Afghanistan Football Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by edrees, Oct 8, 2016.

1. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Yes, the first game against Syria, the Afghanistan team actually thought that we had a chance to get a win, 6 goals later, realised that it was just a fantasy.

I hope the new coach brings the strong mentality so the players dont get ahead of themselves thinking they are better than Vietnam or Jordan.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Masih Saighani has transferred to Türkgücü Friedberg. They play in lig.6 in Germany.

3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Well the likes of Singapore, India, Tajikistan, and Maldives have all beaten or had close games against Syria so it shouldnt be too crazy for us to expect a result vs them. But our players were both so nonchalant vs both India and Syria you'd think we were facing a Bhutan or Nepal. Though the performance vs India may have also had to do with the extra day rest.

If Otto Pfster ends up as coach I have confidence that he will bring the right mentality. Hes led the likes of Saudi Arabia to the World Cup and Ghana+Cameroon to the AFCON final.

edrees and sshah repped this.
  4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    APL needs to focus on developing defensive talents.

edrees repped this.
  5. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    We definitely need to expand the league (according to Lali that is the plan) however after conceding Shaheen were by far the better team. Also had a goal wrongfully disallowed. Progression is definitely still possible imo.

sshah repped this.
  6. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    It also didn't help that we played an injured Faqiryar in the first game against Syria.

Afghan-Juventus and edrees repped this.
  7. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Definitely, because even our best APL defender Hashemi had a very ordinary game against the Tajik club Hosilat. He made 1-2 crucial errors which nearly converted into goals.

I agree, Faqiryar was awful in that game, It was a good display in the return leg, at one point of the game, it was 3-2.

Now with Shayesteh playing in a stronger league than Thai Div 2 and Malaysia league, I am hoping he will become physically stronger and a better player.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Also having Sharityar and Zamir in defense

sshah repped this.
  9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Definitely not worthy of a place in the NT

10. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Yes I agree,
    Unfortunately not many players worthy of national team domestically.
    They seem the lack vision, positioning, simple passing and physical presence..

I hope Lali puts in place professionalism and a longer league for players to develop (better salary so football becomes their day job)

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I agree but regardless they should be given places on the bench imo.

Lali definitely needs to bring that to the APL.

12. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Nadiem Amiri with another assist for Hoffenheim today.

13. alizadazekria

alizadazekria Member

May 9, 2015
    IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0211.JPG
    The squad list for the trainingcamp. Some interesting players. Hopefully some of them will make it to the trainingcamp and won't get injured till then. Noor Husin recently said he isn't thinking about the national team right now so I don't know how he accepted it now? And Kouhyar still injured so that's also strange. Some players of the Shaheen Asmayee team and finally Allahyari in the squad! Sharza, Noor and Mukhammad also included. Shirdel is also on the list but doesn't even have a team!?

14. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Shaheen are leaving for Bangladesh on the 14th to participate in the Sheikh Jamal tournament.

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Very interesting and exciting list. Midfield is absolutely packed.

edrees repped this.
  16. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    My final squad of 22 players formation would be:

GK
    1. Oways Azizi
    2. Aimal Gerowal

Full Back
    3. Hasan Amin
    4. Modjeb Jamali
    5. Benjamin Nadjem
    6. Milad Intezar

Central Defence
    7. Sharif Mukhamad
    8. Masih Saighani
    9. Faisal Sakhizada
    10. Sayed Hashami

Central Midfield
    11- Abasin Alikhil
    12 - Noor Husin
    13- Faysal Shayesteh
    14- Farshad Noor
    15- Mazier Kouhyar
    16. Kani Taher

Wingers
    17. Milad Salem
    18. Omid Popalzay
    19. Jabar Sharza
    20. N.Amiri

Striker
    21. Khaibar Amani
    22. Zubayr Amiri

sshah and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I like the squad however imo we must have atleast 2 APL players. For me keep it the same but take out Hashimi for Farahi and find a way to fit in Reza Allah Yari into the squad.

18. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    Farzad Attayee is there I think. You should also remove Kouhyar who is not fit yet and Nur Hussein who has not shown a lot of interest for the time being.

Kawash should be also added as the 3rd keeper.

We should have 4-5 APL players.

19. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    By the way, it is a very difficult job to axe players particularly in the mid-field.

20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I have not been impressed with Farzad since 2013. Might be better to give the Atalan defender Farahi a chance. The only APL players who at really good enough imo are Faizi, Allahyari, and Kawesh.

I agree we should have as many APL players as possible. However

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    We are really blessed with an enormous amount of midfielders atm.

22. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    What does Monerulhaq Nadeem have to do to get an invite to the camp lol?

Regarding APL players, I think we have to play our absolute best team and that probably means leaving most of them out. Afghanistan can't afford an away draw to Cambodia, for example. I wish that they played a regular league schedule so they could be more properly assessed. As it stands now, it is very hard to include APL players over those who ply their trade every week in Europe.

I also hope Hashemi gets stiff competition for his starting spot.

edrees repped this.
  23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Hamid Karimi and Nadeem Afghanistan missed out on a great partnership which would have been superior to Arezou-Ahmadi from 2012-14

I dont think we will see any APL players in the starting XI (maybe vs Cambodia) however it would be a good experience for them to atleast be on the bench.

I definitely dont want to see Hashimi play. We either have to push Sharif back or start Sakhizada (which im all for)

sshah repped this.
  24. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    This is a critical time for Afghan football, we need our best squad to play in Asian cup qualifiers and if that mean no APL players then that's because they aren't good enough, simple as that.

The shaheen team that drew with the Tajik club was a really poor level football, I didn't see 3 passes connect by shaheen.

I don't know, I do want to see more APL players in the national team but they are just not good enough.

Lali should create a afghanistan national domestic team that plays all year round.. in order to develop them and allow them to play friendlies against neighbouring saff countries

sshah repped this.
  25. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I still hold a grudge against AFF for ruining Karimi. He looked competent even at the international level and was never picked again.