Alcantara say NO to the Chaleston Battery offer!

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by ischia05, Mar 24, 2009.

1. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nada asere, pero pon lo que tengas (translation for the not speaking spanish :D: Nothing, but put what you got)

2. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you've got details of the offer the HE refused, then this is one of two things....

Option 1...you're a member of the Battery organization and the fact that you're spewing all of this crap would probably get you fired....(I'm not guessing that this is the case.)

Option 2...you're way too close to this situation to talk about it rationally. It's pretty obvious you were close to this dude or you wouldn't care so much. At the level of pro soccer we're talking about, one player does not a team make. He's one guy...he refused an offer to play (whatever that offer was--you obviously know)...and the team moves on.

If you like the dude so much, then start a fan club and set up a web site. I'm sure we'd all check in on it occasionally to see how he's progressing. If nothing else, it would give you an outlet for all of this Alcantera energy you seem to have....

3. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston

Actually i hate hearing gossip...i have 5 sisters so i prefer to stray away from gossip. But you havent put any facts into thses statements you made and have changed your response to things a couple of times. I hope ANY professional player would give his all for a team. And i do check the website, the USL site, and all the message boards to hear about the team i love, follow, and support.

And its not being pathetic...youre acting like a little kid saying "I have a secret and im not telling"...thats the bottom line my friend :D

4. ischia05

ischia05 New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba
    I never said I have a secret and I am not telling...All in due time my friend, have some patience! I did put facts into statments, it's just that you failed to understand and NO I never changed my response to anything......

5. ischia05

ischia05 New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba
    Que tu quieres saber, que tu hermanos cubanos tienen que joderse y muere de hambre porque el equipio no quirere pagar?

6. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston

Ah my friend now who is the one that can not read...i said its LIKE a little kid saying "I have a secret and im not telling"...never said you had one ;)

7. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RHB...I got an extra roll of duct tape if you need it....:D

8. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston

haha...i may need it...dont think 2 rolls of tape would be enough :cool:

9. ischia05

ischia05 New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba
    Did you buy any Tape?

10. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Why yes i did

11. ischia05

ischia05 New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba

[​IMG]

12. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well I found Alcantara he is with the Miami FC same as Faife, both played the game against Montreal and for what the Miami fans say both look impresive :)

13. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bermudez came in at left back today against Charlotte.

14. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is an interesting position I never saw him play in that position, I have to ask to a friend from Cienfuegos (city from where Bermudez came) if he has been see him play as a left back.
    How he did?

15. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he did well he pushed up the flank alot. The Battery also took a man out and were playing with Ten men. I guess it was to see how the players did playing a man down.

16. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woodbine is out with a broken foot, so he is filling in at the left back.

17. ischia05

ischia05 New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Cuba
    Miami FC has come to terms with Cuban Forward Reinier Alcantara, Colombian striker Diego Serna and Argentine defender Facundo Erpen for the upcoming 2009 season. . All three signings are subject to USL and USSF approval along with international clearance. Simply put,Alcantara got a much better contract as what he was offered from Battery.

18. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.uslfans.com/view_news.php?id=5612

Miami April 11, 2009-Miami FC announced today that they have come to terms with Pedro Faife and Reinier Alcantara. Both players were members of the Cuban national team, when they chose to defect last October during a World Cup qualifying match in Washington, D.C. The signings are subject to USL and USSF approval along with international clearance.

Alcantara and Faife have been on trail with the team since the end of February.

"Being in South Florida, it's nice to have signed two Cuban players, but more than anything they are two excellent players who are going to help fill some voids that we had in our roster, "said General Manager Luiz Muzzi.

Reinier Alcantara has 18 caps for the Cuban National team, and was a fixture for Cuba from 2005 up until 2008. He can play both forward and midfielder, displaying the type of versatility that head coach Zinho relishes.

Pedro Faife will contribute as a holding midfielder having played that position for the Cuban national in international competitions such as CONCACAF World Cup qualifiers, Gold Cup, and countless friendlies.

When asked about playing in Miami, Pedro showed to be proud. ''We'll be representing Cuban people in Miami,'' Faife said ``This is our dream.

Hopefully, they will help Miami draw better, than they have in the past. The local Sunday Mexican league has bigger crowds. I still don't know how, they would be able to support another MLS team down there.

19. TheBobCrayBand

TheBobCrayBand New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Club:
    Charleston
    I thought Cubans were illegal anyways.

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they are given refugee status once they hit land in the US.

21. TheBobCrayBand

TheBobCrayBand New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Club:
    Charleston
    Mikey,
    sorry that was a small joke. I was thinking Sienfeld episode where Kramer bought Cubans that everyone thought were cigars, but they were actually people, supposed to be cuban but not, to roll cigars. My bad

22. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ::joke flies over my head:::

my excuse is I was living in Europe when Sienfeld first came out and I never really got into it.

Welcome to the Battery boards by the way!

Mikey

23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now that this dude has found gainful employment elsewhere, do we ever get to hear the much ballyhooed "backstory" of how the Battery ********ed him over?

24. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably not...

Shakespeare said it best... "...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing..."

25. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    plus, there are two sides to every story.