Ajax 2015-16: What Will Frank Do?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nowhere near as good as promised? I think that Sinkgraven should be given a bit of leeway given how he's been handled since moving to Ajax...he's looked very good in midfield though and remember he only just turned 20.

2. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He has not convinced me so far, also as a midfielder. and 20 in not a young age for a Dutch talent.

JC-14 repped this.
  3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree on Sinkgraven. I too thought he was better. To me he seems really insecure on the pitch. In his defense, he started the season pretty well as left attacking midfielder next to Klaassen. It started going downhill when Frank decided he wanted to play with a #10. Sinkgraven had to play defensive midfielder, made 1 mistake that cost a goal and then was banished to left wing. While a guy like Gudelj is allowed to make multiple dangerous mistakes every game... :rolleyes:

We should have gotten Ziyech. He would have transformed this Ajax I'm sure.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^I really didn't watch AZ that much last season and Gudelj is pretty much a mystery to me. He's not very good on defense yet FdB plays him in the holding position. I know he's on the Serbian NT and has seen some action but I don't know how he is used there. IMO Klaassen is a better defensive MF than Gudelj as evidenced by the time he played there last season when he was nursing the injury.

5. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's the nail in the coffin of the revolution. I have no hope anymore

7. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It's ironic that the only person in the Ajax management who actually performed will be sacked.

Orange14 and JC-14 repped this.
  8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
  9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Great. Another possibility to get Dutch football back on track shot down. I hate how bureaucrats and people with lack of imagination always have a way to win from idealists in organisations.

10. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Was it ever different?
    In the end it's always the ones with imagination who really advance Dutch football, the rest are just there to bullshit along the way and come in and take credit at the end. I don't know who will follow up Jonk, bet we will watch that person come in and take credit for Nouri, van de Beek, etc and no one will know, except the ones that follow the youth like us.

Btw, Jonk is a ********ing idiot for letting it come to this. I don't know what happend, but there is no way he can justify this. 5 years of work down the toilet!

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He didn't want to play the necessary politics. It's too bad as he was the key figure in getting the youth system on track. Ajax as a publicly held corporation is complicated and it's always hard to run sports teams this way. They tend to have organizational structures that are not capable of making unified decisions. It appears that the other key management people did not like Jonk's outspokeness. This ultimately will hurt the team.

12. I donot believe it to be that dramatic. After all WJ had all the space to manouvre in to realize his views on the youth. Otherwise he would have been stopped already. So his work with the youth wasnot the problem. But if you want to extend your(=JC) vision into the first team you have to convince and cooparate. Not put your fist on the table that this is the way Cruyff wants and I want it now and then walk out when they donot listen and then refusing to communicate with the one who's in charge of the whole thing.
    So I do expect the youth simply go on the WJ=JC route.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Jonk doesn't accept his resignation. Tomorrow a lot of shit is about to go down.

14. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm supporting Team Jonk for the good of Ajax and Dutch Football. Hope it ends in his favor!

15. I donot think it will. WJ has created the perfect situation for getting fired. He refused to communicate with the rest of the staff and with the mangement of Ajax. You are an employee, you cannot do that. He created what the judge will deem as an unworkable situation.
    Sad for football, but that is the way it is.

16. I hope you donot give up on him! Confidence only needs to be boosed. It isnot a footballing flaw, which would be harder to mend.

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I agree. I have given up on Frank though. I don't think Sinkgraven will flourish under him.

Most of the staff at the Toekomst have send an open letter expressing their support of Jonk and demand that he will be reinstated.

Cruijff in de Telegraaf has expressed his support for Jonk, said that he hasn't been informed about anything and that they should stop abusing his name if they continue to ignore him.

http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/hoofdnieuws/91794/cruijff-misbruik-dan-niet-meer-mijn-naam

Piet Keizer stated that Plan Cruijff hasn't gotten a fair chance because those in charge are going their own way. He says this is far from over.

Keje Molenaar has said that the wrong man was fired.

Tomorrow is the AVA where every share holder can ask questions from the board of directors. A lot of people are expected to show up.

18. Isnot he a member of the board of supervisors?

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The problem is that only about 8% of the shares are owned by the general public. There are two larger shareholders who own about 8% each and the remaining 72% is held by the corporation and is in effect supporting the status quo. I honestly don't think things will change that much and it will take a total boycott of Ajax home matches to move the needle (which probably won't happen either).

The la Ling report referenced by thatkid is quite damning of the current structure. Bergkamp comes across like a total fool and I now know why he looks like a stone duck on the bench during matches. It was a huge mistake for the management to have moved former players into positions of power (Overmars, FdB, van der Sar) in this kind of structure as they really are not being held accountable at all.

21. That was what Piet Keizer said on television. He had a talk with JC after he won the battle and wanted to convince him to go for quality, not loyalty, but JC said this is the way we will do it. So the guys that are now running the show got in.

22. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    So what happened? I read that Jonk refused to quit and the other youth coaches/staff support him. JC wanted his vision but he picked all players who have tie with LVG to implement his vision. Is it true that Jonk siding with JC vs Van Der Sar/Overmars/FDB who choose LVG's ways? Now JC also stepped down. What a mess!

23. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #499 thatkid, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Overmars want Ajax A1, A2 and B1 to be part of "betaald voetbal" section of the club. In other words those youth teams will come the jurisdiction of Frank and his assistants.. This is crazy.

Nothing happend. Johan and Wim Jonk lost. Overmaars and van der Sar said that they will continue with "plan Cruijff" without those two. And that they have their own interpretation of plan Cruijff.

24. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Thank you. Perhaps we were deceived all along. Since Cruijff pulled out, he probably does not want his name to be used. The plan now is renamed "plan LVG" which it was from the beginning (which Cruijff did not know). JC may won the battle with the board but he lost the war because he picked the wrong people for his vision.

Keko repped this.