Again, once again, PLEASE understand:we're just not that good USA v ES [R]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Karl K, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    The thing is - that crowd gets into your head, and makes the home team better. There's a very good reason El Salvador looked like the quicker team tonight - and it's not that they actually are. Their crowd elevated them

2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Do what?

3. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Yep. U.S. really needed to take control of the game early. After they allowed the goal, though, seems like the whole atmosphere of the place was really intimidating them.

4. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    [​IMG]
    Usually ends in a 1-1 draw. :)

5. ty webb

ty webb Member

Aug 28, 2005
    NYC
    How much have you had to drink this evening? :confused:

6. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, yeah. I can see the packed, intimidating crowd in the background there.:rolleyes:

7. Diegan

Diegan Member+

San Diego FC
    United States
    Sep 18, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is that?

8. Diegan

Diegan Member+

San Diego FC
    United States
    Sep 18, 2008
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if you are trying to draw a comparison between a World Cup Qualifier against the regons giants and a friendly during the game involving a club team that not that many probably support.

Because if you were it wouldn't be very smart.

9. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Yeah, nights like this one really make me wonder how much better the country could be if a mass audience got as excited for U.S. soccer as they do college basketball. Then again, nights like Feb. against Mexico make me be thankful that the team has reached the level it has despite the game's standing in the national sporting landscape. Gotta take what you can get. Unfortunately, the team offered nothing to get excited about tonight.

10. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    In Rio against Necaxa in 2000. Man United told the FA cup to stuff it and went confident of victory in a new competition. It didn't turn out well for them.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/football/593722.stm
    Must have been the environment, eh? It wasn't a friendly and the crowd clearly had nothing to do with it.

11. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX

Can the mods card someone for just being an arrogant ass whose posts drive me up the ********ing wall?

12. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bingo.

13. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Mexico game, SK was asked to play a d-mid position, something he's not accustomed to. He played fine.

In this game he just sucked.

14. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    How mature!

Now go back to sticking your pins in whatever doll YOU stick pins in.

15. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Awww...poor baby.

Does it hurt and have a temperature??

16. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Now, don't go and be all rational here, otherwise people will be screaming for the mods to give you a card.

17. JackStraw

JackStraw New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    This is crazy talk. The reason college players look like they have a better touch and tactical sense is because they're playing against other college players. The better your opponents are, the worse you look, and versa vice.

18. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was my understanding the two central mids share responsibilities.

19. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Nope...just totally sick of your arrogant know it all posts. Actually though, I have been sick of them for at least 10 years. Way back to the Armas days.

Regardless, we all get it. Our national team isn't any good. Our player pool sucks. We are lucky to get any points in the hex ever, let alone on the road and we are obligated to start Chris Armas in midfield. Also, you are always right, and everyone on this board is a moron.

We are just lucky that you get to come in here every so often and tell us about it and teach us oh wise one.

Thank you for taking so much time, energy, and effort to educate us. Where would we be without you?

20. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    I don't know which Panama game you remember but we beat them 3-0 away in the last hex:

http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_182973.html

21. cldiscodan

cldiscodan New Member

Feb 12, 2002
    It's the HEX, people. We win at home and tie on the road and we make it to South Africa easily....it's always the same. There is always a game like this in Central America. This is no big deal. Howard was out. Onyewu was injured. It wasn't our best lineup by a longshot. That being said, if the USA doesn't get a favorable draw in South Africa then we shouldn't expect to make it out of the first round. There are 15 national teams out there that are better than us.

22. toddk15

toddk15 Guest

Only 15?

23. CHthirteen

CHthirteen Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Chicago
    carlos bocanegra is appaling to watch. anyone should've started in his place. DeMerit, Parkhurst, a goat, a plastic bottle, a ghost, or maybe the US should've just played with 10. i hate this man.

24. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Some people are overreacting. It was an awful game tonight, but we're better than what we saw. If anything, we might look down the road at this tie (and at least we salvaged a point) as a blessing in disguise.

Spector may now get a look at LB. Relax guys, eight games to go.

25. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    can the mods card someone for being aggravated by a perfectly reasoned post regarding the realities of concacaf wcq away games and the usmnt's limitations?