped this.
  12. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Now i want bratwurst for lunch

MLSinSTL repped this.
  14. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Getting my thoughts on the match out on Thursday since I'll be preoccupied with Groomsmen duties at the wedding that is causing me to miss the match...

I am not sure what to think about this match. Toronto has played much better than the Crew at their best and roughly about the same as the Crew at their worst. They beat FCC at home but got whooped at NYRB in the recent weeks. They are currently in a run of congestion but that includes midweek matches vs a lower level Canadian team so it's the easiest sort of congestion to deal with. All things considered, this would be a game I think Columbus pulls out since they are Home Team FC but I'm grumpy so I'll go with a draw.

I wouldn't be surprised to see any results happen, with exception to maybe Crew Win by two or more goals. Prop bet is intriguing as I think Toronto easily get to 13+ shots (FCC got to 7 in approximately 25 minutes worth of playing to attack) and I think if you get to double digits shots, Room is going to rack up the saves (Zardes will be on Room's side so it's not like every shot will be off target...I KID I LOVE YOU HYPE TRAIN). It's the Crew win that I just can't endorse.

It'd really be nice to open this 3 games in 9 days stretch with a W but I'll settle for no injuries and just staying afloat.

15. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could also say you are.........grouchy

16. TyphonInc

TyphonInc Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jul 3, 2018
    Dublin, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with a win, just because I'm still upset with Altidore's "see yah in Austin" comment last year.

17. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    I actually typed grouchy at first but went with grumpy since I was predicting a draw. If I was grouchy, it would have been Disasterclass all the way baybeeee. I'll save that feeling for the midweek match at a baseball stadium.

18. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to go with the prop bet. I'd love for us to hit TFC hard like FCC did to us. Come out, grab one early. That sets up the prop nicely. TFC getting more and more desperate put pressure on us and rack the shots and Room gets his 2 saves. Easy 3 for us and 2 for me. Maybe we grab a ticket to ride the Hype Train with a late goal to finish 2-0 good guys.

Should be another beautiful night and what looks like a 16k+ attendance. Looking forward to 2 (3 with the fan fest) trips to Mapfre in 8 days.

Hopefully Keita, Francis are on the mend along with Jiminez and Williams. More minutes for young players PLEASE!!! Argudo, Diaz, Sosa, Keita, etc.

Let's Go CREW!

TRUJDUB repped this.
  19. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I picked win by 1 but if Maloney starts i fear a draw is more realistic

20. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Jimenez might not play the rest of the season if he comes back it won’t be anytime soon

21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    What if he plays strong safety?

TyphonInc and Draghignazzo repped this.
  22. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some clever and artistic person needs to come up with a two-stick for Saturday.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This feels like a crossroads game to me. I just can't get out of my head how shitty we came out last weekend in, arguably, our biggest game of the year. Going into the match, if you'd asked people if they'd be cool with a 2-2 draw against FCC, they'd ave laughed in your face. Of course not. Sure, we blew a ton of chances to score the winner, and we were certainly the better team. But it was only our poor play the first half an hour or so that made the comeback necessary. We waltzed onto the pitch and embarrassed ourselves in front of a sold-out crowd.

We have also been plagued by horrific finishing all season. It may have reached a point of absurdity last weekend, but it's been there all year.

We've also leaked goals all season long. I certainly have more confidence in Room than Bendik or Kempin, and I'm pleased we've been undefeated with him in goal. But we also haven't had a shutout with him in goal.

As of yesterday, here's TFC's injury report:

Here's ours:

All of which makes me wonder why I should expect some sort of turnaround on Saturday. We couldn't beat the worst team in the league, with a -32 GD, but I'm supposed to think we'll beat a team seven points above in the standings, with a -2 GD and fighting for the final playoff spot?

Turnarounds do happen. In 2002, the US's run in the WC almost didn't happen because of the way we played against Poland in the final group stage match. We were given a reprieve by S. Korea, and took advantage of that to beat Mexico in a knockout stage match. So, yeah, things like that happen. But sometimes, lots of times, teams have miserable, fatal flaws, and they just continue to disappoint until those flaws are corrected.

I just can't see us shutting down the TFC offense, not the way we've been letting in goals this season. I think we'll score, but we're not in 11th place in the eastern Conference for nothing. 3-2, TFC.

24. TZPrince

TZPrince Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Jesus fvcking christ...is this goign to be another one of Robbie Rogers corner flag things that all you wanna be one trick ponies are going to keep doing for a couple years ?

TRUJDUB repped this.
  25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Probably.

Though I take exception to your "wanna be" flag. I am a fully-fledged one-trick pony. Good DAY!