AFC @ 2014 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by GoYoungrokba, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Obviously a disappointing WC for Asia Reps. Tactically i thought all 4 countries were poor.

Aust's selections and trying to entertain when they should have concentrated in being more organised and not give up soft goals.
    Japan pulling back against CIV when they were playing well and it all going downhill from there with not being able to score for over half a game against 10 man Greece. These guys were being talked up as winning the group and anyone who doubted that copped it.
    Iran for playing for a 0-0 draw against what looked like their easiest opponent in opening game against Nigeria.
    South Korea playing so open against Algeria and making them look better than what i thought they were.

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Easiest analysis ever:

Australia was all heart and no talent.
    Korea was all talent, but dumb coach.
    Japan was an overrated and over hyped living up to its full mediocrity instead of overachieving.
    Iran was ok in the first game, good in the second and pathetic in the last.

edrees and edlee1992 repped this.
  3. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    woah freaken spot on. too be fair aussies group was insane

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Not sure what makes you think Korea was all talent. The only players who showed they had any talent against the world's best was Son Heung Min and Ki Sung Yong.

Iranian players could probably beast up the Bundesliga if they had the same opportunities as the Koreans and Japanese.

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Your midfield and wingers are world class. You can dominate possession against almost every team in the world except a handful which should be enough to compensate for your terrible defense. You just suffer from a dumb coach syndrome who can't bring proper discipline to your defensive line.

True that, but the fact of the matter is that money has started to flow in IPL in the last 5 years or so and most of the players are simply too short sighted to take a paycut and a prospect of an international career over the comfort of their home, local fame, and huge pay cheques. Jahanbakhsh and Ansarifard are two outstanding examples from both sides of the argument. One is on his way to stardom and the other is on his way to Iran's Olympic ballet tryouts.

Chingoo repped this.
  6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    thats what you guys said in 2007. but then this happened:

have you not learned?

7. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    BigSoccer Asian members went from being brothers and sisters at the World Cup and now will turn into enemies for the Asian Cup :D

Nurafshon repped this.
  8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    WC is over m8. Kangaroo hunting season is on! :sneaky:

9. Nimaaa

Nimaaa Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah I agree. It feels like they're all really feeding off of their supporters and stepping up a gear or two in front of every opposition. Their supporters have been amazing and they also don't want to disappoint in "home ground."

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol, Germany must have thought they were playing Australia today!

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well, we might have done bad in the WC but at least we're not Brazil.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOL

KiarashM, Valkyrie and Suren01 repped this.
  12. ioppolo

ioppolo Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A dark day that was for us Socceroos fans :p

13. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

hi guy, i'm here to promote a documentary i am doing currently about my experience of the world cup 2014 i had in new york city. i went to places all over to watch the games. i had a fantastic time. i documented my experience and i am here to leave you with a trailer of the documentary and will be premiering later in august. hope you guys enjoy it when it's uploaded.