Ahn to La Liga?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by otterulz, Jan 10, 2003.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    the whole AM and Ahn business has been going on for quite a while now.

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess it's nothing more then just rumors?

4. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    well, Atletico IS seriously considering it as they're gonna open a board meeting to discuss on the 14th. But I'm skeptical as Ahn's price tag is way too expensive. Even if AM decides to accept E-player's proposals, E-Player will have to get the consent from the PM which ultimately has the right over Ahn.

5. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    I've given up on keeping tabs on Ahn's progress. Personally, I think he is the most talented player in the South Korean squad, but he made the biggest mistake when he decided not to go back to Perugia. Had he gone back instead of being a stubborn schmuck, he would have been successfully transfered to another European club without much hassle.

Simply put, he dug his own career grave.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    What are you talking about. If it were you, would you have gone back? Personally, I'd rather have a good time playing in Japan or Korea as opposed to recieving down-right pure insults from a drunk 80-year old Italian and a coach that never played him.

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Perugia's actions were just a big slap in the face to Ahn. He never asked to get sacked the first time around, and when he wanted out, they tried to keep him there. It was just a big stupid battle that the Italian side handled poorly and without class. What good would it have done for Ahn's career, playing for a side that doesn't even really want him? Not to mention the tons of crap he'd probably have to go through.

8. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    If not now, I'm sure that by the start of this fall, Ahn will be playing in Europe. Just wait. And I too believe Perugia simply was not an option.

9. InMotion

InMotion New Member

Sep 27, 2002
    New York, NY
    Considering the press that the Atletico board met on Tuesday, Jan. 14 to discuss, among other things, what to do on Ahn, something should come out soon. I frankly bet that the money E-Players wants and what Atletico is willing to pay are substantially different. Is the Japanese agency that arranged the Shimizu deal causing any difficulty, given that he is trying to leave in the middle of his one-year contract?

10. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    There was no doubt that the actions of Perugia's Gauchi was downright ridiculous and obnoxious beyond all belief, but think of it this way. Had Ahn been a bit more patient and thoughful, he would have forseen the complications to come. He should have ante'ed up and return to Perugia. So what if Perugia would have cashed in with the post-world cup transfer fee. At least he would have been out of that club for good and to another European club.

Even with his hurried declaration to move on out of Shimizu was a hasty move. Even before he was officially put on paper to be transfered to Atletico, he announced he was getting the hell out of the J-League. What do you think the perception of the Japanese will be when and if the Atletico move falls through and he returns to Shimizu. I can assure you, there won't be signs of welcome from the Japanese.

All of the problems he's having now shouldn't be going on with his professional career. I find it depressingly ironic that the most talented Korean player is also the one finding it most difficult in getting arrested with a European club. At the end of the day however, all of this is due to one man and one man only and his name is Ahn Jung Hwan.

11. InMotion

InMotion New Member

Sep 27, 2002
    New York, NY
    Some guy posted on the E-Player's website that Ahn JH will remain at Shimizu through May and go to Atletico de Madrid in June, based on an MBC Sports News report. Is this a done deal?

12. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    10 mil deal isn't that easy to be solved, isn't it? I think it's a wise decision for Ahn's career. He could have faced all sorts of similar problems like he had in Perugia if he'd decided to go to A.Madrid in haste.

All he has to do, while he stays at Shimizu for 5 extended months, is to increase his market value by scoring some goals. Then he could find himself in a favorable position when the negotiation process with A.Madrid take place again. A provisional contract with A.Madrid, in which his agency is planning to do right now, might be a good option.

13. InMotion

InMotion New Member

Sep 27, 2002
    New York, NY
    I agree with your assessment. I was just checking whether in fact Ahn and Atletico had agreed anything that could be considered binding?

14. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    also, PM is more likely to loosen up the $3,100,000 maginot line as they'll be gaining more $ while Ahn's additional few months of stay in Japan.

Only one problem remains, by the time it's summer, a lotta FAs will come out in the market.