AFC WCQ prediction game

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by gettysburg32, Jun 22, 2011.

1. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really!!?? It is interesting to see that you are predicting Jordan victory for Sep 6. I thought you will be more positive for Uzbekistan NT in this match.

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Jordan will probably win this game. It's their home game. But they will lose away in Tashkent, mark my words.

3. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Jordan-UZB (sept 6)

1-1

4. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Usually, we play very bad, if there were no good preparation before a match. We had no friendlies before this match, and no training camp with main players. The main players are came together just a day before.

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Don't you worry. Even if you can't beat them in Amman, there is always the home game. I root for Uzbekistan, because I think they can make it further.

6. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    September 6th:
    Jordan 1-0 Uzbekistan

7. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    First Leg
    Jordan 2 Uzbekistan 1
    2nd leg
    Uzbekistan 3 Jordan 0

8. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn I missed it, for the return leg:

Uzbekistan 1 - 0 Jordan

9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Uzbekistan 1-0 Jordan

10. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second Leg:

Uzbekistan 2-0 Jordan

11. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    2nd leg

UZB 3-Jordan 0

12. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    2nd leg

UZB 1-Jordan 0

13. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #688 Matilda Maniac, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    If people don't specify, then I will assume the results are in Normal time, not in Extra time.

but of course all results where Jordan doesn't score HAS to be in normal time, because of the Away Goals rule :) . . . and my prediction:

Uzbekistan 2 - 0 Jordan

14. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan 1 - 0 Jordan

15. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #690 AIL1998, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    All fans voted on Uzbek victory against Jordan over two legs. Jordan finished third in group B with 10 points and Australia finished second with 13 points, Uzbekistan finished third in group A with 14 points.

Does not this show that the third team of our group was more deserve than second team of your group;)? Are not you convinced that now our group was tougher than your group and you were lucky to not be grouped with two of these 4 teams Japan, Korea, Iran, and Uzbek ;)?

I looked at one of old threads and it was interesting that your preference before draw was to be in Korea place. For ex, you wanted Iran and Lebanon over Japan and Oman. You were smart at that time b/c you tried hard to pick weak teams in your opinion at that time :D
    Anyway I think you should be happy that you did not group with two of these 4 teams Japan, Korea, Iran, and Uzbek. I preferred to be in Japan place before the draw.

Good luck in the WC 2014.

16. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    At the time of the draw I was quite confident we would qualify regardless of the draw, and my team preferences were based on who we had not played recently. Subsequent performances proved that my confidence was misplaced. I think we will need a lot of luck in the World Cup. For a while I wasn't sure if we had come back to the pack or the pack was improving. Whilst some countries have definitely improved, I don't think the overall strength of Asian football has improved, just some shuffling of positions. Our (Australia's) great players of the recent past have all peaked, and although they are capable of the odd good performance like the old days don't have the consistency any more or the pace to handle fast teams. The teams that gave us trouble in the qualifiers had some very fast players, but not the skill level of the team we played this morning. We need to get some new blood in the team shortly, or not only will we get hammered in the World Cup we will struggle in the Asian Cup in 2015. As host, it will probably be our best opportunity to win this tournament for some time.

AIL1998 repped this.
  17. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the bolded part your only reason or you had other reasons like the teams you preferred to face before draw were weak in your opinion at that time? I would like to be sure here. I agree with you on overall strength of Asia football. As you mention, Australia needs to be younger. Do you currently see new talents in the position and level of your current old players? In terms of age, I think Iran is fine for WC but we absolutely need to get some new blood for Asian Cup 2015.

Although no one likes heavy defeat but losing to Brazil is not a great sin. I remember Iran lost 3-0 against Brazil in friendly match before AC 2011. I think Neymar, Pato and Ronbinho scored the goals. I did not get sad at all because it was Brazil. Do not be too sad about it.

Do you think will Holger Osieck stay for AC 2015? Are you satisfied with him?
    I am not sure how satisfied you would have been with Carlos Queiroz if you were Iranian but overall I am happy with him. That is all I had for you my friend.

18. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As I said I thought we could qualify regardless of the draw. I couldn't see us coming worse than second whatever group we were in. Our coach actually liked our draw because apart from Japan he thought we got the weaker match ups at the time. I'm not sad about the loss, but looking at things realistically there are teams just as good as Brazil that we are likely to play next year. We have had reasonable records in the last two World Cups (1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss in the group stages) but would be lucky to get a point or two if the World Cup was now. There are some young players around, but not too many young defenders. Time and again its been seen that our best central defenders are still the old guys (Neill and OgnenovskI) but they get caught out against fast players. I've been happy with Osieck, he has done well with what he has got, but if we go as I expect in the World Cup then I think that he wont be around for the Asian Cup. I actually think players have more to do with performance than the coach.

AIL1998 repped this.
  19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Group A was really tough.. Korea, Iran and Uzbekistan were all capable of qualifying directly, so it was really exciting on the last matchday.

Group B on the other hand was disappointing. I expected a really tough group with Japan and Australia qualifying with ease.

Australia didn't convince me and they struggled a lot. Jordan finished third only by winning all of their home games and losing every away game badly.

Iraq could've been in the top 3 at least, had they not gave away the 1-0 lead against Australia or Jordan. Something I didn't expect in the beginning

20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Uzbeks have a legit chance of being in the WC. But it may be just 4 years too soon for them.

21. mdhm

mdhm Member

Southern District FC
    Hong Kong
    Nov 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    Sept 10
    Uzbekistan 2-0 Jordan (N)

22. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Sept 10

Uzbekistan 1 Jordan 0

23. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Uzbekistan - Jordan 0-0

24. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Jordan 3-0 Uzbekistan

25. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOL Jordan wins

I will enjoy wathcing Jordan get torn apart by the SA representative

P.S. UZB keeps up its reputation as Asia's biggest under achievers.