Advice Needed: Fixture Movements

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by SND1, Jan 12, 2017.

1. SND1

SND1 Member

Aug 9, 2006
    NJ
    Will luckily be in England for the Man U/Chelsea game in April @ Old Trafford. Plan to get a membership for each of our family members and when they open the ticket window I'll try to get seats. I've done that several times before, so hopefully we'll secure tickets that way (though open to opinions if that's a flawed assumption).
    My question is about how they might shift the game day from Saturday. I know this is done for a variety of reasons (pretty sure Europa and FA Cup fixtures don't apply this weekend) incl. television. Our travel is somewhat flexible so it's no issue if they move to Sunday. But if they move it to Monday it may be an issue.

My question: is movement to Monday governed by some type of protocol or when they decide which games will be shown on TV can they just as easily move the fixture to Monday? Some weeks there are Monday games and some weeks not. I've done a lot of Googling and while I'm sure the answer exists someplace on the web, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for your guidance.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game is in between the two legs of the Europa League Quarterfinals, so if Manchester United advances two rounds to get that far their game against Chelsea will be on Sunday or Monday. I don't know why some weeks have Monday games but not all weeks.