Ajax: The Drive For Five

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Since the new shirts are out and the schedule for next season just announced it seems logical to start a new thread!:)

We did not get a very friendly draw for the beginning of the season that starts on August 10. First three matches are:

Vitesse (h)
    AZ (a)
    PSV (h) and the first Feyenoord match is the sixth match in Rotterdam..

FdB is going to have to get the club ready to go from the start; tough schedule!!!

2. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Might aswell beat them first as last... :)

3. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    [​IMG]

Didin't know they were buddies...

DRB300 repped this.
  4. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    did anyone see Sky are launching Sky Sports 5.. which is a foreign only football channel. it has live coverage of serie A, bundesliga and eredivisie... currently states (in the email i received) there will be a minimum of one game from each league per weekend. sounds good to me!

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If Blind keeps having huge WC matches he is gone in August. Too few good left backs around.

BTV802 repped this.
  6. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How long does he have left on his contract? I would like to think that he's pure Ajax at heart and will stay here for a few more years, but with footballers, you never know.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    IIRC, Blind is under contract to 2017

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

[​IMG]

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hokey! Does Ajax not know what a contract extension is? Why are we still not signing players to long term deals after they prove their worth? Instead we wait for the world to take notice before trying to extend them, and then it's too late. If Blind wants to leave, a two year deal wont keep him here since we'd have to sell him next summer anyways

10. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    #10 BTV802, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    He did just sign a 3 year extension last summer. Perhaps that was the longest deal he was willing to ink?

11. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    perhaps, but it seems to be too common a thing for it to be just that the players don't want to sign for longer than that. It seems that the longest Deal Ajax gives anyone is 4 years, and that's usually to really young players

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I think it's to avoid situations like Mickey and Elham-doei. We've accepted that once they turn 23/24 they're more or less ready to go abroad.

Someone like Dilrosun (just turned 16 and scored the winning goal against PSV to clinch the A1/U19 title) however thinks he's old enough already and is on his way to Manchester City apparently. :(

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dilrosun will never play a first team match at ManCity. He will suffer the fate of Bruma and the rest of the dumb youth players who think they are better than they really are

14. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nobody is talking about the situation with Robert Muric. Anybody have insight on this? Seems to me that he was free to move to any club he wanted and that Dynamo Zagreb is just salty that he won't sign a new contract. Plus there are worse places he could go than to a club like Ajax where he has a chance to play as a youngster if he is good enough.

15. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @cromagnum - Do you know anything about this kid/situation?

16. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Siem off to Newcastle for 9m

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is that a good price? People happy with the money?

It is still silly to see Ajax sell to a club like Newcastle but I guess times change.

18. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #18 TFC Ajax, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    I'd have been happy if we paid them to take him. He's a roadblock for players with potential and his experience and "leadership" doesn't make up for it. This must be the first time that I haven't been sad to see the captain sold.

Edit: but yes, considering what we've been getting for our other players recently, I'd say 9m is a very good price since he isn't anywhere near the quality of Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, or Anita, yet we probably averaged around 9m on those sales

BTV802 and JC-14 repped this.
  19. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Very good price for a one year contract. Especially for a player who had a poor season and who had lost his place in the first XI.

Siem has been a servant to the club and had an important part in the the first three championships of De Boer. I don't think he can play at a higher level than Ajax or become an NT regular. He has won prizes, played in the CL, now it's time for him to cash in and become financially independent. Newcastle is a complete mess, but the money is good in the EPL, even at the bottom end. That contact is will probably net him around 15m to 20m euro over 6 years.

sonicdream repped this.
  20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I feel badly for Siem going to such a dysfunctional club but we all knew he wanted to leave this summer.

21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Good chance now for Lucas Andersen to emerge this upcoming season. His skillset much more suited for attacking midfield than on the wing.

22. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    With a bit of luck Suarez will move to Barcelona which means payday for Ajax and Groningen.

23. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    We get at least 6,5% (5 percent being the least likely amount of sell on fee and 1,5 for his years with us). Here's hoping the sell on fee is actually 10% or more. :D

Ajax will play Real Sociedad on the 19th and Benfica on the 27th (for the Eusebio cup). Looking forward to both!

24. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Now that Moisander has been named captain and appears to be focused on staying, the Viergever purchase is a bit quizzical. I guess he serves as depth at both CB and LB so it's either less opportunity for Denswil or Dijks. Maybe Viergever is our next van der Hoorn and will have a nice pay rise to sit the bench.

25. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's still quite possible Moisander will leave. There was an article about that on Ajax netwerk today.