Afghanistan Football Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by edrees, Oct 8, 2016.

1. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    I. Amiri ruined the squad, and so was he. He was not even on the bench and saw the match from the stands. The Germany based players had asked exclusion of Amiri or else they would not play. This warning was given on the day of the match. Despite a lot of pressure from the President of AFF, and even calls to their families, the players insisted on their stance.

I believe this should be the second end to his national football experience which costed us a lot.

The AFF decision to include him was totally wrong and now they have to pay for it. Most probably, Segrt will complain to FIFA and wins. That could be a good discouragement for other coaches not to become the coach of Afghanistan.

Afghan-Juventus and sshah repped this.
  2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    No coach will want to be coach of a team which they have no say over player selection. What was the AFF thinking? why include a player which will cost the sacking of a coach, and players to be unsettled??

Segrt is going to win FIFA and get compensation for his remaining term of the contract! The good case scenario is to allow Segrt to come back and coach the team (but who am I kidding, AFF will never apologize!)

Now we have Asian Cup qualifiers in March-17, and the team is currently in a state of problems.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  3. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I hope that Segrt sues the AFF for every last penny. Have them pay for three coaches at the same time plus whatever kargar and company are syphoning off.

We could see a boycott by the europe-based players.

4. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Shariatyar just accused Amiri and Kargar of match-fixing back in 2008. Here comes the FIFA/AFC investigation...

5. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Massive accusations, and it actually does look truthful.

I must say that I am extremely disappointed with the AFF!

I do hope there is a investigation and there is new president and Vice President. Total overhaul required and bring Lali in some capacity!

sshah repped this.
  6. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    If you remember around a year ago it was asked why Afghanistan is not taking part in Merdeka Cup. That time I said because it is not a clean tournament. There had been information on the issue of match-fixing even before the Nepalese players were banned from football. I am not sure how far this will go, but what is obvious is the tarnished image of our football.

edrees repped this.
  7. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I think a top-down overhaul is essential at this point. I would even go as far as saying a non-Afghan as head of the AFF in the interim will be necessary to oversee it.

8. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Well finally good news Shaheen will participate in the AFC Cup play offs!!!

We will face 2nd place Tajiki club Khosilot Farkhor. Hopefully the home leg will actually be played in Afghanistan.

edrees and sshah repped this.
  9. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I will believe it when it happens. This might just be the AFF posturing before elections.

10. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
  11. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Is the national team effectively dead? Three months to go and no fixtures have been scheduled, a coach who doesn't command the respect of his players, and who know which of our players would even show up for the qualifiers under the current circumstances.

edrees repped this.
  12. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    In another example of banana republic-style administration, the AFF announces the U-23 team almost three years before qualifiers:D

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    at this point iv decided that we just have to live with the fact that the AFF is filled with dickheads.

sshah repped this.
  14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    atleast shaheen will play in the AFC cup. Hopefuly its the actual Shaheen squad rather than a APL all star team.

15. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    It is a political move between AFF and the Olympic Committee, though they say the team will participate in the Islamic Solidarity Cup in Baku in May.

sshah repped this.
  16. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Ovays Azizi is currently trialing for a Iranian club in the Iran pro league.

17. stimory

stimory Member

May 13, 2008
    He is not selected. None of the foreign players are selected for Naft Tehran.

18. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    with the Asian cup qualifying groups being drawn around mid Jan-17, I am still waiting on news with AFF on the current vacant coaching issue, the team, and also the news around Islam Amiri...

19. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    The AFF hierarchy is in full panic mode right now due to the certainty of them being voted out in either March or April by the provincial associations, so I don't expect them to accomplish much.

And let's be honest here, it will be hard to find a foreign coach when they literally threw Segrt out of the bus because of a player who is now linked with match-fixing allegations. The AFF seems like a toxic work environment right now.

20. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I agree with you, looks like caretaker coach Anoush Dastgir will be given a permanent role, given that he has talked Farshad Noor into playing for Afghanistan. (AFF facebook page)

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    lol this is Afghanistan, everyone in the federation will still have their places after the election

22. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Better late than never, though we really could have used him 2 years ago.

23. sshah

sshah Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Kyrgyzstan, Hong Kong, Afghanistan and Bhutan will be the ideal group.:D

Need to avoid the Arab teams due to biased officiating

24. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    A plus is that both Lebanon and Yemen which are strong nations are in Pot 3 so we will miss them.

All team in Pot 1 are strong (even Kyrgyzstan ) but Pot 2 have teams which Afghanistan are able to beat, lets hope that the Pot 4 team is a weaker nation like Macau, Cambodia or Bhutan.

25. enayat983

enayat983 New Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It will be a good combination of teams so we will see how Afghanistan places in a great group.