Ajax: We Want More; Let's Go for Four

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 2, 2013.

1. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    *Cricket*

Milik
    Viergever
    Zivkovic

Opinions? Viergever's an interesting one. Anyone know anything about Milik (other than that he's on loan from Bayer and was on loan to Augsburg)?
    Seems Overmars is looking to make his signings early.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Ajax are wrong in letting go Moisander. It's also that de Boer said some time ago in an interview. Something along the lines of, if Moisander wants his foreign adventure, then this is the moment for it. 1 year contract and 29. He was way too nonchalant about it for me. Maybe it is true, but why not trying to keep him at all cost? Make him feel special, make him feel appreciated. A young team as Ajax needs experience. With Moisander, Ajax has that on top of his football quality's and character (Frank likes ideal son in laws).

Maybe it is also because I have seen some big Viergever mistakes when I watched AZ and not being fond of Denswil so far. His football is not as good as advertised. Watch all his cross passes going wrong. Go watch the RBS game. He makes an awful lot of misplaced (vital) passes for a "good" footballing CB. The thing with Viergever is that he is a lousy header of the ball. What is nice about Viergever is that he is quick. Can also play left back. A weak spot for Ajax. So he could cover for an injured Boilesen. Viergever is a nice squad player to have, but not a step forward. At least that is how I see things now. It is prudent to watch him in his first half season first. Give him a chance. Footballing wise he is better than van der Hoorn while he costs half of him (not counting salary). Viergever also already played many Eredivisie seasons. He might reach a higher level in the Ajax system under de Boer. If Denswil is not able to win the competition from Viergever then maybe he is not Ajax quality, or Dutch NT quality. Van Gaal went with Indi, Rekik, Vlaar and others. Dropped Viergever after the Belgium match, though that also has to do with his position switch with his club.

Milik gives me a good feeling. I don't know why. Looking at his scoring stats in Germany one might ask why not back to Hoessen? If scoring is out of the window, Hoessen did often make the team play a bit better. However Milik has a really hard shot, has football and size. Overmars already scouted him for 2 years and that is a good sign. They looked at his potential, his profile and went for it. I am looking forward watching this guy.

Zivco is a counter striker. Have to see what they will do with him to make it work in the Ajax system. Milik "should" fit. Zivko in that regard is a question mark for me.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree with you. I suspect that they don't have confidence in Denswil. Regarding Moisander, it's hard to keep a player when he wants to leave

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Moisander leaves I think it is normal that a replacement comes. Would not take that as a vote of disapproval of Denswil. Every position should have 2 contenders, keeping everybody sharp. Denswil should be lucky. I rate Moisander higher than Viergever, so he has only got more of a chance to get into the first 11. Ajax fans do not have to feel bad about Denswil not playing either. If he is not able to win the competition from Viergever, then he is not the quality Ajax is looking for in a youth player. Viergever is a good squad player, not a level up from Moisander IMO.

6. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If this is to back up the LB as well then this is a decent buy. Otherwise I would rather have Ajax go for Gouweleeuw. He has been better than Viergever this season and has developed okay considering he is new at AZ

7. RomaRomaRoma

RomaRomaRoma Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So Hoesen is gone - I had some hopes for him but perhaps they were colored by thinking he was 20-ish and not 23 as I found out today :)

8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Hi guys, I just had a question for anyone who is familiar with ordering jerseys from Ajax’s online fan shop.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered my Ajax home jersey and it said the shipping date will be May 21 and it will take around 5-11 business days. It’s technically still in between that time frame right now. But I searched up the company handling the shipping order, PostNL and they received quite poor ratings according to this from Dutch customers:

https://www.trustpilot.nl/review/www.postnl.com

On the tracking page they provided, it hasn’t changed at all in a week. There has been no updated info on current status or defined delivery date. I also live in Canada so I’m not familiar with this company or their operations. The webpage is also mainly in Dutch so I have to rely on Google translate. I tried signing up on PostNL for an account for full details but it seems to restrict that only to users in the Netherlands.

I’ll wait out the rest of these stated business days for delivery. But I’m wondering for those with experience with ordering from them, there really shouldn’t be any problems with the reliability with ordering from the official Ajax site and delivery by PostNL right?

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've always ordered my shirts (up to five now) from the on-line shop as I figure Ajax get more money from me than if I go through a US middleman. I've never had any issues and have always received the shirts. If I recall correctly it took in the neighborhood of two weeks.

BTV802 and Brandko repped this.
  10. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  11. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  12. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The away is pretty similar to the 2010-11 away kit in terms of color scheme. Don't mind that, but the weird diagonal divide is not for me.

13. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  14. klattamaniac

klattamaniac Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Still won't buy the home jersey as long as it has the stripes on the shoulders. Shame because I like the shirt otherwise.

15. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I don't get it why Adidas doesn't remove them or add three white stripes. Fans have been pretty clear that the red ones shouldn't be there.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Adidas do sleeve stripes on lots of shirt tops for clubs they sponsor. I don't like it either but when Ajax get big money for this they are not in a position of refusing. They could look for another kit manufacturer but would they get as much money??

17. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Does Aegon remain as the shirt sponsor or is it this new sponsor Sengled?

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    AFAIK, Aegon until the end of next season. I don't think Sengled is a shirt sponsor and if they are we might be the second 'light bulb' team in the league which is a dubious distinction.

19. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #1294 Brandko, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    11 days later and still no delivery.

I emailed the Ajax Shop last Tuesday (June 3) and got this reply:

Dear Ajax fan,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately your order has not been sent yet. In the meantime, the letter N which needs to be printed on your shirt is not at stock. We expect the letter this week. As soon as we have received the letter, we will print it on your shirt and sent the package to you. We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience. If you have other questions regarding your order, please feel free to contact us.

We hope to have informed you as well as possible.

Met vriendelijke groet,
    Ajaxshop

It's been officially a week later now and still no status changes on the PostNL tracking page. I've been emailing Ajax Shop for 2 days in a row now for an update and they haven't replied to me again. I don't know what to think of the problem anymore. I suppose next thing to do is call them up during business hours and hopefully they provide a clear response.

20. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #1295 Brandko, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    This is ridiculous now. I've been trying to call the Ajax contact line for half an hour now and I'm stuck on this dead air tone. Don't appear reachable right now. I know I have the format correct, I tried calling up a random hotel number in Amsterdam and reached someone no problem. It's been almost a while month since I originally ordered. Losing hope at this point......

21. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Did you order a new 2014-15 kit? Looks like they are still in pre-order mode so I assume that's why they haven't shipped.

22. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    #1297 Brandko, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    No, it's the 13/14 home kit with a Veltman print. I order it a month ago when it was on sale and before the new kit was announced. Brief timeline: ordered on May 14, received confirmation email of shipping on May 21, with estimated delivery time of 5-11 business days.

I was hoping to get it by beginning of June or so. But still nothing so I emailed them on June 2 to enquire about the situation. They replied the day right after with that message. But now there’s still no update, and my 2 emails this week haven’t been replied. I don’t mind waiting, but what’s really irking me is that lack of communication and clarity from them. Now they’ve just stopped replying.

23. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah bummer man don't know what to tell you. My kits have always come in a relatively timely fashion but I'm usually ordering the new kit right after it's released.