Afghanistan Football Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by edrees, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Okay looking at his squads vs Egypt in the 2008 AFCON finals and 2006 world cup vs France, it seems Otto's preffered formation is the 4-4-2. Maybe we could see something like this:

---------------Azizi-----------------
    Hadid--Saighani--Arash--Amin
    Amiri--Sharif--Farshad--Zubayr
    ------Shayesteh--Salem

edrees repped this.
  2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Looks like a good lineup.
    - also have names like
    Azodzoy
    Popalzay
    Taher
    Hushmand
    Jabar sharza

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  3. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    OFFICIAL: Faysal Shayesteh signs with Paykan.

[​IMG]

sshah and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    What position does Hushmand play?

5. azad_khan_afghan

azad_khan_afghan New Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What do you guys thinks about the following formation?

Azizi

Nadjem--Farshad Noor--Sharif Mukhammad--Hasan Amin

Norrla Amiri--Noor Husin--Faysal Shayaste--Omid Popalzay

Milad Salem--Jabar Sharza

I know Farshad Noor and Sharif Mukhammad are slightly out of position but I personally would prefer them over Saighani and Hatifie since both Saighani and Hatifie dont have clubs at the moment. Also, Farshad has played as a right back and a defensive midfielder in his career so I think he could perform well in central defence against teams like Vietnam and Jordan.

6. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005

Centre midfield

7. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    That is really unfortunate. His career hasn't exactly panned out the way he wanted but he still has talent.

8. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I think they are going to try Farshad at midfield first. It is a bigger concern since the midfield disappeared in most of our games.

9. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #109 +PL+, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Has he bleached his hair or he is a natural blonde? Some Afghanis from Nuristan are blonde.

He better show some quality because he can open a door for other talented Afghani players to PGPL and Azadegan league. The advantage for Afghanis is that you speak the same language and have similar culture.

10. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    According to the AFF he is from Nuristani, however his hair is bleached.

11. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Its especially a shame considering the level of the teams he's had trials with

edrees repped this.
  12. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Jamali has also transferred to Montenegro Premier league club.. Do not know the name, but its a team which is currently positioned to play Champions league or Europa League football next season

Afghan-Juventus and sshah repped this.
  13. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I think given the vast amount of talent we have in the midfield and wide positions, maybe a 532/352 formation could be used, the 532 is obviously focussed more on defending, while the 352 is more attacking, however, both starting lineups can play 532 and transition into a 352.
    Azizi​
    Jamali Saighani Hatifie S.Mukhamad Amin
    F.Noor Alikhil Shayesteh
    M.Salem J.Sharza

Azizi​
    Saighani Hatifie S.Mukhamad​
    F.Noor Alikhil Hushmand Shayesteh N.Amiri
    M.Salem O.Popalzay​
    I would think that the key to the Vietnam game is the start off conservatively. approach the game with ease but have a stronger focus on defending. As the game goes on, if its still at 0-0, we can afford to make some substitutions and as an example either take Amin off for a more attacking N.Amiri etc.

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    FK Decic currently third in Montenegrin league
    [​IMG]

15. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    352 requires insane amount of work from the wingbacks and B2B midfielders, imo starting Shayesteh or Amiri in that formation would be suicide unless put up top. I would also put Sharif as a DM as a top midfield is usually required for a 352 to work. We also definitely need a proper center back to partner Saighani.

I would personally go with:
    Azizi
    Saighani, Hashimi, Alikhil
    Hadid, Noor, Mukhammad, Takher, Amin
    Salem, Amani

edrees repped this.
  16. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    There are no foreign players allowed in Azadegan League as of now. In my opinion they should change the rule so only players from Central Asian nations can be signed. That will help neighbouring nations as well as increase the quality of the league without taking away oppurtunities from Iranian players.

edrees repped this.
  17. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Shaheens AFC cup game will be broadcasted by Tolo and Lemar. Pleasantly surprised

18. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Varzesh3 interview with Faysal Shayesteh (I translated only some parts):

Q: How did you come to Iran and join Paykan?
    A: I am very happy I am came and mainly I came because the Iranian League has a high level which can help me in my future. I am happy that I am in a country with a lot of my countrymen.

Q: Before you came to our country, what have you heard about Iranian football?
    A: I have some understanding of Iranian football. Iran has great players in European football such as Ghoochennejhad, Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun. I know of them and follow their games.

Q: Before you come to Iran, what did you think of our country?
    A: 2 years ago I came with Afghan team to play against Japan in Iran, but now I have a greater opportunity to see your country. Iran is like what I imagined and I hope to have good days in this country.

Q: When Afghan team came to play in Iran, a lot of Afghans went to support the team. Why is the reason behind such an interest for the Afghan team?
    A: Football is one of the things that makes the Afghan people happy. This sport causes the people to forget their hardships for 90 minutes and enjoy. I am very happy to contribute to the happiness of Afghan people. I hope to progress in a football in a way that Afghan people will be proud of me.

Q: With you arrival in Paykan, a lot of Afghans will support his team?
    A: I hope this is the case. When we came to Iran with Afghan team, our countrymen gave us great support, we were overwelhmed. I hope they also support me and come see my games in the stadium.

Q: From other Afghan footballers, are there any others that have the ability to play in Iranian league?
    A: Yes, we have talented footballers in Afghanistan, if they get proper coaching they can become good players. They have the potential to play in Iran and I hope I can open a way for other Afghan players to play in Iran.

Q: Do you think one day Afghan football can progress like Iranian football?
    A: Afghanistan needs time to progress in football. With 1 or 2 years we can't reach anywhere, we need time and investment. It is important for Afghan players to play in good leagues and become professional.

Q: In the days you have been in Iran, what is your opinion of the Iranian people?
    A: I am very happy to be in Iran. Iran is a neighbor and friend of Afghanistan and I always wanted to play in Iran. Since I arrived in Iran, the Iranian people have been very kind with me. They tell me they are happy that I am playing football here.

Q: Do you think about playing in a good European league?
    A: Yes, of course. Everyone needs a dream to progress and this is mine. I am 25 years old and I have oppurtunity to play in European leagues. When I was in Malaysia I wanted to play in Iran because your league is much better. From Iran I can reach European leagues. After playing in Iran, playing in Europe is my next dream.

Full interview for Persian readers: http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1391926/آرزوهای-کاپیتان-تیم-ملی-افغانستان-در-ایران

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Thanks for translating!

I for one will definitely be keeping up with Paykan games now that Shayesteh is apart of the team.

20. samuel4321

samuel4321 New Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am so glad that we FINALLY got farshad noor to play for us. I mean the guy is a legit full time professional footballer playing in the erdivisie. It's a shame it's not possible to get nadiem amiri otherwise our team would've smoked many of these low ranked teams. Anyways, what about mustafa Hariri? He's a quality player how come he hasn't been called up?

21. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Hariri has dropped down to div 6 in Germany, and already we have plenty of midfield options so I think he is not in line at the moment.
    But he is still young and hopefully can start playing at higher level.

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I agree, playing 352 or even 532 requires the wing backs / wingers and b2b midfielders to work overtime and consistantly run, which Sharif Mukhamad does very well.

I am just concerned that we will go into the Vietnam game thinking we are better than them and playing attacking football and leave gaps in defence.. I would prefer to play defensive, whatever the formation is.. to be cautious.

sshah and Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Exactly what happened vs Syria and India imo

24. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan

Shaheen down 1-0 but have been really impressive since going behind

25. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Not a fan of Shaheen, but I am glad AFF pulled their heads out of the sand and finally agreed to participate. Hope the next step would be a longer APL season. No one can realistically think Shaheen would pull off the victory with their last competitive game being 5 months ago.