AFC Women's Asian Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Lechus7, Mar 21, 2018.

?

2018 AFC Women's Asian Champions will be...

Poll closed Apr 6, 2018.
  1. Australia

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Japan

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Korea Republic

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. China PR

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Thailand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Vietnam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jordan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Philipines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Kerr with the advancing goal... for the second match in a row X-D

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh well, it was good... for as long as it lasted. :unsure:

Thai girls must be disheartened, this was an once-in-a-lifetime chance for them. :(

Now Japan has to make the final too to punish this really bad Aussie side. :ninja:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bottom line: they should have given one of the PKs to my Taneekarn Dangda: she would have surely buried it in. :coffee:

4. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    Thais will get murdered in their third place match. They put everything into this game vs. AUS.

blissett repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Well not counting Vietnam (they didn't know how to play physically stronger team) Australia scored only 2 goals within 300 minutes o_O
    They'd better open their bag with goals in time for the final match...:coffee:

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually 3. Or do you mean one was an own-goal? :cautious:

Anyway, I fear Australia. They look like the typical team that plays badly for all of the tournament and everyone wants to see them out, then they end winning the whole thing, after risking elimination at every stage. :x3:

7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yes

blissett repped this.
  8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I assume people are glued to their feeds, since we're already in to the second half of CHN-JPN an no comments yet! X-D

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The secret is that we, Nadeshiko fans, use to follow our games on Nadeshiko thread, the same way you use to do with USWNT.
    Want to join the fun? ;)

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I haven't ventured into the USWNT forum since 2012. X-D
    I like the more international flavor of things. Single-nation threads are too narrow (and surprisingly critical from all sides) for me.

blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, if you'd happen to not have a feed and want to follow, you can wacth the game here (comment in Japanese ;)).

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nadeshiko thread begs to be different. We use to have a good time in a very light-hearted way. :giggle: But I can understand your point of view,.

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am broken-hearted for poor Thais. So close! :(

I also happen to have a good Thai friend, so I am even sadder.

Well, at least, as a Japanese supporter, I won't have to beat these girls in the final: we can just take revenge for them on Aussies. :sneaky:

By the way, @hotjam2, where do you are? Wasn't it you talking about hiding under rugs? :laugh:

16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    there's not much else to say or interest for me other than what I all ready covered;

1) there's no stream or same day replays of the games to watch

2) it's been rather predictable as the 5 favored teams went through

3) I've been enough critical of the coach of the team that I like to follow; which is Staj, for his one dimensional tactics & starting his 2nd tier squad.which all ready proved a disaster when they lost & tied #34 Portugal

4) and with the one team I follow, they just don;t go deep; missing players like Foord, Raso, Harrison, Sykes(retiring) & as I've read, not a 100% Cately, probably makes them no more at top ten team.
    Australians tend to be multi sports. Their women are in the top ten in team sports more than an other country in the world(and that includes the USA). But popular to them, oddball sports like Australian Football & Netball takes away a lot of athletes that would of gone to soccer.

5) just like the Copa Femenina, the quality is just not there. At least two years ago at Olympic Asian qualifiers. we had 3 top ten teams(AU, JA & NKR). Now we only have one team(the injury plagued Matildas). I way prefer watching a tourney like the SBC where the four top teams in the world are playing each where(with all the games available to stream)

and just in case you feel that the Nadeshiko, are the underdogs, read what i wrote before the tournament started

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    streams were available according to my twitter timeline...

18. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #268 SiberianThunderT, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Nope to Q1 and Yes to Q2. FIFA always uses their own rankings, at least when the rankings have existed. Those are far more indicative of strength than a team being on a hot streak for some single month a year before the WWC. Australia won the 2010 AFC championship but was not seeded in the 2011 WWC - and the higher-ranked Japan understandably did much better than Australia did in Germany. (Similarly, ARG won the 2006 Copa America over Brazil, but neither were seeded in the 2007 WWC, though Brazil or DPK could have been if FIFA used the same procedure they did in 2011. Good thing ARG wasn't seeded, because they crashed out 0-3 with a -17 GD!)

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The few links given on this threat either froze up or had possible virus attached. The Aussie facebook page that had yesterday's game froze as well. Hopefully someone can give a link that works & is hassle free for the remaining games

20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    .....did you mean to quote me for that reply? I'm confused if so.

blissett repped this.
  21. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    I'm sure you will able to watch the final game from the link given by Blisset (a stream of the japanese channel TV Asahi)

blissett repped this.
  22. BVB3777

BVB3777 New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 18, 2018
    Hi everyone. I was following the Asian cup tournament and watched all of Thailand's group matches on a YouTube channel with Thai commentary. But then they took down all the matches before I got to see semi vs Australia. :( Does anybody here know anywhere I can see the full match posted somewhere? Thanks a lot!

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mmm, I haven't many connections with Thai posters here, and my Thai friend in real life doesn't actually follow football. But I'll look around and let you know.

24. BVB3777

BVB3777 New Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 18, 2018
    #274 BVB3777, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Hey I appreciate it. My Thai friend is the same as she doesn't follow sports. I also haven't seen any Thai national team threads here on BS.

25. bigsoccertst1

bigsoccertst1 Member+

United States
    Sep 22, 2017
    blissett repped this.