AFC U-16 Championship 2012 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Mar 30, 2011.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    dun dun dun...
    fresh off the oven:

Group A: Iraq, Iran, Bangladesh, Qatar, Palestine, Sri Lanka
    Group B: UAE, Kuwait, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Maldives
    Group C: Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Bahrain, Kyrgyzstan, India
    Group D: Syria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Nepal, Lebanon
    Group E: DPR Korea, China, Timor Leste, Singapore, Malaysia, Macau
    Group F: Japan, Vietnam, Chinese Taipei, Laos, Korea Republic, Cambodia
    Group G: Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Guam

link: http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournamen...34079-central-asians-bunched-together-in-u-16

i will surely wake-up to see every China vs. Malaysia game (stream and time permitting). :rolleyes:

timor leste did a good job during the 2010 qualifiers where they unexpectedly made it to the 2010 u-16 championship.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i know this is freakin old news (i dun have time to write it)

source: http://www.cfateamchina.com/en/news/all/china-qualify-for-afc-u-16

China qualify for AFC U-16 Championship
    2011-09-19 14:00:00

Pyongyang: China qualified for the 2012 AFC U-16 Championship after finishing second behind defending champions DPR Korea following the conclusion of their qualifying tournament at the weekend.

China had earlier beaten Singapore, Malaysia and Timor Leste to secure qualification alongside the tournament hosts with a game to spare.

But on Sunday, DPR Korea maintained their 100% record in Group E as Ri Kwang-song scored two minutes into second half stoppage time at Kim II Sung Stadium.

China had began the five team qualifying tournament with a 3-1 win over Malaysia on September 8 thanks to goals from Wang Jinxian, Zhang Xiuwei and Chen Kerui.

Wang and Zhang, along with Li Xiaoming, were again on target in the 3-1 win over Singapore two days later.

And Wang netted his third goal in as many games as China qualified with a game to spare as Liu Hao also scored in the 2-0 in over Timor Leste last Thursday.