Afghanistan soccer

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Gerrit, Jul 31, 2005.

1. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    In the first day of the games:
    Herat 2 - Balkh 0
    Kabul B 2 - Kandahar 0
    Kabul A 2 - Baghlan 2

2. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Kabul B won the final of the eight top team national tournament from the host Jalalabad.

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    AFC CHALLENGE CUP 2010 QUALIFICATION

THE GROUPINGS

GROUP A
    Myanmar, Cambodia, Bangladesh*, Macau/Mongolia
    GROUP B
    Turkmenistan, The Philippines, Bhutan, Maldives*
    GROUP C
    Nepal*, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Palestine
    GROUP D
    Sri Lanka*, Pakistan, Chinese Taipei, Brunei Darussalam

http://www.the-afc.com/eng/articles/viewArticle.jsp_168494040.html

4. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005

I just read your entry about Obama.
    I must say, I don't trust that guy. I think he's more dangerous than bush. At least Bush would say whatever was on his mind but you never know with this guy.
    btw, you're a good writer, I need to start writing Farsi before I forget :D

5. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    Afghanistan has a good chance, no?
    Palestine I don't know
    Nepal, easy
    Kyrg, easy

6. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Palestine is a very good team. It just depends on what sort of preparation we will have before the tournament. When we have been allowed enough time to train together we can compete with most Arab countries. I think we win this group with little trouble.

7. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    yeah definitely.
    I was thinking Afg as the second team

8. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Oh, it is nice to see another tournament Afghanistan participates. I think the draw for Afghanistan is not bad. It all depends to the ability of Federation to bring the Afghan players who live abroad and make some preparatory games. :)

9. arash

arash Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Its funny, because i honestly believe if Aghanistan could have that chance to play soccer, to have at least a federation even like Iraq's in these situations of war etc...

Afghanistan would have a lot to say in Asian soccer...
    Not a joke here...

They would have A LOT to say...
    Afghan players would be quality players, very much alike to the Iranians and Iraqi's they would be extremely skillful and powerful players...

I mean for the sake of it, they have thousands of Afghan soccer players spread all over Europe.....
    If they ever were to return to the scene, they would have a large pool of "good" players to pick....

I myself don't like Afghans but in a soccer perspective i am giving my honest opinion here...

10. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    I don't understand why two countries who are practically brothers should hate each other. I also don't like a lot of Afghan people's attitudes (many are EXTREMELY religious) but look at the way we treat them in Iran!!! Many of us just use Afghans as scape goats in Iran.

I think many years of corruption in both of our countries has made us crazy.
    I've had my fare share of fights with Afghans on the internet but in real life I find Afghan people VERY polite and hard working. I just don't understand why Afghans are so religious.

11. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Well, I don't think if Afghans hate Iranians. The wrong perception Iranians have about Afghans might come from the fact that they only see those Afghan refugees in Iran who are mostly illiterate and are just seeking for work in Iran. Besides, I don't think that all Iranians have the same attitude toward Afghans.
    If you want to get a better sense of what Iranians and Afghans think about each other, you can check this link on BBC Persian website: http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/ws/fa/thread.jspa?forumID=7981

By the way, let's not talk other than sport on this forum.:)

12. nimrooo

Jan 16, 2005
    sorry, I'm just really interested about the Afg-Iranian relationship

btw thanks for the link it look very interesting :)

13. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Afghan U 16 team has traveled to Germany for a training camp from Feb 9 to Feb 22. The training is provided by the German Football Federation.

14. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    As previously reported that the game of group C qualifying round AFC Challenge Cup 2010 will be held in the capital of Nepal, Kathmandu. Today, AFC approved the exact date, place and time of matches.

March 26
    Nepal - Palestine 13:00
    Afghanistan - Kyrgyzstan at 15:30

March 28
    Palestine - Afghanistan at 13:00
    Kyrgyzstan - Nepal at 15:30

March 30
    Nepal - Afghanistan at 13:00
    Kyrgyzstan - Palestine 15:30

All games will be held at the central stadium in Katmandu - Dashrak

http://ffkr.kg/art/93.html

15. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    If we look at Afghanistans prev games, it shows hot and cold and the need of our German based players...

6-0 loss to Malaysia (Merdeka Cup 2008)
    6-1 loss to Serrie Leone u20s (Merdeka Cup 2008)
    2-2 Draw to Nepal (Merdeka cup 2008)
    1-0 loss to India (Afc Chellenge cup 2008)
    5-0 loss to Turkmenistan (AFC Challenge cup 2008)
    4-0 loss to Tajikistan (Afc Challenge cup 2008)
    2-2 draw to Sri Lanka (SAFF Cup 2008)
    2-2 draw to Bangaldesh (SAFF Cup 2008)
    3-1 loss to Bhutan (SAFF Cup 2008)

Looking at these games, the latar games Afg only played with 2-3 German Based players, there needs to be a more influx of European based afghan players coming into the National Team... i have heard recent rumours that all of the German players have not been called up due to player disputes.. i hope all that gets resolved...

16. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Mohammad Ben Hammam, the AFC President visited Afghanistan and promised that AFC will build a stadium in Kabul, although many think these are just promises!

No update on National Team, except participation in AFC Challenge Cup from 26 to 30 of March in Nepal. I don't know if the Team has had a preparation camp before departure to Nepal.

17. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Results of Peace and Friendship Cup in Herat

Group A

Abu Muslim (Herat) 1 - Kam Air (Mazar) 1

Esteqlal (Herat) 5 - Abu Muslim 2

Kam Air - Esteqlal

Group B

Kabul Bank (Kabul) 4 - Turbat (Iran) 1

Kabul Bank 4 - Ansari (Herat) 0

Ansari 1 - Turbat 1

18. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    any updates on Afghanistan preperation in the SAFF cup?

19. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Although no news on preparation for SAFF is reported, the provincial leagues are improved this year. Most of the national squad are playing in those teams. In addition, the new refurbished Ghazi Stadium seems to have the standards of SAFF national stadiums now which makes them more prepared for international games.

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Updates about Afghanistan team for SAFF Championship ?

21. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    i wish i knew, only days away.....

i have a feeling it wont be a strong side, mainly players from the domestic league. Afghanistan do have a number of profressional players around Europe, but i guess costs of getting them to come and play for the national team is a bit expensive.....

22. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  23. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Dhaka, BANGLADESH - Afghanistan coach, Mohammed Farid stated that their main target is to show a good game against Maldives and India in the group stage. He noted that the team is with a lot of Afghanistan based players and three German based players.

“Our main target is to show a good football in the tournament especially against the teams like India and Maldives”

“Almost all the players except two players play in Afghanistan. Two players play in Germany for their league”

“We want our players to gain experience from the tournament and hope to improve the current squad”

However, coach Farid was left frustrated with the limited time frame for the preparations ahead of the tournament. Afghanistan started their preparations two weeks before the tournament kicks off and the coach feels that the time is inadequate.

“We don’t have much time to prepare for this tournament. We only had two weeks training in Afghanistan. And we don’t have any preparations abroad. But, we assure you all that we will show a good performance in this tournament”

Afghanistan will start against India on 5th December and will face defending champions Maldives on 7th before taking on Nepal on 9th.

http://maldivesoccer.net/v4/?page=story&id=2907

24. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    seems the coach has been changed from Mohammad Kargar to Mohammad Farid.....

i wonder which German based players have came for this cup...?

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    So Kargar never actually took charge of any matches???