Alejandro Melean in Bolivia?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 17, 2011.

1. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Melean was taken out at HT

2. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what position Melean is currently playing, but he has 10 goals for Oriente Petrolero this season. Six in the Apertura, when Petrolero finished 2nd behind Bolivar. And four in the Clausura, where OP is again 2nd behind Bolivar.

3. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finished with 10 goals in 41 matches.

He's on the provisional roster for Copa America, listed as a midfielder.

BostonRed repped this.
  4. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo, BostonRed and Winoman repped this.
  5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    His game has changed. He's more of an outside mid/offensive mid now than a defensive mid years ago.

He's one of the key players I think new caoch Baldivieso will lean on to start a new for the NT.

There's been a coup' behind the scenes with many of the stars opting not to paly anymore until Baldi' is gone as NT coach. Including many of the top star players from the last cycle, including Marcelo Moreno.

Baldi is going to lean heavy on internal Bolivian stars like Melean and other youngsters....really because he has no choice at this point. Not going to be pretty...but will be a good restart for the future.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good profile from @bshredder:

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/alejandro-melean-eager-to-face-yanks-saturday-night

“During the last World Cup, I actually posted a photo of me wearing U.S. jersey with the caption, 'One of the two teams I will always support,'” he added. “Since Bolivia wasn't in the World Cup, I was definitely going for the USA. That's the best part for me, getting to play at home and that I get to play a friendly match against the United States. It's going to be very exciting for me.

"I have to see if they will let me sing both anthems. I was hoping for a chance for like this since my first Bolivian call-up. Now that it's happening ahead of Copa America, on U.S. soil, it's amazing.”

Alexisonfire and ImaPuppy repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved to Club Jorge Wilstermann in Bolivia on a free transfer.

http://www.diez.bo/futbol/-Melean-nuevo-refuerzo-de-Wilstermann--20170630-0009.html (In Spanish)

With the objective clear. Midfielder Alejandro Meleán is the new reinforcement of Wilstermann to face the following three tournaments. It can not be taken into account for the Copa Libertadores because it was qualified by its ex-club, Sport Boys, in this contest.

[​IMG]

Winoman repped this.
  8. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Winoman and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  11. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    As far as I can tell, he's still with Wilstermann. He's had quite the career!

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since January 2022, he's been with Club Deportivo Guabirá in Bolivia's top tier.

He's had 3 goals & 3 assists in 2873 minutes over 40 competitive matches this year.