Adriano: O Imperador [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Jon Pall, Sep 22, 2003.

1. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Damn, where did all the money go??:confused:

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is trying to return in 2018 ... @Mengão86

3. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He'll be 36 by then!!

4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Adriano is a name I'm sick and tired of hearing about. I'd rather he sulk away into oblivion.

I recently saw something about how he could have been our Klose and it made me bitter. Guy could have been a mainstay in the NT if he had his head on properly.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's harsh from a human point of view. Adriano has had a lot of personal issues including depression. You can see in the interview that he still has unresolved issues even though he tries to put on a straight face. I do hope he is able to come back and play a little bit if that's what he really wants. It would give some closure to his footballing career.

6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not gonna lie, I know its harsh to think like that. Both of my parents and step parents( who had major hand in raising me) are alive so I don't know how I'd be if something were to happen to one of them.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that he has been given so many chances and still couldn't get on the right path. He has kids as well. Are you telling me that you couldn't decide to clean up your act even for your children?

Of course this is me just being ignorant/selfish. I've never been through what he has.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, his lifestyle and lack of commitment has been problem for his football career. But I don't know how his relationship with his children is. It sounds that he is very close to his family so I'd imagine he takes care of them well because it doesn't sound like he has financial problems.

8. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll tell you what...if his head was on right with his size and lethal left foot he sure would've been great help up front for us in WC'14!!

9. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He could have been with us in 2018 as well. Thats the craziest/most disappointing part about it.

10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @Mengão86

Adriano looks resolved with himself. The sad part though is him saying how proud he is about not doing drugs but he does seem to have a drinking problem. Good thing is that it doesn't look like he squandered his money away.

I didn't know he started as FB and even played CB .. and only played striker at around 15.

11. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He's on Instagram and appears to be very happy and settled. Love the guy.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, I saw that interview. Most of the stuff had been known for some time now. He is one of the most pure hearted people you’ll know. Unfortunately, someone was taken away from him too soon and he only knew how to cope one way, and it costed him reaching his potential in his career. It’ll be one of those what if stories kids will ask about who never saw him play, but heard stories or saw videos.