AFL, Round 1 {R}

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by babytiger2001, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    i watched the magpie game last night and saw highlights from the other games finally.

all i can saw is richmond looked really good, and the 'pies were flat. they seemed to be playing way too conservative.

Lions looked strong, no surprise.

oh, and geelong didn't look good at all.

2. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    That seems to be the way they go without Anthony Rocca...recall the Grand Final -- the Pies went all Collywobbles without the big man and no one was able to step into the breach.

3. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wayne Carey (Adelaide Crows) sure looked like an idiot getting penalized in a scuffle and continuing to fight despite referee intervention. And this, after he had scored an incredible goal across the face of the goal earlier in the match. Even would put Roy Keane of earlier days to shame with the uncontrolled aggression. But Carey is a veteran now, and I would have expected him to retire by now instead of behaving like a 20 year old.

How about Richardson for the Tigers? The big guy made some very good marks. Also, in whatever little hightlights they showed, Jason Akermanis (Brisbane Lions) hasn't lost many touches since the Grand Final.

4. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will gladly keep that in mind.

But at the moment, the news organisations here need me around. :)

In addition to my work for the Ballarat Courier, there are currently a few other news organisations looking to use me for freelance duty, at the very least. And not limited to footy, either.

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, we certainly didn't.

Mark Thompson is tactically inept and naive as ever-- and the only thing that game proved to me is that Geelong, through Thompson's coaching, are repeating many of the same types of errors with the same core group of players that they've been making over the course of the previous four seasons.

Thompson should be sacked, after that pitiful display.

But he's still around to coach in Round 2, unfortunately. And as I plan on being at Optus Oval for the match against Carlton, if the Cats show no improvement in terms of their on-field form, effort and confidence-- never mind the actual win/draw/lose result-- I'll gladly lead the chorus of those yelling for "THOMPSON OUT".