AFC Champions League 2010

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by jonny63, Oct 20, 2009.

1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you are proving my point the more you talk.;) you STILL talking off topic. my attitude? are you my therapist or something? stop straying from football related talks dude.

2. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    ....in which I already proved (and everyone else here understood except you) that Zobahan is not quite the best subjectively speaking. They've been outplayed several times already. And they couldn't outplay Seongnam either as proven through stats too. So on what basis are you claiming that they are "safe to say that Zobahan is the best in Asia"?

How very bitter of you to slide in another excuse? :D Seongnam was missing 6 starters(including 3 specifically for the finals) and that was "admitted" by just about everybody. That's more than enough to offset the "home" advantage. That's if you're really bitter enough to nitpick the nitty gritty details at this point.

Talking about a "subjective" best team in Asia is really meaningless as the discussion will never end. Anybody can argue anything at that point, and anybody mentioning "safe to say @@@ is the best team in Asia at the moment" right after the ACL is over, is only a proof of bitter denial. And of course, as always, delusional.

3. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    1. That is not true as the stats show that Zobahan and Seongnam had similar number of chances. Zobahan lead the shots (15:14), Seongnam lead the shots-on-target(8:7), Seongnam lead the number of 1-on-1 chances (4:2), and overall Seongnam had a little bit more crucial chances.

2. By your logic, Zobahan would be far from being the 'best club in Asia' since they were outplayed quite a while ago. Pohang is currently 9th in K-League, but Zobahan was outplayed by them. Rajabzadeh got a red card for grassrolling. Do you not remember? Al Hilal? So how is it "safe to say"?

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Pohang only outplayed Zobahan for parts of the second match in Korea, and they started the grassrolling first, when they were leading 1-0.

By the way, Kudos to Seongnam for not resorting to grassrolling at all. They played fair and square, but lady luck was also on their side. It was their day, and they made most of it.

5. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Really, persianfootball is the only guy in denial. The more he denies, the sweeter the championship gets.

6. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Pohang can actually blame themselves for missing many great chances. Seol Kihyun's miss was the biggest blow of all. All he needed to do was tap that ball in and it would've been 2-0. There were several chances that could make them get away by 2 or more goals. Obviously luck wasn't on their side.

Having said that, Rajabzadeh's grassrolling was indeed one-of-a-kind. He got a redcard for that and even Zobahan's coach(Ebrahimizadeh?) agreed that it was worthy of punishment.

For Seongnam's case, their headcoach actually had a comment on that. When asked how he'll deal with the "bed soccer"(commonly known as grass-rolling here), he replied "instead of saying that it's not the right way, we have to make it so that they don't get to do it." And by that, obviously he meant scoring first.

7. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    That's pretty funny. Did he mention that it was his subjective opinion? :D

8. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Seol's famous miss shot against Zob Ahan in the ACL QF match was so unbelievable that some K-league fan made a parody of it :D

Seol's
    http://web.gesomoon.com/zboard/zboa...%F6&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=148489

There's an original version made initially back in June for our Lee Dong-Guk for his famous miss-shot against Uruguary in the R16 match of 2010 WC, haha
    http://www.ruliweb.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=61286&table=etc_wc03

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am not denying that Zob Ahan grass-rolled against Pohang, but it was actually the Pohang players who started it. And yes, Zob Ahan were indeed lucky that Seol was the one who took that shot, I mean it was the worst miss I have ever seen, he was all alone in front of an empty goal, yet he somehow managed to shoot over an empty net. :D

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    But to be fair, now that I think about it, the Nigerian striker's miss against South Korea in the 2010 World Cup, was even worse, and definitely more comical, than Seol's miss.

11. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I wouldn't agree that it was the worst miss, but it was clearly one of the worst misses of the ACL this year.

12. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Now that's more like it. That was an amazing miss. On par with the Shinkansen Derailment shot.

13. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Dammit. Brings back the memories. We should have won that game. Lee Chung-yong had a similar miss right after he equalized. Yet not many people seem to remember that miss. Only Lee Dongguk gets all the heat with his missed shot.

14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    You can't forget history, but your happy to omit Israel and Kazakhstan. Ok.

I was just giving evidence of the records since it was reformed to brea it down a bit more.

15. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    You can't forget history, but your happy to omit Israel and Kazakhstan. Ok.

I was just giving evidence of the records since it was reformed to brea it down a bit more.

16. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for compiling the stats. Interesting stuff.
    From what it seems, here you've counted a winner as a finalist and as a semi-finalist. Though that is correct factually, it is slightly misleading.

What I mean to say, is if you've counted Seongnam as a winner in your list, don't mention them as finalists and semi finalists. Mention Zob Ahan as finalists and not as semi finalists. The double counting works in countries with clubs who are traditionally 'big timers' in the ACL.

Just my 0.02$

17. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    God, you're sexy hot when you're angry.

18. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    why are you running in circles?:confused:

i already addressed this point. the lack of starters due to yellow cards is not an excuse. without their yellow cards seongnam would not have gotten this far. it doesnt work like that LOL. thats like your last defender committing a foul, getting a red, then saying 'we lost the match because we had 10 players.' LOL. you are going crazy that you are even making excuses after your team won! i see that this 'subjective' opinion of mine took you from a comfortable 'we objectively won 3-1 woohoo' to a crazed confusion.

19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    again, why are you running in circles? is it bothering you that much that you have to keep randomly responding to what i say 10 pages ago? LOL.

i already said seongnams chances came after they scored a random goal and got the 1-0 which forced zob ahan to get desperate and leave room at the back. therefore looking at overall statistics over 90 minutes to judge who 'outplayed' who is being simply naive.

why are you crying dude? just let it go! bringing up 10 page old arguments again... jeez. zob ahan lost and even im not saying anything! you won and you are still bitter! let it go. i think everything has already been said so im not going to respond to you anymore because you are simply running in circles.

20. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Not a random goal if the defense can't clear a free kick and/or corner and someone ungracefully bundles it in. Where's the goalie? Pretty sure they were kicking themselves after that - this from a defensively sound team that conceded very little goals during the tourney.

21. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    yea i said the goals were uncharacteristic of zob ahan. therefore it was a psychological issue. they lost their nerves. but who wouldnt when you have 10s of thousands of east asians yelling at you?:D thanks for reinforcing that another crucial factor of the win was due to the unfair venue of the final. as i said, its only fair if there is a 2nd leg put in lebanon.:D

but its ok, dont worry your pretty little head about it... you 'objectively' won and thats all there is to it! seongnam illwaaaaaaa chunmaaaaaaaaaa number 1 !!!!111 :D

22. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    If you're going to be the best you must find a way to win under all conditions.
    They've won away before but not this time. Sorry Charlie.

23. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    but that is just your subjective opinion of the qualities of a champion! you have any evidence? how many shots on target you got? any REAL chances there? :D

the 'objective' organization of a tournament must make it as fair as possible to all entrants!

24. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    As a true warrior the mentality should be...

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Good thing Zob doesn't look for excuses but maybe you can apply to be their PR person.

25. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    hokay dur mr 8 ball.:rolleyes: