AJAX vs REAL MADRID I Champions League R16 1st Leg I 13.02.19 I 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 12, 2019.

1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 11.22.56 AM.png

Competition: Champions League, Round of 16, 1st Leg
    Venue: Johan Cruyff Arena

Squad List:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 11.23.48 AM.png

Notes:
    • Ajax is in a bit of a slump having lost 2 of their last 3 games while we have won 8 of our last 10 in all comps. ​
    • We have 2 relatively easy games after this match at home vs Girona and away at Levante who are both low in the table. I expect Solari to put out his best XI in this match. ​
    • Ramos will play his 600th game for Real Madrid in this match. Legend.​
    • Ajax has not reached the quarterfinals in 16 years.​
    • Madrid has dominated recent contests between the sides, beating Ajax home and away in the group stage in 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13. Their last trip to Amsterdam brought a 4-1 success in October 2012 – Madrid won by the same scoreline at the Bernabéu two months later – making it 11 goals in their last three visits to Ajax.​
    • Real Madrid has continued their record of appearing in the UEFA CL round of 16 every year since its introduction in 2003/04 – and have not lost a tie at this juncture in nine years.​
    Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 12.16.34 PM.png

VAMOS MADRID! A POR LA DECIMATERCERA!

Lyra, natenate101, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  2. Edino Edinho

Edino Edinho Member+

Dec 28, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I predict we win, if we start with Reguilon. If we start with Marcelo, probably a draw

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    #4 Nathanial Essex, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    I'm predicting a 3-0 or 4-0 victory. Just want to tie up this game in the first leg.

Didn't know Klass-Jan Huntelaar played for them.

[​IMG]

Prit Javier repped this.
  5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Vamos

MiamiNative0722 and Prit Javier repped this.
  6. nexus11313

nexus11313 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This not being televised in the US has me angry AF. ******** you TNT & B/R, I'll see you in hell.

Prit Javier and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  7. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a bench warmer. Best way to beat this Ajax is to press them high up the pitch and force them to make a mistake. Heracles and Feyenoord did this very good. They don't play with a real DM, Blind is playing as their CB, while he's a 6. Tagliafico is injured, Frankie is a doubt.

VJR is going to have the day of his life if he faces Mazraoui, again a midfielder who is played as a defender.

Tbh, we should destroy them.

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just stream it :D. If there's no available service, there's no reason not to.

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deep Pal, madridista_hr and Prit Javier repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Marcelo should start this match.

He wants to show he has learned, let him show it

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    How fortunes change so quickly. This tie had a different complexion after the draw.

They are still a good team and will be hugely motivated to show it on the biggest stage. We are in good form and the Atelti win should give the guys confidence but we've seen us play one very good game followed by a bad game against a weaker opposition. Hope they don't take them lightly.

Digital, Deep Pal, Modric-87 and 2 others repped this.
  12. nexus11313

nexus11313 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Varane now doubtful for tomorrow?

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Univision Deportes and UniMas will show it..
    If you have Dish N. they took these channels off their lineup a few months ago (I am screwed) but if you have any other provider.. Fios, Comcast, DirectV they should have it.

Deep Pal, nexus11313 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If you have cable, one of the Spanish language channels here in the US will be carrying the match. Right now it's being listed on UniMas and Univision Desportes and I think the latter is in hi-def.

15. nexus11313

nexus11313 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fellow Dish customer in the same boat. Having to pay an additional premium/stream illegally in 2019 is beyond ridiculous.

rrrrrafik repped this.
  16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax trainer Erik ten Hag says that de Jong is fit for tomorrow's match. I have not heard about Tagliafico, our LB, who has a bit of a knee problem. We will really need him to be competitive tomorrow.

I posted a scouting report on our team on a previous thread on this forum. Most of the comments still hold but just a couple of updates. Our #9, Kaspar Dolberg has been playing very well lately and I think he has the capacity to cause some problems for Real particularly if Varane is out. Weak spot in the MF is Schöne who is really too slow to play at this level. Ajax really don't have a defensive MF which causes problems for the back line. They are also susceptible to quick counter attacks when the offensive is too far up the pitch.

While I always hope for an Ajax win, a good performance for them will be a 1-1 draw. A more realistic result is probably 1-3 loss but the last time we played a Spanish club in Amsterdam the result was a 2-1 victory over -- wait for it -- Barcelona!!! We even went down to 10 men with 20 minutes left in the game and Barca still could not score.

My hope is for an exciting match with a lot offensive flow.

Deep Pal, meringues, Modric-87 and 2 others repped this.
  17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I will be trying an over the air antenna to see if that works before going the premium route

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Courtois - Reguilon - Varane - Ramos - Odriozola - Casemiro - Ceballos - Modric - Vinicius - Benzema - Lucas. :thumbsup:

Deep Pal and Prit Javier repped this.
  19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    A true Brazilian Trio!

20. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I hope so my friend! Its an away game so we need to stay good at the back.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    When this tie was drawn up, I was not confident at all in going through. Solari has turned this team around, and this team now exudes confidence. Still, let's not take Ajax lightly, it's the CL, anything can happen.

Aimar 21, Digital, Prit Javier and 6 others repped this.
  22. Modric-87

Modric-87 Member

Real Madrid
    Netherlands
    May 26, 2018
    Ajax is really bad last games guys, but Champions League is always something else. Ajax doesnt get any space in the Eredivisie, they normally park the bus, Real wont do that so Ajax can get in their game if we dont watch out. Seeing the new guys stand up and our overall quality on the field and the bench, I expect us too win this by close margine, lets hope for another bycicle kick from Benz in the Arena. Hala Madrid!

Prit Javier and S1na repped this.
  23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's to not underestimating Ajax no matter what their current form. Professional performance from our boys and we should be good.

Ssr9, Aimar 21, Digital and 6 others repped this.
  24. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We should approach the game with the same intensity we've had the past few weeks. The last thing we need is to underestimate any opponent and end up with an unfavorable result. Get the win and if we can keep a clean sheet, even better.

Digital repped this.
  25. Starwalker

Starwalker Member

Apr 20, 2011
    So it seems none of you are bothered by the “a por la decimotercera” in the OP?! What is this, 2018???

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.