Pre-match: AJAX - Twente: The Johan Cruijff-schaal 30-07-2011

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll toby!!!!!

2. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    getting there, it's getting there! :D

3. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    So Blind back to left i guess?

4. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Looks like Derk is coming on.

5. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ruiz. Wow. Beautiful goal.

6. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Justice! 2-1!

Undeserved since Ajax is better, but justice since Berghuis didn't deserve that red card.

Wierd subs by Ajax

7. Twefoju

Twefoju Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Bali, Indonesia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    admitted, good goal from Ruiz

poor closing down from the Defender

Stek would have caught that

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I want to see Serero :(

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Check
    Check

&

So close..:(

Congrats Twente.

I agree with Pag, some questionable subs tonight. Wanted to see Serero for Ebecilio and leave Sigi on. Daley is not good enough for LB and should've been taken off instead of VDW.

If there's any truth in that Ruiz rumor, please make it happen. 8 mil coming in from the St. Maarten transfer means only 2 mil more is needed to land him. With a contract expiring in 2013 I can see Munsterman selling even if it's to us.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Officially it is only €6M with €2M contingent on some things happening.

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Happy that Twente won, I hate matches being decided by referee mistake!

Thank god that didn't happen today, although Ajax where the better side.

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    To quote JC, "Playing against 10 is harder than playing against 11 players. You know why? The team with 11 will think “ok, we can take it easy now”, while the team with 10 will think “we really have to work hard now".."

The final 30 minutes were some of the worst football that I have ever seen. Everyone wanted to be a hero and nobody wanted to do what needed to be done to get the 2nd goal. We get gifted a 10 against 11 situation and what happens, nothing! I found the two substitutions by FdB curious as Sigthorsson was playing quite well up front. I know he had words with Boileson and maybe there was something about his play that FdB was angry about. It is clear that Blind is not of sufficient quality either in the middle back or left back; he just makes too many mistakes. We played good football for about 40 minutes with nice crisp passing and good movement off the ball.

Eriksen disappeared for great stretches of the game in part because of some good defense by Brama. We got away without a proper holding midfielder and if we score 5 goals a game that's no problem. In tight matches it will be and I'm not convinced that we can go with this type of formation.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Ohooohooohoooo, ohohoho, singin Bryan Ruiz!

Seriously Twente were crap in the first half, De Jong clearly not a midfielder. We were better in the second with ten men, with De Jong moving to the striker position, and Leugers bringing more balance to the team.

I'm wondering if the ref spent half of today sewing three stars on his shirt or something. Thankfully bad refereeing doesn't upset Twente anymore. Experience won tonight.

While this is the meaningless fruit bowl it's always nice to beat Ajax in their own home. Sorry.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    No it's 8 mil guaranteed from what I've heard, Ajax asked for 10 mil while Roma started the bid with 6 and we've met midway in the end. :)

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Even if you don't believe me saying that he does not have a limited transfer clause (which he really doesn't) why would he join Ajax when he rejected offers from higher paying clubs in foreign leagues and accept an Ajax offer. Seriously never mind the transfer clause, why would you think Ruiz would want to join Ajax? He's been perfectly clear about his ambitions.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess we need to wait and see. Soccernet reported today that it was 6 and 2. Would be good if it was the straight 8.

17. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    As the story goes Ruiz had a 15 mil transfer clause, but Munsterman promised to lower it should they win the league. Twente won the league and 2 seasons into his contract the fee is now said to be 10 mil, also the same amount that was mentioned to be too steep for Porto. :)

Munsterman won't wait until next summer with 1 year left and with the sell-on fee in mind for AA Gent.

Our defeat today can be turned into a positive since the board may feel 1 more important reinforcement is needed. Mickey and Sigi did their job, but Ebecilio was lacking a bit.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You got the wrong person on this. I never said I wanted to see him at Ajax and I personally don't think we need him (but I said the same thing about Theo Janssen as well so my vote is pretty much ignored).

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I just think it's weird that some Ajax fans assume that Ruiz would want to join Ajax. This is a player who's always been clear about his intentions.

I predicted this would happen but still have no idea why Ajax are trying to get Theo Janssen to defend. Theo Janssen is great only when the team evolves around him and when he gets to decide.

Cracked me up to see Theo describe the Ruiz goal as a sunday shot btw.

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I don't think Janssen was the problem, aside from the PK. The subs didn't work out and then Ruiz scored after Daley's lacklustre defending.

Siem and Eriksen linked up well with Sigi and we were controlling the entire game as expected with this formation. It was missing Vertonghen that costed us in the end because we had to use Daley there (left footed, Ooijer is right footed). If it was up to me I say promote Denswil asap.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Sigi is going to turn out to be quite good. He's better on the ball than Huntelaar but doesn't quite have the predatory instincts yet. A year with Bergkamp and look out league!!

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    After seeing reactions here and on tv I would like to see that Berghuis yellow/red card again in a Youtube clip, because I saw a schwalbe in it, but now I will hold for it after I can see it a few times again.

De Boer choose a bigger chance of a good Eredivisie start over a bigger chance of winning this ''schaal'' with his substitutions. That's a choice, but do not bring that in as an excuse svp for losing. Twente played with 10 men for half a game. Being Ajax you need to win such a game let alone being able to end the game in a draw and go for AET or penalty's. So although the subs didn't help, there is no excuse in that department. Not saying de Boer specifically did, but to be clear and have agreement on that as the Boer brought it up in a post match interview with a high pitched voice (could be because of the noise from the stadium that got stronger in that moment, not sure)

Ajax started sweet. Nice combinations here and there. Big mistake with the 1-0 for Twente. 2 Defenders just keep standing there looking at the ball, instead of one following the running man. Nice goal from Tobi. Have not seen the whole second half, but playing high balls against Douglas/Wisgerhof is not smart.

I am looking at the coaches (both possible candidate's for my national team maybe) and have mixed feelings. Happy de Boer was able to out press and outplay an Adriaanse team, credit to him. Not happy de Boer was not able to change the high balls in the second half when the game was ongoing. Doesn't he have a ''verlengstuk'' in the field so he can chance the approach of the game? Worried me.

I also thought Ooijer looked weak at that second goal of Twente. Saw somebody blaming Blind, maybe right, but Andre didn't look good there either.

Oke, eerste tikkie wordt uitgedeelt door Twente, game on.

23. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Yeah I enjoyed watching Sigi play. Eriksen looks great on the ball but needs to practicing his shooting.

24. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Despite the loss, this game was encouraging.

25. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Exactly. Played them off the park despite the disappointing result and the less-then-perfect line-up and substitutions.

Personally I think the penalty given to Twente was a little bit easy. Players hold shirts all the time and the ball didn't even go near him. Are we going to give penalties with every corner as well?

The schwalbe from Berghuis should have just been ignored by the referee imo. If he would have just continued the play there would have been no discussion. It's also harsh to send of a young player for this while it could have just as easily been a reflex.