After ALL these years

Discussion in 'Referee' started by mutinywxgirl, Sep 16, 2007.

1. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I'm finally getting my 2008 badge today!

Wish me luck on the test - but I feel pretty good about it - I've had a good education for the past 6 years, so the course is only formalities. There is one assignor in the class, and she wants to start using me Jan 1st, along with some other local ones. For now, I'm going to only do youth, however, I may venture into a few of the older groups in a year or so. I do want to hone my skill, but I have NO crazy ideas of advancing through the ranks - I'm too old! LOLOL

So, finally, I really AM one of the guys. :eek::):D

2. Yellowshirt

Yellowshirt New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Best of luck to you! We need more female referees out there!

Let us know how you did!:)

3. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I got a 93, the highest in the class. There was one kid, though, who got a 90 - good for him!

Hey, if I had gotten less than a 90, I would have been VERY upset wtih myself!

So, I officially have my 2008 badge now.

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lisa, I needed you this weekend. After doing mostly 3 certified refs for the last several years (including lots of high school games), I did a U14 rec girls game yesterday. With a major tournament in town, not surprisingly, no ARs appeared so I got a parent from both teams. The lady on the team side consistently pointed the wrong direction. After several calls, I figured out she was pointing the wrong direction. On the side, the man usually pointed away from the field - I think it was his signal that the ball went over the line. Fortunately, it was a big field, and they rarely kicked it far enough to go into touch.

5. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats, Lisa! :)

Remember to have fun out there. Smiling confuses the hell out of people. ;)

6. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lisa, good luck and welcome to the fraternity of referees. Hope you are well.

7. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Thanks everyone!

And yes, I will remember to smile. I ALWAYS smile. :D

Things are quiet at the moment, so that's why this was the perfect time for me to do this. I don't expect it to last for a long time, but we're enjoying it for as long as it's around. My brother should be entering Hospice care in several months. The folks are 86. Not much more to say than that.

Will keep you posted.