Agudelo Accepts Contract!!

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Blue Note, Nov 17, 2009.

1. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Agudelo Offered Contract?

I actually think it is more an issue with the language of the contract than the price. At least, that's what I got from reading the quotes.

2. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who in MLS decides what they offer players anyway? I mean, that's a lot of power if I understand how it's done correctly. Is there just a braintrust of soccer people who come up with a figure on what each player on every team is worth

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Only half the equation. Remember, most players have agents, so the agent will also "help" them determine the player's worth.

Agudelo has Waxman.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

interesting tweet from brian lewis:

@NYPost_Lewis
    Juan Agudelo hasnt signed with MLS yet, but says he expects to and "Its looking more and more like this is where Ill be"

5. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good this kid could be the next Jozy for us.

6. usbfc

usbfc New Member

Sep 8, 2000
    New York City

Hope Jerry Maguire over there got a handshake from Agudelo's dad because I hear his word is stronger than oak.

7. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's early yet, but i'm expecting him to be better, sooner (younger), than Jozy. Not pressure Juan :p

8. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Would that make Millionarios Bob Sugar?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moRXBFT1tbQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Jerry Maguire - Matt has already signed with Sugar[/ame]

9. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With Ibrahim Salou supposedly signed (see www.metrofanatic.com), I hope we can finally sign Agudelo. Does anyone have any info on this situation? I think it is still critical that we don't fail to sign him as he is currently the symbol of our academy and hopefully a star of the future if not near future. I thought he looked very good in the game against Santos showing great maturity, good off the ball movement and passing.

10. socceramerica1

Feb 1, 2007

Yes his contract will be signed this week.

11. guyricardo

guyricardo Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Newark
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just double-checking. You are talking about Agudelo here, right? If so, good to hear that it's finally happening. I guess they where just waiting to get the CBA out of the way.

12. bige(redbulls)

bige(redbulls) New Member

Feb 27, 2008

Guys, I really think it is Backe. If you looked at my last thread with the post game video all he kept talking about was this kid an how he has such a future.( I don't know, thats what I think.)

13. ELREYDECOLOMBIA

ELREYDECOLOMBIA New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  14. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Victory dance!!

15. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
  16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    great news, and he's totally roster exempt....bravo.

17. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Credit where credit is due the moves that Soler and Backe are making are calculated, well thought out and professional. They are accessible to fans and media and quick to answer rumors and speculation. Compared to the previous clowns in charge, one of which is still employed by RB why i don't know, the difference is night and day.

Congrats MLS on finally signing one of our kids to a GA deal. I guess after signing Najar you couldn't use the excuse that there were no funds left in the GA kitty or any other nonsensical excuse. Now all we need is for Garber to change the DP rules and lower the cap hit to teams so that LA can do something about getting another DP to replace Beckham, it's doubtful people paying full priced tickets in La La land will be interested in watching MLS parade Beckham around in a foot cast, which in turn will help us in signing Henry, Ze Roberto or whoever else Soler has in mind.

18. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic news. I know it's early but I really like the moves Solér and Backe have made so far.

19. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The quality of our academy and the giant and diverse youth player pool we have to sift through in the tri-state area is going to pay huge dividends over the next decade.

I still don't understand the Chirgadze thing. Never heard of the guy before he was signed, and haven't heard from him since. I know he's injured now, but what was the point of making him the first academy signing if he was so not-ready-for-primetime?

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    here's hurt long term now. There was something when he signed (and DC signed a homegrown keeper late last yr) they they'd be roster exempt but not eligible for game action last season.

MLS is putting together a committee to reconsider the reserve league system which I think is where Chirga would spend most of next season, that or on loan to an A-League team. And thats fine, thats the way to build your ranks/system up. Not every youth star is an instant first-teamer.

21. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But with all the hyped-up options we had (Kassel, Hines, etc.), this guy just popped out of nowhere and hasn't gone anywhere.

22. NYCfan

NYCfan New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was signed by the mental midget, who is now a "scout" or some such and the chimp in charge "el profe" who is no longer in the country. No surprise really. Worst case he gets released and someone else is signed next year, best case he turns into a player.

23. jcr3

jcr3 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather reserve judgement til later. So far, it seems that they have made the right decisions. If you watched the Philly Seattle match, Zimmerman did not even get into the match plus so far I have to say our team looks good. The Red Bulls were initially criticized by many experts on drafting Ream and passing on others by drafting him (3rd degree, and various other websites). They got this guy very cheap so not much downside. We'll see. I saw Kassel play in one game for MD and at least for that game, he didn't impress me. We'll see.

24. foolovsky

foolovsky Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Zimmerman Joe Vide 2.0?

25. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Backe and Soler seem to be interested in working with players who can make an immediate contribution rather than a contribution two or three years down the line. That makes sense. We don't really have the roster room in MLS to keep too many "project" players.