Advice for a father to be

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by gremista, Oct 31, 2006.

1. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perspective Boys:
    1. Set some tools in a case by walls around first steps and within a couple of months. It will intrigue him. He will pick it up and throw on the ground for sound. This builds a sense of confidence and is a way to break latter habits of domination. My nephew did this at six months. It was great watching. Him standing by drill bit case and grabs it. Looks around to see who is watching. Throws down and yells some like things need fixin.
    2. Take them outside for a first snow fall. At one years of age; I stood out on porch and laughter rang out when flakes fall. Also teach the Moon and buy a globe. I bought Mars and he still likes to throw it around and roll it.
    3. By two years of age; they really like to see things fixed. Nephew already has turned first screw and tighten first bolt. It gets to point were they want it for themselves.
    4. Have some floor cushion seats to rest in. They love running and diving into it. Just like football but it can make the head hurt.
    5. Curiosity leads them into kitchen and loves to grab cooking pots. Let them and give them wooden spoon to bang on. Luckly if you give them freedom. It isn't always abused.
    6. Buy a couple of toys. That are above age range. They can sense progress and feelings in learning. I bought. Learn Through Music. It works. get on computer and they will light up the buttons. He loves looking at tractors and trucks.
    7. Watch cartoon channels and let them dance away. This really does help associate with toys.
    8. Stories books and good rythums really helps equallibrium. I like to put on warm-ups and slide on wood floors with hands. They'll run by you and you can snip at heals/ tickle bottom of feet. They do pick it up.
    Well that is about all for now. Remember everything helps and hardly anything is useless. Time is closing in on outerspace....

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually he's been chewing on his hand for a couple months now, and trying to chew on everything else as well. His favorite thing is chewing on the pacifier case, not the pacifier.

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seconding some advice from Damon (while lamenting that we don't get snow :()

but we have a drawer in our kitchen that isn't baby-proofed. he knows that's his drawer and always plays with what's in it. an old pot, some old tupperware, stuff like that. he loves it.

we've been long believers in letting him cry it out at night (to a certain extent). sometimes he'd wake up crying and we'd go in, but he'd still be asleep and not even know we were there. No, we let him go for a bit and 90 percent of the time he's asleep within a couple of minutes. Our doctor said sometimes they work through it, and it's important that they do. Learning to put themselves back to sleep is one of those developmental milestones. Also,we can really interpret his cries and we know when he's just making noise and when he's upset.
    I guess to boil it down, don't overreact everytime you hear them cry. Sometimes it's just normal and they get past it by themselves.

4. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    Many thanks for all the great advice...this notice went out today.

I really appreciate the great advice and look forard to applyingit

We are pleased to announce the arrival of the newest Hungarian - American. On November 07, 2006, Daniel Támas Moore (aka Dan) was born in Budapest at 11:15 am CET. He weighs 3.1 kilos (6.83 lbs) and is 53 cm long (20.86 inches)

Both Dan and his mother Eva are doing great. I am a wreck however!

More news and pictures as the week goes on

Büszkén jelentjük be a legújabb “Magyar-Amerikai” jövevény érkezését: Dániel Tamás Moore (Dan) ,

2006. november 7-én délelőtt 11 óra 15 perckor született Budapesten, 53 cm-rel és 3.1 kg súllyal.

Dan és édesanyja, Éva jól vannak.

Ami engem illet, én egy roncs vagyok! J

További hírekkel és néhány képpel a hét folyamán még jelentkezem.

Üdvözlettel:

Steve

5. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Congrats! :)

6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    awesome. you're gonna do great.

7. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations! And good luck. :)

One last tidbit of parental wisdom from me: gastroenteritis is the devil. Pray your child never gets it... Yesterday we had one mom (me) plus two twin boys with it all in the same day. I think my husband is a saint now.

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Oh and Pear Juice is Mother Natures Ex-Lax
    Or at least it works for my daughter, every kids system is different.

But be careful, put a little too much in them and
    [​IMG]
    :D