Advice for National Team Game at Aviva Stadium

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by RegularGuy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are planning to visit Dublin from the States during the Euro qualification game against Germany in October. I know it's far in advance, but can anyone give any advice about attending the game? The FA of Ireland website is a bit difficult to understand. As far as I can tell, most tickets for most of the qualifying games were already sold as part of a subscription a long time ago, but the Germany game was not included. I imagine season ticket holders will have the first attempt, and then what happens -- is there a supporters club or other thing I can join to try to participate in a public sale? Assuming there is no way to get tickets through the FA from the states as part of a public sale, are there reliable re-sellers or supporter to supporter websites that will sell tickets? I see that viogogo and other online touts are already listing the game, although they don't say they have actual tickets in hand, and I am worried about getting taken.

We've already booked our hotel, and getting to the ground looks relatively straightforward based on where the seats are located. Anything in particular I should know? Where would be a good place to sit to be among supporters of the home side? I will be with my son, who is young teen.